Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 11:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331577 Posts in 13576 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3 Unveiled
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 Unveiled  (Read 23689 times)
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2006, 01:08:31 AM »

Quote from: "Dice"
I hate to bring back an old topic.
But no one really said the "OMG" yet.

Anyways, ltitle birdie (named http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2824&Itemid=2 ) says P3 is coming over. ...hooray!  guns to the head weren't bad enough to prevent it from coming!

I second that hooray! And it makes me all the more bummed that my work screwed the staff out of going to E3 this year.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2006, 01:27:38 AM »

Rule of Rose too, nice.

I am very happy. :)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2006, 01:47:44 AM »

It's worth noting those are games Famitsu /expects/ to see, not an official list. May be there, and they're probably good at guessing, but even a solid professional guess =/= official announcement. I'd be glad to be proven wrong by a list of games Atlus is showing off or something, though.

Edit: IGN's list of E3 games. I see a distinct lack of Devil Summoner - while it doesn't confirm Persona 3, I'm sure that proves that more will be shown from Atlus than listed.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2006, 10:03:42 PM »

Sorry for the double post; GameSpot's put up pictures, albit in Japanese. That's enough to convince me that Atlus is infact bringing it over, unless they're asses and showing off the game just to taunt us.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2006, 05:14:52 AM »

I'm sure you've all seen this already, but RPGFan's Atlus update says that Persona 3 is indeed coming to the US. Fantastic news!

Buuut, untill we hear more about exactly how Atlus USA will handle the localization (will the gun to the head still be in, etc) I won't be able to rest easy.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2006, 05:33:00 AM »

This is Atlus we're talking about - they brought over the series where people eat each other. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Also, really pissed at the reason Devil Summoner PSP wasn't OK'd - It's /entirely/ new content for the US asshats, and it never even came out on the PSX anywhere in the world anyway. Just... God, I really wish Sony's content control loosened up to the degree of Microsoft's or something, this is just stupid.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2006, 11:18:48 AM »

Yeah, it's a damn shame.

I am also curious about the condition in which P3 will be when it gets over here.

I haven't heard anything regarding changes made to the latest batch of Atlus games coming over (DDS, Nocturne).  Hopefully, P3 will be no different.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2006, 11:30:12 AM »

Quote from: "Testament"

I am also curious about the condition in which P3 will be when it gets over here.

Instead of pointing guns to their head, they point cheerleader batons (go La Pucelle).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2006, 11:35:04 AM »

Instead of pointing guns to their head, they point cheerleader batons (go La Pucelle).

I would cry if that happened.  Something along the lines of what they did in Xenosaga Episode II couldn't be so horrible, but I much rather the game remain in tact.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2006, 11:40:57 AM »

Hold on a sec, what did they do to Xenosaga Ep 2? This is the first time I hear of alterations made to that game. I know the Albedo/Momo scene in Ep 1 was edited for the US release, but I've not heard of anything done to Ep 2.

Anyway, I wonder excatly how much of the suicide imagery they could change, as depressed teenagers trying to kill themselves seem to be a major theme judging from the promo that was released before. I remeber there being a lot animated cutscenes featuring guns to the head.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2006, 02:42:37 PM »

As for what happened in XS2:
Code:
There was a scene in the american version where young Albedo blew off his head with an energy blast. In the japanese version, it was a gun.
I also think its worth noting that, from what I read on the Atlus forums awhile back, it sounds like Atlus has no intention of trying for a T rating. So take that as you will.
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2006, 08:21:20 PM »

As long as they summon the damned persona, a lack of teenage suicide is fine by me.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2006, 08:44:30 AM »

I do believe they will leave the suicidal thing as it is. It's not like they will have to cut only one scene if they do that, they will have to modify the whole goddamn game . Plus, from what I saw on the video (Thanks mr. Hidoshi for uploading it), when they shoot themselves on the head it doesnt show lots of blood coming out of it or anything gore of the sort.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »

Im actually really excited about this game.  Hell, we need more M-rated RPG's, I feel more on the level with it (if ya know what I mean).  Its great how they tend not to preach baout the power of friendship as well but rather how group work can be more effective. =P

Anyways, Im really digging this stylish look as seen in the opening and menu screens.  Plus the artist did a fantastic job of drawing interesting characters and personas.  Can't help but love the occasional comic-book-esque cut in.

As it seems most Persona games follow some sort of religion for myth basis, I wonder of the Greek mythology direction is going to make any drastic impact.  I can't see how, but this should be interesting.

Long story short....Sexy, me want.

...anyone else find it cute how the game is being released on a 13th in japan? =P

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2006, 10:44:58 PM »

I haven't been this excited over a game in a long time. This game looks absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait for this to come to the US.

I've been playing alot of Eternal Punishment lately. I'm going to finish that then move on to the Digital Devil Saga games.That'll give me a nice dose of the mega ten games before P3 reaches over this way.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: