Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 10:16:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340906 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3 Unveiled
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 Unveiled  (Read 24597 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2006, 10:22:19 AM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Yesterday's edition of Gamepot's On The Spot had a brief demo of the japanese version of Persona 3 (it's a little past the middle part of the show). I liked what I saw, but the summoning animations seemed a bit lengthy if you have to perform them many times in each battle.

I read that article. They talk about how the summons don't take a long time, actually.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2006, 05:21:55 AM »

Got to listen to the OST. Perfect! It does have a different sound to it compared to those of SMT3 and DDS more jazzy/dance-y.
As for the game, seriously guys stop getting me excited XD Now that we know Persona 3 lives up for its name we gotta hope for a good English version to follow the expectations!
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2006, 10:08:24 AM »

The OST is absolutely amazing.

For a while, it seemed like Shoji Meguro had reached his creative peak.  Nocturne, DDS and the new Devil Summoner all sound incredibly similar.  P3 is completely fresh.  I had no idea the guy had this kind of range.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2006, 10:11:30 AM »

Quote from: "Testament"

For a while, it seemed like Shoji Meguro had reached his creative peak.  Nocturne, DDS and the new Devil Summoner all sound incredibly similar.  P3 is completely fresh.  I had no idea the guy had this kind of range.

I got the OST as well and I love it. And like everyone else is saying, it sounds really fresh. I love that modern/jazzy feel to it. The vocals in alot of the tracks is really cool too. .

I've also had a chance to play the import of P3. While I don't know anything that's going on, really. I can say that this is going to be one of my favorite RPGs. The whole presentation and style of the game is just amazing.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2006, 10:12:17 PM »

Persona games never cease to impress, music wise.  As stated above, the soundtrack is pretty damned awesome.
But, for the sake of self-respect, they should have left the opening in japanese or had someone less engrish-y sing it.  Its such a cool track though.
....Whats "Burn my Bread" though?? =P (maybe its got something to do with that one guy looking like Jesus xP )
Here are the lyrics if anyone was curious...

Dreamers stop
Ticking clock
I work my way out of a soundless room
Windless night
Moon brightness
My ghost reached the door to the rouge-formed room

Night freed death
A freeing sword
When the clock stops I still live

I will burn my dread
I mustn't run away
On a journey to get to where I am
Burn my dread
Iíll be clinging to you tight till I see the sunlight again

I left my place and went to the sunlight

Oh I will run
But all regret and death
And I will brave the sun
We're brighter when we're living

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2006, 10:21:01 PM »

Quote from: "Testament"

While it may be true that Nocturne, DDS and Kuzunoha Raidou sound similar musically, I'd say this is actually more of a high point than a low point. The first two things that made me go "I WILL BUY THIS" when I saw a trailer for Kuzunoha was that Meguro was doing the music, and Kaneko was doing the art.

When I played Nocturne, I only hoped the music for the not yet released DDS would be as good.

Regardless, I'm a big fan of Meguro's style in general, so I'll be very interested in hearing the OST when I get a chance.

Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2006, 11:27:41 PM »

While it may be true that Nocturne, DDS and Kuzunoha Raidou sound similar musically, I'd say this is actually more of a high point than a low point.

Which is why I said Peak!

What I meant though, is that after hearing those OSTs I thought...  This is what Meguro is all about (I don't mean it in a negative way)!  Which is why I was shocked at how fresh the P3 OST is.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2006, 12:12:58 AM »

I figured your statement didn't have a negative connotation, but sometimes a peak would be associated with a future decline . . . which is negative.

I get what you were trying to say though.

Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2006, 07:54:03 PM »

It looks like dual audio won't be possible for this title.  The DVD is almost at full capacity and the anime cutscenes do not have subtitles.  Vyers (Atlus US employee) stated that re-recording the anime scenes and adding the subtitles is not feasible.

Regarding the English dub... I personally believe good voice acting is good voice acting, regardless of the context...  Even in a distinctly Japanese environment.   Though a lot of people donít seem to feel the same way...
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2006, 01:59:06 AM »

Someone posted this at GAF...  http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...F5FD4B2E11E530

Nice little gameplay video (Shows the dog doing a summon!).
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2006, 03:02:10 AM »

That link doesn't work. Seems like you posted the shortened version of the URL, rather than the proper full-length one.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2006, 03:23:19 AM »

Sorry about that.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=69F5FD4B2E11E530
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: