Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:55:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334414 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Rogue Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rogue Help  (Read 1483 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2006, 01:51:14 AM »

So my undead rogue just hit 50...wootz.

I have about 470ish Attack Power and 240ish Agility. I'm a combat sword build and I'm wondering a couple things.

1) Should I be focusing more on Agility or should I just worry about it as I near 60?
2) Is Attack Power something I should really look at for equipment right now? I have a few +AP rings and a couple gear slots that have +AP as well.
3) My build is: Thus. Any suggestions?

Any feedback, criticism is very welcome.

Grassy Ass.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 03:31:46 AM »

Tips from a sword rogue with 30 days played at 60:

Slice and Dice is your best friend.  Always have it up.  It's better than eviscerate the better your gear gets.

Remember, 1 Agi = 1 ATP, but it's also 1/29% crit and some % dodge.  So you want to look at it like this: Agi will get you a more rounded build, but you never want a 1/1 trade of Agi for ATP.

Your build looks fine; I'd put the three points from imp evis into imp slice and dice, though.  I run 18/33/0.

While a raid spec is a bit different than five manning it, you want to have the most sustained DPS for the longest period of time with the least aggro - that means slice and dice.

At your level, gear is pretty cut and dry as to what is better; when it becomes atp vs crit vs agi vs whatever is when you start seeing the purples drop.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Nad
Morbid Minister

BurningNad
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 03:51:02 AM »

Agi = Stam > AP when it comes to stat priority.

Also, will you be focusing more on pve or pvp once you hit 60? Your build possibilities can vary greatly, depending. For your current build though, put that next point into Adrenaline Rush. You should have gotten it earlier imo. I agree with John about SnD. Evis only starts becoming good damage-wise when you get your AP close to 1k, and your white damage will contribute to 50% of your raid damage with SnD up most of the time.

If you're going to be doing both pvp and pve, this is a build you'd do well with. It was the build I used for most of my raiding career (I was usually top dps in the raid, up until some of our rogues specced combat daggers ie. pve fgt) that was always viable for battlegrounds (though I was always a fan of mace spec).

Anything else, just ask. Been playing my rogue since release (got about 115 days at level 60) so fire away.

Nothing.
Ark

me irl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 07:31:04 PM »

Quote from: "Nad"
combat daggers ie. pve fgt)

lmbo owned scrub....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: