Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 02:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334558 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Xseed localizing Senran Kagura Burst
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Xseed localizing Senran Kagura Burst  (Read 6552 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 02:12:38 AM »

Yeah, they're definitely a good 7 or so years behind when it comes to Online stores.  Very annoying.

Anyway, I tried this just for fun.  Even if you're not interested in breasts and panties it's still surprisingly deep and the characters all play very differently.

That said, what the hell at that terrible FPS in the hub?  It's a tiny area with nothing going on and no environmental effects, the low FPS there is inexcusable in any circumstance.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 11:08:23 PM »

Now that I've seen a bit more of the game I recall a site doing an article about this with that snide "OH, JAPAN!" tonality, so it's actually kind of nice to see games like this get an audience over here so those writers can choke on their foot.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 02:23:43 AM »

Now that I've seen a bit more of the game I recall a site doing an article about this with that snide "OH, JAPAN!" tonality, so it's actually kind of nice to see games like this get an audience over here so those writers can choke on their foot.

Do you mean this one?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 10:13:29 AM »

Nope, I never find SiliconEra articles to be particularly pointed about the more Japanese games. I don't know what site it was on, but it was quite a while ago that I saw it.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 02:45:29 PM »

I don't know, I really do think there are times when "Oh, Japan" is a perfectly relevant tone to take.  It's not always derogatory, there's a certain fondness when I say it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »

Some gafers seem to think that Xseed is teasing a Shinovi Versus localization.

I already imported it and I doubt I'm going to double dip but it is a surprisingly fun game.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 10:34:28 PM »

Oh wow, there's a fighting game in the series? Now that Arcana Hearts X Senran Kagura crossover I wished for is that much closer to a reality! =O

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 11:06:11 PM »

It's not a fighting game...

Well, I guess there is a multiplayer versus mode, but that isn't really the main point.  It's just a name.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 11:57:05 PM »

At first I thought the silhouette belonged to Estelle Bright but I will admit the Senran Kagura Versus one is a dead ringer.

Still not going to hold my breath until they actually announce it properly (and even then....*cough*SMTXFE*cough*).

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »

Well, I guess there is a multiplayer versus mode, but that isn't really the main point.  It's just a name.

Wikipedia said it was a 3D Fighting game. :/

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 08:11:32 AM »

So wait, Ridiculous Boobie Ninjas (to quote Kevadu) actually sold a copy or two?  Enough to maybe tease for a sequel?  From what I've read, the game seems to be all gimmick but little substance and only the most narrow niche would even look at it.

It probably would have sold more had it been renamed Ridiculous Boobie Ninjas instead of being kept as Senren Kagura, purists be damned.  

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 09:00:32 AM »

Wikipedia said it was a 3D Fighting game. :/

It's more like the Something Something Warriors series or like Drakengard where you're given a named character and are sent to topple wave after wave of nameless/faceless mooks before fighting the commander (aka another named character).

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »

Okay, that makes more sense. Also noticed Wikipedia didn't have a source for Shinovi Versus, so I guess I should've known better than to trust it.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »

At first I thought the silhouette belonged to Estelle Bright but I will admit the Senran Kagura Versus one is a dead ringer.

Still not going to hold my breath until they actually announce it properly (and even then....*cough*SMTXFE*cough*).

Dude Atlus is in Sega's pocket now. Why stop at SMTXFE when we could have Roy and Diasoujou riding a biomechanical dragon into battle against the Bulzome Empire? And all the weapons in the game are hedgehogs.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »

So wait, Ridiculous Boobie Ninjas (to quote Kevadu) actually sold a copy or two?  Enough to maybe tease for a sequel?  From what I've read, the game seems to be all gimmick but little substance and only the most narrow niche would even look at it.

Well, pretty much everyone who has played both (I haven't played both, just Versus...) seems to say that Versus is the much better game.  Though it also kicks the echiness up a couple of notches...

But I can see why people might enjoy a fairly basic brawler with funny (though not exactly original) characters.  Sometimes you just want something a little silly like that.  Not every game needs to be The Last of Us.

It's more like the Something Something Warriors series or like Drakengard where you're given a named character and are sent to topple wave after wave of nameless/faceless mooks before fighting the commander (aka another named character).

That's basically true but I feel like it puts much less emphasis on the mooks than those games.  Those parts of the battles generally end quickly and before they've worn out their welcome.  And in fact there are a number of stages that don't even have mooks.  It's the battles against other shinobi that are very clearly the emphasis (well, that and boobs).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: