Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 06:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318973 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Xillia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Xillia  (Read 17346 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »

Ignore him., you do a fine job keeping spoilers out of visible text.

Just made it to Burmia Gorge or whatever, and I have to agree with Dice's earlier comment that Rowan seems like he's going to be pretty awesome (Though I'm still convinced Leia is going to be my favorite). And Teepo is actually growing on me ("It tastes like sunshine!") And all in all I'm finding myself able to overlook the flaws in the game more each time I play.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2013, 12:52:14 PM »

Why do I feel like Jude reminds me of Ashton before something ruined his innocence?

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »

Why do I feel like Jude reminds me of Ashton before something ruined his innocence?

Asian with some familial pressure for schooling and perhaps going in to be a doctor?*  Complete with strange yet interesting relationships with all sorts of women and fighting to save the planet from doom?

*Based on stereotypes that are totally insensitive and totally not true!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2013, 02:29:01 PM »

I know kung fu, too, so I'm not exactly helping the stereotype, am I?

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »

TAKE THAT DELITA PICTURE DOWN THIS INSTANT! YOU ARE GAFGARION DAMNIT!

TASTY!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2013, 03:34:41 PM »

DELITA > GAFGARION

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2013, 03:40:45 PM »

DELITA > GAFGARION
But Gafgarion...he gets not respect. Meanwhile Delita lied, cheated, and stole his way to a holy knight and then *SPOILERS* and takes all the credit. Screw him.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2013, 06:28:32 PM »

I really didn't notice it on the import, but they did an excellent job keeping load times minimal.  Even with a 2.2gb install, that's pretty impressive.  Was traversing through a dungeon and would quick travel back to town to turn in quests and load times were practically non-existent.

Also Elize and Teepo got a voice acting buff.  I was ready to cringe when she made her appearance, but her voice actor is much, much better than the Japanese voice (at least much less annoying).

I wonder how the voice actor who plays Milla feels about people thinking she has a lisp?  I don't get audio stuff, so I'll have to take people's word for it when they say it is LQ/some other tech issue. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »

She sounds like she's talking through a large screen. It's not so much a lisp as it is just poorly filtered. Added on top of that is her native language not being english, and basically you have a audio engineer that needs firing.

TASTY!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2013, 07:43:46 PM »

I actually am surprised at all the dislike Milla's voice gets. I have no problem with it. It sounds deeper and older than I would have expected, but she's, you know, a deity. I'm not sure what this lisp that everyone else is talking about is.

The whole game does have the 'talking in a can' issue that FFXII also had, but all things considered, I'm not that bothered by it.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »

I feel her actress is doing better as the game goes on, but some of Milla's can still be kinda stiff. I do admire them finding an actress with such a deep voice for a leading lady though. She's grown on me to say the least.

I find Jude in English is like 100% less annoying/effeminate too actually. So i'm happy there and with Teepo who just sort of yelled half of its lines before.

Also, fun anecdote, but my brother and I would play games and enjoy poor reads of character names...
Gafgarion was renamed either Garfunkel or Grand Funk [Railroad]

EDIT:  Also, a big big problem
Does anyone else screw up between the lead heroine's name and the game title??  I keep saying "Millia from Xillia".  Certainly Milla's massive hair and a certain Guilty Gear character are part of the blame.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:50:49 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2013, 11:38:52 PM »

I actually am surprised at all the dislike Milla's voice gets. I have no problem with it. It sounds deeper and older than I would have expected, but she's, you know, a deity. I'm not sure what this lisp that everyone else is talking about is.

The whole game does have the 'talking in a can' issue that FFXII also had, but all things considered, I'm not that bothered by it.

It seems to me people are kind of mixing the two together (Milla has a lips/talking in a can), because they did an awful job on the audio mastering I guess the sound gets crushed and so it SOUNDS like Milla has a lisp, even if the voice actress never actually spoke with a lisp. And depending on audio setups maybe people just aren't noticing that talking-in-a-can effect EXCEPT for Milla, and thus come to the conclusion she has a lisp.

Anyways it bugs me half because of platform, half because sometimes it's completely inconsistent as sometimes the voice quality sounds noticeably worse than the rest of the time. I didn't mind much in FFXII because it's a massive game with high quality FMVs stuck on a DVD, maybe a single layered DVD! Meanwhile Xillia wouldn't even fit a normal dual layered DVD so I'm just left baffled at the sound quality, and it's doubly damning that it sounds like it's more a problem of mastering and less a problem of someone being stupid about space conservation.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2013, 11:44:46 PM »

@Dice
Nope, I keep getting thrown off by Mila Kunis, so the name is perma stuck.

Also, if your Alvin isn't wearing dem Aviators, you're simply doing it wrong.

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2013, 03:00:37 AM »

I made Jude wear glasses because I thought his face needed it. He's had them for over 30 hours and now he looks weird when I see him in the anime bits and skits.
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2013, 03:48:39 AM »

I made Jude wear glasses because I thought his face needed it. He's had them for over 30 hours and now he looks weird when I see him in the anime bits and skits.

Same, I've got him in the red outfit, Cress hair, earrings, and the half-frame glasses. Not too shabby!

Just beat the game and finished the bonus dungeon at about 57 hours....I guess it's time for a new game plus with Jude!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:09:44 AM by Tsi Aileron » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: