Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327406 Posts in 13405 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Xillia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Xillia  (Read 21724 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »

Is it just me, or does Elize act way younger than her age?  If I didn't read her character info Online, I'd swear she was 8 or 9 or so.  Even my 10 year-old cousin, who is also shy, acts older than she does.

Meanwhile, I was really surprised by Leia's maturity in certain scenes regarding Elize.  She's one who I would have expected to be older.

Elize isn't so much immature as she is socially insecure for very good reasons.

Leia is my favorite character because she has all the good qualities of your typical super energetic young female character without being portrayed as either smart and obnoxious or just plain ditzy.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2013, 09:05:44 PM »

Is it just me, or does Elize act way younger than her age?  If I didn't read her character info Online, I'd swear she was 8 or 9 or so.  Even my 10 year-old cousin, who is also shy, acts older than she does.

Meanwhile, I was really surprised by Leia's maturity in certain scenes regarding Elize.  She's one who I would have expected to be older.

Elize isn't so much immature as she is socially insecure for very good reasons.

Leia is my favorite character because she has all the good qualities of your typical super energetic young female character without being portrayed as either smart and obnoxious or just plain ditzy.

Leia is literally a brown-haired Natalia with much more energy and less nagging.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »

Yeah, she's great.  I'm tied between her and Rowen.  And I like the "dynamics" between Elize and Teepo with respect to her timidness.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2013, 11:16:31 PM »

Leia's probably my favorite character in the game, partly for the fact that she's the tsundere archetype but actually feels like she could be a real person. She's not a bitchy woman goblin like Rita, nor is she naggy or annoying like Natalia or Tear.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2013, 12:25:58 AM »

You insult Tear and I destroy you.

I KILL YOU

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2013, 12:36:06 AM »

I just got to Elise's infamous snow song...
Dear lord, that IS awful. Either the VA is tone deaf or doing a great job at acting like she is.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2013, 01:06:44 AM »

Is Rowen geting no love because he's old?

Man admits to hating cat girls.  He was a man after my own heart....age is just a number dammit!

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2013, 03:23:52 AM »

Rowen is awesome. Love his sense of humour. I also like he's actually old-old instead of 35-old or 'I look like a teenager but I'm actually several centuries old'.

I wonder if Tales (or any other RPG) will ever have the guts to include an older female character.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2013, 03:31:55 AM »

I wonder if Tales (or any other RPG) will ever have the guts to include an older female character.

How dare you suggest such a thing! /sarcasm

I think that would be great, actually. It'd be nice for a change, at the very least.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2013, 07:09:46 AM »

Is Rowen geting no love because he's old?

Man admits to hating cat girls.  He was a man after my own heart....age is just a number dammit!
Wait that bastard hates cat girls? He must burn at the stake!!!!! And to think I was considering putting him in my battle party. >.>

....:p
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2013, 07:18:54 AM »

I like when Rowen got "pissed" at Teepo for some stupid reason and starting fighting it as Teepo biting on his head
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2013, 07:22:33 AM »

I like how Teepo bounces. I wish I had a Teepo to bounce...

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »

Alright, Jude is growing on me a bit. Still happy I picked Milla, as I probably will only be giving this one playthrough and don't want to miss her content and can still treat Jude as my main in combat (cause his gameplay rocks!!!)

I think I just didn't/don't like Jude because he reminds me too much of... well ... me when I was younger in some senses.

Character/self analysis aside I must concur with the disdain you guys have for the shop system. It really does seem like unnecessary/uninspiring mechanic that was tacked on without logic. The whole shop system removed would simply streamline equipment management so one could return to gameplay post-haste. I feel like this a compile hearts/IF game mechanic that somehow snuck its way into the tales universe-LoL

My only other complaint is the dungeon design. Too large and open for my taste. I prefer more maze like, tight, and puzzle oriented. But that is really a subjective matter...

In any event, that is really all I can complain about. And in truth, I'm reaching so to speak.... That is, I am thoroughly loving this title (as I expected I would) the deeper I get. I LOVE the cast in this one, the graphics or gorgeous IMO, the skits are highly entertaining and the way they managed to pull off dual protagonists is awesome. I really thought it would be either Milla or Jude (depending on who you picked) that seemed to be the MC but in truth I don't think it matters who you pick in regard to the narrative doing a fine job of expressing both as being just as integral to the plot in different senses. I can't think of any other title that really pulls this dual protag thing off quite like this.... I personally was expecting something more akin to the Star Ocean 2 mechanic.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: August 15, 2013, 08:33:12 PM »

If they've really made the dungeons more open and less "oh god, which room is this they all look the god damn same" then consider me a happy camper.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: August 15, 2013, 11:08:13 PM »

If they've really made the dungeons more open and less "oh god, which room is this they all look the god damn same" then consider me a happy camper.

I think Graces suffered more in terms of "dungeon sameness" and walking corridors n such, but every so often there'd be some 'trick' or something to do.  Problem with Xillia dungeons is they're pretty big..... but there's also, literally, NOTHING TO DO IN THEM.  You walk.  And you walk.  You jump up a ledge.  Then open a door. 

That's.  It.

There's also, I think, more towns than fucking dungeons. 

Also, I read up some spoilers on Xillia 2 --- NO I WON'T EVER REVEAL ANYTHING ABOUT IT EVER -- But I think there was *way* more time and love put into that game's plot.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: