Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 07:44:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338217 Posts in 13846 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Xillia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Xillia  (Read 29117 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »

Oh don't get me wrong Dice, I love Milla in this game. I find nothing wrong with her outfit, it works for her. But goddamn her blue and white outfit in 2 is so hot...even the black and pink one is pretty hot, though she lacks her sylph stripe in her hair.

But seriously, Gaius....he's just awesome.

TASTY!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2013, 08:55:31 PM »

Oh don't get me wrong Dice, I love Milla in this game. I find nothing wrong with her outfit, it works for her. But goddamn her blue and white outfit in 2 is so hot...even the black and pink one is pretty hot, though she lacks her sylph stripe in her hair.

I liked Gaius about a million times better than Jude, I wished the plot focused on Milla and Gaius than Milla and Jude.

((I actually prefer red/black Milla to white/blue)).
Actually, I liked one of the earlier colour schemes for Milla's design more.  It was more red than magenta.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: August 22, 2013, 10:13:50 PM »

Indeed, more Gaius, please. There's never enough Gaius, suit or no.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2013, 12:27:45 PM »

I'm not going to mince words; I am so frustrated that this deserves a double post.

This optional, post-game dungeon is crap.

I have never seen such a tacked-on, lazy dungeon in my life.  No, not even Vesperia's, which at least was somewhat interesting.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »

Now I want to watch BSG again.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2013, 09:02:27 AM »

Beat Jude's story last night, level 70ish. Final boss was a pushover.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2013, 09:29:33 AM »

It was funny I went in to that high level mine around Leronde when my characters were just under 30, wondered why the monsters, though not killing me, were giving me such a hard time, only to find out they were lvl 60.

This game is too easy.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: August 25, 2013, 08:34:27 AM »

I am now at the very end of Tales of Xillia, with a ton of sidequests to track down before curbstomping the final boss (level 70ish right now). Overall I have enjoyed it. Going to go for a Milla playthrough after this.

I noticed something yesterday while I was thinking about the game.....

Code:
The whole boosters are bad for you subplot seems to have just been completely dropped. It was brought up, sorta mentioned for an hour afterwards and then blam falls off the face of the world.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »

I am now at the very end of Tales of Xillia, with a ton of sidequests to track down before curbstomping the final boss (level 70ish right now). Overall I have enjoyed it. Going to go for a Milla playthrough after this.

I noticed something yesterday while I was thinking about the game.....

Code:
The whole boosters are bad for you subplot seems to have just been completely dropped. It was brought up, sorta mentioned for an hour afterwards and then blam falls off the face of the world.

More than one subplot was completely dropped.  For example,
Code:
You're right in the middle of an imperative Spyrite research and human experimentation quest and then BOOM final dungeon!
You do get one optional scene about it later, but it was pretty bad.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »

I've said it before and I will say it again... your ability to utterly devour games astounds me D. We started this, Dragons Crown and Ni No Kuni at roughly the same time (so far as I remember) and you completed each before I even reached midway.

Good job sir!! Congrats.

Oh, and sorry for the Jude bashing a few pages ago. He grew on me.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »

I've said it before and I will say it again... your ability to utterly devour games astounds me D. We started this, Dragons Crown and Ni No Kuni at roughly the same time (so far as I remember) and you completed each before I even reached midway.

Good job sir!! Congrats.

Oh, and sorry for the Jude bashing a few pages ago. He grew on me.
Hombre, you have a career, I just work when I can. It's understandable that I can devote ludicrous amounts of time to the games I play. I wish I played less, honestly, as I always come across a massive lack of new stuff to play. It almost feels like I race to finish these games and it never feels good having ravaged them in days. Thanks for the kudos, but it's a bittersweet victory. I now lack something to do...kinda.

Glad Jude grew on you. I like him a lot. He evolves well during the story. Also  I was watching Star Trek earlier today and Spock said something....

"Once you remove the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle must be enjoying dem royalties.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »

Glad Jude grew on you. I like him a lot. He evolves well during the story. Also  I was watching Star Trek earlier today and Spock said something....

"Once you remove the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle must be enjoying dem royalties.

I want to bury my head in the sand every time a character mentions "Howe's Egg Principle."
Ryoken

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2013, 12:34:08 AM »

And I finished Jude's story last night; really loved the game overall, and while its a bit unpolished and the story could had used a bit more romance and plot development, I'd say this is my favorite Tales games, sharing the first place in the podium with T. of the Abyss; Now I'm off to play Graces F and do Milla's story.
As for Xillia's story and character, I really liked Jude and Millia's development, and their bittersweet ending, while makings sense for the overall story, still hurt a bit; I've always hated a bit how the developing teams of the Tales Series does their hardest to avoid canon coupling or resolved romance on the series; sure, it helps avoid getting involved in fandom wars, but I would love to see a Tales game with a definitive and resolved love story.
I really dont get the hate for Jude; i enjoyed his story, and his relationship with Milla and how they both knew their feelings for each other had to be put aside for the sake of their mutual quest really hit me hard; still more development wouldnt had hurt, actually.
Waiting for Xillia 2, and I may be alone here, but I kinda hope we get a third game in the Xillia series that brings the characters and world to an actual close, like Abyss and Vesperia did.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2013, 12:46:55 AM »

I actually disliked Milla x Jude.  I didn't feel there was much chemistry, other Tales titles pulled off better chemistry anyways as far as their relationship, Milla was mostly about "her mission" and Jude just followed her around like he was a fat kid chasing a twinkee on Milla's fishing pole.

Code:
I hated that by the *end* (when it's almost too late, given the ending) Milla says something like "We seem fated to meet up" ...golly, y'think that now?

Again, while replaying Vesperia (I love the way street-rat Yuri and regal Estelle seem to work well with and despite their differences) and coming off of The Last of Us, I felt the stuff between Jude and Milla was tame and luke warm at best.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ryoken

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2013, 01:21:15 AM »

I actually disliked Milla x Jude.  I didn't feel there was much chemistry, other Tales titles pulled off better chemistry anyways as far as their relationship, Milla was mostly about "her mission" and Jude just followed her around like he was a fat kid chasing a twinkee on Milla's fishing pole.

Code:
I hated that by the *end* (when it's almost too late, given the ending) Milla says something like "We seem fated to meet up" ...golly, y'think that now?

Again, while replaying Vesperia (I love the way street-rat Yuri and regal Estelle seem to work well with and despite their differences) and coming off of The Last of Us, I felt the stuff between Jude and Milla was tame and luke warm at best.

To be honest, I liked the relationship between Milla and Jude a lot, but yeah, it felt rushed and could had used more development in the game's fourth chapter; I loved that they do have feelings for each other, but both willingly accept that their happiness together cant be placed above the world's fate, which is the goal they both share and are willing to sacrifice their own happiness for; I know that the sequel expands on their relationship, but I guess they should had been developed more; like a lot of aspects of the game, it felt rushed, and Im sure that had Xillia not been rushed out, an extended story and romance between Jude and Millia would had made them more memorable.
Then again, the Tales series avoids canon couples and onscreen definitive romance a lot, so it should had been expected.

Code:
I did love that the game avoided pairing Jude with someone else afterwards, and there's that little hint that Milla and him are still connected in a way
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: