Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:11:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Project Phoenix (another Kickstarter!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Project Phoenix (another Kickstarter!)  (Read 7578 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »

So the character thought to be named Ruffles seems to be named Rafel now.  I guess we can worry about the game instead ;)

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 05:16:56 PM »

It looks like this game is getting backed already. Incredible! They're already at $90K

"Oh, a hunter..."
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 05:24:51 PM »

Yeah, there's no question they'll hit the $100k mark.  I do still wonder why they set the goal so low...they must have additional funding of some sort and this is just supplemental.  But there are some interesting-sounding stretch goals.  I think the real question is how many of those they can reach...

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 05:48:11 PM »

Yeah, there's no question they'll hit the $100k mark.  I do still wonder why they set the goal so low...they must have additional funding of some sort and this is just supplemental.  But there are some interesting-sounding stretch goals.  I think the real question is how many of those they can reach...

They say at the bottom of the Kickstarter that all of the funding from this Kickstarter will go towards designing 3D models.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »

Interesting, I didn't see the FAQ.  Sounds like everyone on this project is working for royalties and not actually receiving a salary.

Doesn't sound like the money is just being using for 3D models, though.  It's phrased kind of weird, but right after that they say it will "go towards things such as recordings and hiring extra assistants".  And then there are the stretch goals...

Anyway, it hit $108k.  Project funded already. 

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 07:54:32 PM »

It is probably going to more then double the 100k. It is at 135k now, glad it reached its goal so early will be interesting to see how close it comes to its ambition
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 08:05:11 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if it more than doubles that $100k target today.  If you mean over the course of the whole Kickstarter (which still has almost a month to go...) then I would be shocked if that's all it does....

Anyway, random tidbit on Ruffles/Rafel I picked up from the Kickstarter comments:

Apparently Rafel is here real name, but she's amnesiac and doesn't remember her name.  Somehow she ends up being called Ruffles.  So both names are in the game...

It's a little silly how much talk there is about this one character's name.  There's a lot.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »

I'm guessing she's probably found by a kid who doesn't speak her language and mishears her name as "Ruffles" rather than "Rafel." 

Okay, now I'm a little more on-board with Ruffles.  I still think Rafflesia would be about 20% cooler, but that's just me. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 08:50:52 PM »

Ok... I haven't been hyped and supar excited about a game release since the first Fable concepts, but this is hype that I will buy. When I was watching the 'trailer' before they even started speaking I was pretty thrilled $20 to back and get a copy of the game? I'm in. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

I don't understand anyone from this forum not being excited about this. with Wasteland 2 being funded to over 3 million (including Paypal) I'd be surprised if this didn't break a million. Every paragraph is unadulterated RPG fan boner material.

100k goal is horrible when their final stretch goal is 1.65million, I hope people keep funding and spreading word on this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:21:15 PM by zMKnightz » Logged
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »

Ok... I haven't been hyped and supar excited about a game release since the first Fable concepts, but this is hype that I will buy. When I was watching the 'trailer' before they even started speaking I was pretty thrilled $20 to back and get a copy of the game? I'm in. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

I don't understand anyone from this forum not being excited about this. with Wasteland 2 being funded to over 3 million (including Paypal) I'd be surprised if this didn't break a million. Every paragraph is unadulterated RPG fan boner material.

Who said we weren't excited? I'm definitely excited. I love everything I've seen and heard about this game so far and I hope it does well. I'm thinking of backing $50 to get the soundtrack and art book. The 3 songs at the bottom of the kickstarter and fantastic, too.

Maybe a lot of people aren't checking out this thread because it's titled "another kickstarter". Sounds a little negative.

"Oh, a hunter..."
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 09:34:09 PM »

I didn't say you're not excited. I said I don't understand why anyone wouldn't be. That's expecting everyone to be. o_O
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 10:03:25 PM »

I didn't say you're not excited. I said I don't understand why anyone wouldn't be. That's expecting everyone to be. o_O

You said "anyone from this forum", so that means anyone here doesn't it?

"Oh, a hunter..."
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 10:05:57 PM »

I don't understand anyone from this forum not being excited... is the double negative confusing? Here: I don't understand anyone from this forum not being excited. Better?
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 04:07:07 AM »

Was skeptical until I read the KS page. Backed at $20. Then I listened to the music samples and was like 'FUUUUUUUU' and raised it to $50 so I could get the soundtrack. At this point I don't even care if the game is any good, I just want the music #ThingsISayAboutEveryGameIBack

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 04:10:15 AM »

I don't have anymore money. I just can't back anything anymore!

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: