Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 12:11:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327422 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Project Phoenix (another Kickstarter!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Project Phoenix (another Kickstarter!)  (Read 6184 times)
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »

We're looking at interviewing Hiroaki Yura about Project Phoenix. If we do, does anyone have any questions they'd like us to ask? Can't promise they'll make it in, but we'll definitely try.

How many monies must I give him for them to have an option toggle between real-time and Shining Force style turn based?
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2013, 01:33:08 PM »

How many monies must I give him for them to have an option toggle between real-time and Shining Force style turn based?

I'm not so sure that'd be a good idea, they should just stick to one rather than trying to make two combat systems. The only time I've seen such an approach attempted (Arcanum) ended up with both being compromised, with neither working particularly well.
Tankallex
Warrior

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2013, 09:05:27 PM »

Wow, lots of talented people working on this title, definitely looks like something worth keeping an eye on. Did anyone see if this was exclusive to PC? Maybe I overlooked it, but it would be nice if this were coming out on my PS3 or 360 as well...
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2013, 09:08:40 PM »

I'm not so sure that'd be a good idea, they should just stick to one rather than trying to make two combat systems. The only time I've seen such an approach attempted (Arcanum) ended up with both being compromised, with neither working particularly well.

Arcanum with the evil +magic background and pure magic elf was hilarious in turn based. 1-2 casts of harm and everything fell over... but the RT/TB did suck.

Anyway... stop killin muh dreams, man, stop killin muh dreams.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2013, 10:24:21 PM »

Wow, lots of talented people working on this title, definitely looks like something worth keeping an eye on. Did anyone see if this was exclusive to PC? Maybe I overlooked it, but it would be nice if this were coming out on my PS3 or 360 as well...

They said they're working on getting it on PS4 and Vita and they're 90% sure it's going to happen, but they can't guarantee it at this point.

Also, If you back it through Kickstarter the copy you're going to get is the PC version.  I think there's a lot of red tape trying to apply Kickstarter rewards to consoles, unfortunately...

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »

Looks like they combat update is actually going to be a series of videos.  Here's the first one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eou3UMAZ5cc

On the subject of squads:
For the first time they've made it somewhat clear what a 'squad' is.  It seems like an arbitrary group of units (almost like assigning hot keys in an RTS) except the AI behavior for each squad can be set separately.  In the example they have 'squads' with as few as one unit in them (and the most in the example is three, though I'm sure more than that is possible), so this is still pretty small-scale stuff.  And while the squad behavior dictates how the units will act when you're not controlling them, more direct control is certainly possible.

Edit:
Another interview.  Fairly informative.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:17:58 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2013, 05:47:20 PM »

Update #12 : Forums & Devs

Update #13 : Thank you! $650k stretch goal reached!

Source: Kickstarter
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »

PS4 and Vita versions officially confirmed!

What's even cooler is that it sounds like they're working on a reward tier for people who want to get the PS4/Vita version through the Kickstarter.  That's pretty unusual for Kickstarters.  Typically they only offer PC versions of games because they can just give those out directly without having to go through Sony/whoever.  Not exactly sure how they're going to pull it off...

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2013, 09:42:48 PM »

Okay guys, this interview is definitely happening. If you have questions you'd like us to ask, please do let me know!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 10:30:01 PM »

Update #16A Quick, Somewhat Stern Update -- Source: Kickstarter

Whether it's Cloud Strife's search for his true identity or Ramza Beoulve's resoluteness in his commitment to justice in the face of treachery, the RPG hero's journey is one that captivates us through and through. As we play, their struggles, their hardships become ours. We embody their ideals, we empathize with them in their moment of weakness, but we also revel in their glories.

Later this week, we'll have people from the writing team go into greater depth about the story and character aspect of Project Phoenix. For now, we hope this gives you something to think about and an idea of what we ultimately hope to achieve through our characters!
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2013, 09:17:03 PM »

I'm really curious how this story/characters are going to pan out. I'm hoping it won't become like other modern JRPGs that have a "been there, done that" feeling to them.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »

Hey, update #21 actually has interesting information for once.  (Am I the only one who kind of feels like the majority of updates about this project have been completely lacking in content?)  First there's the second gameplay concept video...which is still pretty rough and vague.  Then there was supposed to be a story update video, but it got pulled for technical difficulties.  Maybe we'll see it again soon.  Then there's a music update, which is great as usual.

If nothing else this game is going to have amazing music.

In yesterday's update they announced that Good Smile Company will be making figures for the game.  I like GSC's work and all, but isn't that jumping the gun a bit?  For a moment I thought they were adding a new reward tier in which you got the figure, which would actually be kind of cool, but no.  All they were saying was that there would be figures at some point in the future...

There's just over 48 hours left in the Kickstarter campaign.  Time to get on it if you haven't yet.

ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2013, 12:39:16 AM »

...(Am I the only one who kind of feels like the majority of updates about this project have been completely lacking in content?)...

Yes and no but mostly no. I would love updates showing things that don't exist yet, like actual game play videos, screenshots, etc. At the moment it's all on paper and I've already read over the idea and like it. Text or more chatting video updates don't really interest me much. I've gotten a few pleasing things from the updates, but since the game is so far off and just beginning development I realize the updates I really want are a long way off. Hearing that obsidian backed them was fairly cool, and the PS4/Vita versions made me happy. I'm all for more RPG goodness on the Vita.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2013, 04:03:09 AM »

So they actually did add a limited edition of that figure as a Kickstarter reward...if you pledge $950 or more.  Jeebus.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2013, 06:28:32 AM »

So they actually did add a limited edition of that figure as a Kickstarter reward...if you pledge $950 or more.  Jeebus.
You can also get it by upping your pledge....by 200 or 250(forgot which). I decided against doing that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: