Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 06:27:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340860 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.  (Read 2368 times)
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2014, 08:22:04 AM »

Maybe you should get her Kingdom Hearts or something else that doesn't have slowass tank battle systems.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2014, 08:46:08 AM »

Some people like slow ass tank battle systems because it gives them time to think. An action RPG might feel a bit intimidating to someone who doesn't play games.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2014, 08:48:53 AM »

Some people like slow ass tank battle systems because it gives them time to think. An action RPG might feel a bit intimidating to someone who doesn't play games.

I agree with this. I loved Kingdom Hearts as the first RPG I got into...which I played after I worked my way through Devil May Cry 3. And I'm not talking about the Special Edition...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2014, 08:10:30 AM »

What tomara said, that is specifically why I didn't choose kingdom hearts. She is playung FFVI (for now), and regularly has to pause to look at her controller to make sure she is pushing the right buttons.  Shes getting much better already, but ARPGs are still a bit above her experience level.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2014, 10:00:31 AM »

Yep, when you're just starting out it's best to stick to games that only use a few buttons. I mean, I still have to look down at my controller after going from one system to another (Xbox and Nintendo are especially confusing), so I can kinda imagine how a newbie must feel.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: