Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:30:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319717 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  So... Board Games?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: So... Board Games?  (Read 4108 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2013, 02:11:31 PM »

I'm surprised about your experience with BGA... Everyone I've played with has been nice. Some get a little touchy when you take a long time to take your turn, but tend to be forgiving if you let them know you're new/learning.

Yeah. I can't really explain it either beyond interface screw. One moment, I'm dumping my little villagers into the forest to harvest some wood, the next I can't do anything because the A) the space will accept no more people, B) I can't find the command to confirm my action, C) I can't find the command to cancel my action, and D) I can't do anything else but watch the timer tick down and ask for help on the sideboard chat before getting booted the moment my timer goes over. And this wasn't my first game of Stone Age either. There should've been no problem. And all the while I was getting a warning from my browser that it was blocking a pop up from popping up. I considered refreshing the page, but I wasn't certain that such action wouldn't have been considered me dropping the game in the middle of it.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2014, 05:23:28 PM »

Played my first game of Terra Mystica yesterday.  I'd just like to say that the rulebook is a big confusing mess.  I mean, it's not really a simple game but it feels about ten times harder than it should when you first play it because the rulebook is so badly written.  Once we finally started to figure things out (which took a couple hours...) I started to think that it was actually a pretty cool game.  But god damn they need to rewrite the rulebook to actually be readable and sensibly organized...

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »

So it turns out that when someone is trapped in unemployment purgatory, they can get bored enough to give something that gave them a bad experience another shot (especially if that someone had already made all the commitments necessary for the first trial). Unfortunately, it turns out that the 'something' in particular is really fucking addictive, even in the face of all the issues that crop up around the site.

So again,
Code:
redacted for security purposes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:57:48 AM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »

was thinking of getting terra mystica, but I'll probably wait till it drops a bit lower. Got eldritch horror and played a 3 hour game with my friends, was pretty awesome. But yeah I've been busy with shin gundam musou and tales of xillia but will probably be on more often soon.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2014, 10:35:34 PM »

Earlier tonight I played some Adventure Time Card Wars and DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Heroes Unite.  Heroes Unite is probably better than the original - card types are more balanced, Supervillains are stronger, and there are fewer Batman and Justice League cards with more Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, and Teen Titans.  Card Wars is decent, with a lineage closer to Magic or YuGiOh than most CCGs.  Cornfields deck is baller. 

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »

So two things of minor importance.

1. Today is International Table Top Game Day! So everyone go out and play board games with your friends or with total strangers! Because everyone is doing it!

2. Allegiance: A Realm Divided is a kickstarter for a board game (well maybe more of a card game) that I think looks amazing and needs support in order to get funded, so all of you go and give them your money!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: