Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2016, 09:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
249827 Posts in 7494 Topics by 2397 Members
Latest Member: eclectic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  General Games
| | |-+  Oh the great Mario... How I can't play you
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Oh the great Mario... How I can't play you  (Read 1104 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL. 54 Optional-RPGFan-Character

View Profile Email

« on: August 18, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »

So last night I got an urge to play an old Mario title from yesteryear. As a kid, much like everyone else, I played the hell out Mario. After last night, I don't know how I managed it....

I have confirmed that I officially suck, with a capital SUCK, at 2-d platformers. I could not get through the first stages, let alone worlds in Mario 1, 2, or 3-lol

I'm giving super Mario world 2 yoshi's island a try now with better luck. Seems to be a vastly different platform mechanic to me.

The thing is, while not great at them, I can usually manage current gen platformers. This experience really made me realize how much easier and more accessible games have become. Dashed are my hopes of ever seeing the uber-cool water world in Mario 3 again without an unjustifiable degree of frustration... I will stick to the paper Mario's from now on.

Gee golly do I feel defeated... I guess this means nostalgia-playthroughs of mega man and donkey kong country are also a pipe dream (har har har, did u catch the joke???).

In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcedental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? Perhaps Man has no control even over his own will…
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: