Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 07:28:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329824 Posts in 13520 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bloodborne
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bloodborne  (Read 1021 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 11:39:34 PM »

Seeing some of the floor demo at Gamescom has me so excited I can barely see straight.  It looks fantastic.  The faster combat will probably entice those who found the methodical pace of the Souls games a bit plodding.  Honestly, the dodging reminded me of Zone of the Enders.  I realize how weird that sounds, but the perfect timing of dodges and how mobile the character appears stunning at this early stage.  I always wanted to dodge and zip around in games like Devil May Cry, but the camera was a nightmare to control and manage.  Using the Souls camera AND quick dodges seems like a match made in heaven.  Tying it all to stamina also keeps it from being a crutch. 

*salivates* 
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 03:52:53 AM »

My body is ready...

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »

Anyone worried about the Souls pedigree here needn't be
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/bloodborne/b/playstation4/archive/2014/08/19/-over-six-minutes-of-bloodborne-footage.aspx

I love the Victorian setting and this makes me want to play Nightmare Creatures.

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 02:41:19 AM »

This sure seems like Dark Souls in a Victorian era. Which is unbelievable awesome.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 03:16:44 AM »

^That's funny because I keep seeing Demon's Souls more than anything with Bloodborne.

But this is like the talk one can have with The Evil Within being more like either REmake or RE4. It doesn't really matter to have that conversation because both projects are in good hands in the end.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: