Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 06:47:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319682 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Does anybody like Coheed and Cambria??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Does anybody like Coheed and Cambria??  (Read 9660 times)
CoheedIV
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:01:29 PM »

I love their songs and their latest album. Hopefully someone likes them here.

HEY GUYS, COHEED AND CAMBRIA
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 06:24:20 PM »

I like them but I honestly doubt anybody else on here does.

I'll probably be banned in 3...2...1...

Sayonara retaado-chan. ^________^
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 07:27:05 PM »

Why would you say that? There are quite a few people on here that like them, or at least aren't disgusted by their very existence. That's a start, right? :P

I like what I've heard from Coheed, but I don't have any of their albums. Not a fanatic, but they sound good.
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:14:09 PM »

Quote from: "Merkava"
Why would you say that? There are quite a few people on here that like them, or at least aren't disgusted by their very existence. That's a start, right? :P

I like what I've heard from Coheed, but I don't have any of their albums. Not a fanatic, but they sound good.

Because when I was on here awhile back, everybody on here only listened to hard metal rock, coheed ain't that.  I can't think of many that like them.

Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 09:37:09 PM »

I listened to the first time today and I was really liking what I was hearing until the vocal's came in. I don't know why but I really dislike the vocals.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 10:34:53 PM »

Quote from: "Thanatos01s2"

Because when I was on here awhile back, everybody on here only listened to hard metal rock, coheed ain't that.  I can't think of many that like them.

So wait...you are basing your idea that people on here don't like them on the fact that the only people who actually venture into the music section are metalheads? Even though a few of those metalheads mentioned in a few posts that they liked Coheed? Wow, way to generalize there, asshat. I have read most of your posts, and not responded, but this just goes to show that you are indeed a douche bag.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 10:44:44 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Quote from: "Thanatos01s2"

So wait...you are basing your idea that people on here don't like them on the fact that the only people who actually venture into the music section are metalheads? Even though a few of those metalheads mentioned in a few posts that they liked Coheed? Wow, way to generalize there, asshat. I have read most of your posts, and not responded, but this just goes to show that you are indeed a douche bag.

What I brought up coheed and several other emo groups one to two years ago and I caught major shit from you metalheads.  So now that emo is popular, I get it, now its okay with you guys, cool! Way to conform!

Gilga

mmmdugger1@wmconnect.com mmmdugger1 gilshrine
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 10:54:10 PM »

You're a fucking moron.  Coheed & Cambria isn't Emo.

EDIT:  Yea, I posted.  I was taking a glance at some of the topics, and read this.  Couldn't help but reply.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 11:10:14 PM »

Quick, it's a fight about musical genres!

Exhumed >>> Mozart

Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 11:15:04 PM »

Quote from: "Gilga"
You're a fucking moron.  Coheed & Cambria isn't Emo.

EDIT:  Yea, I posted.  I was taking a glance at some of the topics, and read this.  Couldn't help but reply.

Wow excuse me fucko they are a progressive rock band. Big diff.

Murdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 11:18:29 PM »

Well I for one hate Coheed.

Also, who the fuck cares? Emo really isn't an established genre, so as of now, it's really up to opinion and specualtion as to what really fits under it. I would catagorize it as emo. That's me though, and it's pretty retarded to argue about differing opinions.

Edit: Everyone should clean the sand out of their vaginas and stop crying about being mislabled.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 11:24:52 PM »

Haha, Thanatos was banned cause he's Squallcloud.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 11:29:51 PM »

Poor Claudio and Geddy.  So many people love their bands (Coheed & Cambria and Rush respectively) until they open their mouths.  Both bands have great songwriting and deep lyrics, but a definite love it/hate it vocal style.  

From what I've heard, Claudio is less high-pitched on the newer material and Geddy can't screech in his old age (thank god, that screech in the Fly By Night album was grating).

I approve of this nonsense!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 11:32:58 PM »

I am the only fan of Geddy's really high vocals, I think.  :(

Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 12:00:18 AM »

I bought their album In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 in the summer of 2004, and I frickin' loved it. It was all I listened to at the time.

Since then I've forgotten about them and have yet to buy their new album.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: