Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2015, 08:55:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
351798 Posts in 14328 Topics by 2253 Members
Latest Member: Intero
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 450193 times)
OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4155 on: April 14, 2015, 02:23:08 PM »

Watched a ton of movies on my flight to and from South Korea recently. A few brief highlights:

Fury
Holy moley wasn't expecting the movie to be as graphic as it was. But ya.. WWII and tanks bad stuff is going to happen. I didn't like the Logan Lerman's character, Norman Ellison, at first but towards the end of the movie, the kid was a freaking war machine.

The Theory of Everything
So many feels with this movie. Amazing how some of the movie lines could be so short at times, but deeply profound.

The Imitation Game
Alan Turing... an instrumental figure in the creation of the modern day computer. Benedict did a fantastic job as well. He certainly has the acting chops of an A-list actor. One of favorite lines that didn't have anything to do with cryptography, but still awesome was this one:

"Alan Turing: Do you know why people like violence? It is because it feels good. Humans find violence deeply satisfying. But remove the satisfaction, and the act becomes... hollow."

Taken 3
Poor Liam Neeson. The guy just wants to enjoy retirement, but we all know he has a very particular set of skills. These particular set of skills make big bucks at the box office. Jokes aside... his family keeps getting thrown into danger. I believe this movie was confirmed to be the final film for Bryan Mills as the movie poster claims in big bold writing, "IT ENDS HERE." Anyway, decent ammo dump movie.

Exodus: Gods and Kings
Batman is Moses. Don't mess with this guy or you'll likely have to come to grips with God's wrath and the ten plagues that come with it. A bit of Hollywood trivia The Ten Commandments (1956) was 220 mins. Exodus (2014) was shorter... clocking in at 150 mins. I still liked Exodus. Ridley Scott makes awesome historic epics as well as great sci-fi.

Birdman
I liked the movie, but I don't understand all the hype. I tried going into it with an open mind, but I'm a little surprised it won best pic at the Oscars this year. Maybe I'm missing something or was trying to read to hard in between the lines.

Hungergames: Mocking Jay Part 1
TBH I was a little bored with this one. Katniss reluctantly addresses the issue to be the appointed the symbol of the rebellion and how they try to use her in creative montages to spread the message of rebellion. Like the previous movie the ending is abrupt and leaves me wanting to find out more. Maybe I just miss the game action aspect of the series in the previous films. I guess that's why it's a part one of a finale. Oh and finally RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman. His cameos on this film was brief as I don't know where they were in filming during his passing, but I'll miss his acting.

Playing: Theatrhythm (3DS) and Tales of Hearts R (Vita).
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4156 on: April 14, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »

Taken 3
Poor Liam Neeson. The guy just wants to enjoy retirement, but we all know he has a very particular set of skills. These particular set of skills make big bucks at the box office. Jokes aside... his family keeps getting thrown into danger. I believe this movie was confirmed to be the final film for Bryan Mills as the movie poster claims in big bold writing, "IT ENDS HERE." Anyway, decent ammo dump movie.

I can see the title for the next Taken movie. "Taken 4: You can keep them." Tag Line: Seriously, I'd have better luck with goddamn lemmings." (that or terrorists abduct his family's pet Lemmings and he has to go on a killing spree to get them back before they're made into fur coats).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
glassjawsh
insolent cur

I play games. You shut your mouth.

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4157 on: April 16, 2015, 09:57:19 PM »

Dear Harrison Ford,

For someone who has spent the last 20 years openly loathing anything or anyone that dares to mention Han Solo when you're around, you certainly couldn't reprise the roll fast enough once Disney backed up that truckload full of money in front of your house. Your presence in Ep VII basically forfeits your right to be a dickhead about it to fans for the rest of your life.

Deal with it you cranky old shit bag.

Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4158 on: April 16, 2015, 10:37:56 PM »

I could care less how big a tool an actor is, because their job is to make movies not swaddle new babes in arms.

That said, I'm pumped up.

Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4159 on: April 18, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »

my reaction to the trailer

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: