Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 10:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327554 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  New Batman.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New Batman.....  (Read 2396 times)
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2013, 04:01:24 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57599811/ben-affleck-to-play-batman-in-man-of-steel-sequel/ 
All i got say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 04:58:17 AM »

Well, he can't be any worse than George Clooney and his Bat Rubber Nipples. Fake Edit: Oh god dammit, nevermind. I forgot that he was Daredevil.

And speaking of, lol at Affleck for finally rectifying his lack of being a Batman in an effort to catch up to Clooney in that regard.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:58:08 AM »

I don't get what you guys are bitching about. Ben Affleck is a great actor. Yeah Daredevil sucked, that wasn't his fault by any means, the movie was just silly. How about movies like The Town? Or Argo? What about Pearl Harbor? Hell even his daredevil portrayal wasn't bad in itself. I look forward to at least seeing his future attempt at Bruce Wayne.

His wife can stay off the big screen, however. She was terrible as Electra.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 09:52:28 AM »

I was gonna ask: Why do we hate Ben Affleck?

EDIT:
http://i.imgur.com/r8Wnwq4.jpg
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:56:19 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:19:05 AM »

Sheeple... Bigots. Sheegots.

Granted, Affleck is not the best actor out there, but he's not bad, either. Hell of a director on top of it. I personally think he will do just fine here.  People are too quick to cast doom and gloom on things they don't immediately approve of. No actor could have saved the mess that was Daredevil...
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 11:40:47 AM »

My negative kneejerk reaction was the same as all of yours, but then I remember Dark Knight Rises.  I balked at the idea of Anne Hathaway playing Catwoman.  I saw her as breezy rom-com fluff who'd probably crumble under Bale's intensity.  My personal choice was Christina Ricci because she's edgier.  But, man, Anne Hathaway surprised the hell out of me and played Catwoman extremely well, probably due in large part to Christopher Nolan's skilled directing.   So here's hoping this turns out of be a pleasant surprise as well. 

Part of an actors performance hinges on a director.  A good director, like Nolan, can bring extra dimensions out of seemingly mediocre talent, as evidenced above by Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.  On the other hand, a director with a less skilled hand (i.e. George Lucas) can often bring out the worst in even the most skilled actors.  Natalie Portman is a kajillion times better than what she portrayed in Star Wars.  And even Hayden Christensen, yeah he wasn't very good in Star Wars but he was really good in other movies, like Shattered Glass. 

I approve of this nonsense!
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 12:07:40 PM »

My negative kneejerk reaction was the same as all of yours, but then I remember Dark Knight Rises.  I balked at the idea of Anne Hathaway playing Catwoman.  I saw her as breezy rom-com fluff who'd probably crumble under Bale's intensity.  My personal choice was Christina Ricci because she's edgier.  But, man, Anne Hathaway surprised the hell out of me and played Catwoman extremely well, probably due in large part to Christopher Nolan's skilled directing.

Agreed. I honestly wasn't sure what to expect, but like you, wifey and I were both pleasantly surprised by her performance. Very well done. 
Plus, the way she mounts the batcycle.... yeah.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 12:38:53 PM »

I never pictured Anne Hathaway to pull off catwoman like the comics. I expected her to be more like Adam West Batman's catwoman, basically eye candy and henchmen. Either way, skin tight leather and sultry poses worked wonders for my appreciation of her.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »

I thought she was okay, if on the dull side. I preferred Michelle Pfeiffer's batshit crazy Catwoman.

EDIT: Fuck Michelle Pfeiffer's name.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »

Part of an actors performance hinges on a director.  A good director, like Nolan, can bring extra dimensions out of seemingly mediocre talent, as evidenced above by Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.  On the other hand, a director with a less skilled hand (i.e. George Lucas) can often bring out the worst in even the most skilled actors.  Natalie Portman is a kajillion times better than what she portrayed in Star Wars.  And even Hayden Christensen, yeah he wasn't very good in Star Wars but he was really good in other movies, like Shattered Glass. 

Well, Nolan isn't directing this movie so don't get your hopes up.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »

Well, Nolan isn't directing this movie so don't get your hopes up.
Snyder is, and he did a good job with Cavill for Superman.

TASTY!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »

http://feedly.com/k/154UamM
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »

I thought Snyder did a great job on The Watchmen. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 06:59:43 PM »

Yeah, that is the core of the matter isn't it. Both Daredevil and Batman & Robin were terribly directed among other things and it showed.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 07:08:53 PM »

I thought Snyder did a great job on The Watchmen. 

The only Snyder movie I've ever liked was 300.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: