Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 12:18:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327543 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  New Batman.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New Batman.....  (Read 2389 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 09:55:00 PM »

Ha. That's just another way of saying "I'm too old for this shit".
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 10:56:55 PM »

You're probably right. :-D
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 12:41:00 AM »

I think he's a mediocre actor, but a pretty darn great director. This stupid batman gig will take time away from directing another film, and that's why it bothers me. Oh, well.
BTW, Snyder has been all over the place. he does visuals great, but suffers almost everywhere else. Lets not forget he made the abysmal Sucker Punch.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »

Ben Affleck is Batman in Man of Steel 2! -- JeremyJahns, YouTube

Hm. I agree with his point in that is difficult to see the character of Batman in Ben Affleck, I don't see that the dude has that thing to be the Batman. At least not right now...

Daredevil: Batman Voice (2)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 01:37:15 PM »

Ben Affleck is Batman in Man of Steel 2! -- JeremyJahns, YouTube

Hm. I agree with his point in that is difficult to see the character of Batman in Ben Affleck, I don't see that the dude has that thing to be the Batman. At least not right now...

Daredevil: Batman Voice (2)

There's a part in Dazed and Confused where he's telling people to fuck themselves that was very Batman-y. :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »

The problem with a lot of the kneejerk reaction going on is that the Nolan trilogy is extremely overrated. They're awesome movies but man if you express any negative opinion about them you're torn to pieces in some circles.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 08:00:05 PM »

The problem with a lot of the kneejerk reaction going on is that the Nolan trilogy is extremely overrated. They're awesome movies but man if you express any negative opinion about them you're torn to pieces in some circles.

Nolan's Batman is not over-rated when juxtaposed to other Batmen movies.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 10:11:52 PM »

Yeah but just about every super hero movie sucked back in the day. I'd rather watch the 89 batman any fucking day of the week.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 06:38:42 AM »

a new guy as batman is not a problem

a sequel to man of steel is
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 08:29:05 AM »

I disagree.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »

I disagree.

Pretty much. Batmans 89 and Returns are still fairly great movies in their own right. The Nolan Trilogy is only really good when you consider the source material having a different flavor to the usual, more comic book affair, that the mainline material is made out of.

It's like that episode of early 00's Animated Batman where you have the different kids tell their different interpretations of Batman to each other, one of which was 60's era, Adam West style, Batman where another went with Frank Miller's The Dark Knight, and the third went with "He's a Pterodactyl!", and all of them saw what they assumed they were going to see in Animated Batman when he finally shows up.

Actually, my beefs with Forever and Robin are that in the case of the former, they REALLY should've gotten somebody other than Jim Carrey to play The Riddler (if they really had to have Jim Carrey play a Batman villain he should've been a Joker or the Mad Hatter), and then not made the plot about that stupid brain-drain gizmo; and in the case of the latter, well they pretty much made it into 60's era Batman with gimmicky, one-liner Mr. Freeze and gimmicky Bane, as well as other stupid shit like having Robin drive his motorcycle through a wall, leaving a Batman crest shaped hole in his wake (and this was long before he ditched his Nightwing persona to become Batman mk2); or another way to look at it was that everything in regards to B&R was bad aside from Mr. Freeze's campy one-liners and Poison Ivy being appropriately hawt.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 12:49:02 AM »

At first  I was like "Ben?  Really?"  But I think I had that same reaction when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman and he ended up doing a great job.  So I will reserve judgment for now. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 12:42:28 AM »

Casey Affleck or Matt Damon as Robin? Kevin Smith as the Penguin?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »

Ben Affleck tells parenting stories, talks Batman -- latenight, YouTube
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: