Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 12:36:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338386 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGs and the horrible path they follow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: RPGs and the horrible path they follow  (Read 3006 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2014, 02:12:57 PM »

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Best reply in 9 pages right here! Annubis gets +1 ninja points.

But @ Damacon, I just want you to know I enjoyed your thread. I didn't/don't see you as a bad guy. Best of all (for me) it proved a fine opportunity to re-evaluate my own position on contemporary gaming and RPGs a bit. You keep saying your goal was to spawn some meaningful banter to some extent and I think to those ends you succeeded buddy. Lots o' good shhhhhtufff has been said here albeit not quite in the avenue or direction you may have intended.

Thus I give you Damacon +1 ninja points as well.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Damacon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2014, 02:20:44 PM »

Haha thanks dude do I get a extra ninja point for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oNuGxz_ykc
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2014, 06:23:46 PM »

Haha thanks dude do I get a extra ninja point for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oNuGxz_ykc

HAHAHA! Yea I'll totally doll out another +1 for that! Made me smile.

Shamed as I am to admit it though, I loved that game as a kid. NES games have escaped me in adulthood though. That is reaching back a little too far in the nostalgia closet for my taste. Not saying some titles haven't aged well but those palettes are crime to an artists eyes!!!

Now to hop drastically off topic for a moment. With the very recent release of the latest Turtles game, that brings the total of contemporary turtle games up to 3 and 1 (unavailable) re-boot that I am aware of. NONE OF WHICH I have played. There is something wrong with that. I think I need to be mindful to incorporate some Ninja Turtles in my life.

Last Turtles notation and then I'm done. In addition to being a fan of the abomination that is the NES title featured in that video, I am also a fan of the newest movie. Proving beyond all shadow of a doubt, that when it comes to certain things I am a sucker and far too easily pleased. This effectively de-values some of my earlier posts in this thread, further driving home the point that I may in fact love the things I love too much to be appropriately critical.

Good god, after this thread I realize I would never cut it as a game reviewer. All my reviews would turn in introverted self-examination of my own sensibility and capacity to be objective. I see all my reviews becoming incoherent journal-esque rants that typically end in "So I love it but you probably won't so don't take my word for it!!".

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Damacon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »

That was one of the few games that I barely beat even with game genie codes  and for the most part I loved it to because I grew up with ninja turtles still have all the toys lol. The other was battletoads even with 99 lives I could only get like half way through that game so sad.

But we are like Yin and Yang I can find fault in everything almost to the point I wonder if thats what I enjoy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: