Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2015, 04:52:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363451 Posts in 14726 Topics by 2302 Members
Latest Member: Eppie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New NIS announcements - Battle Princess Arcadia and Fencer Fairy F for NA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: New NIS announcements - Battle Princess Arcadia and Fencer Fairy F for NA  (Read 8310 times)
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2015, 06:56:37 PM »

I feel like Compile Heart and Idea Factory are making an effort to improve.  Agarest 2, Mugen Souls Z, and Fairy Fencer F were all surprisingly good.  The sequels addressed missteps from their predecessors and though not perfect, show steps in the right direction. 

The next Fairy Fencer F game seems promising: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2014/1994.html

I have nothing funny to say.
dagas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »

Yeah I have a Vita but I've not bought the remake. I might get it eventually but I have not finished victory yet despite being close to the end. How does rebirth compare to victory? My biggest problem with it is the dialogue that is aweful. There is the occasionall fun joke but most of the time it is just fluff. Characters talking about nothing and without any punch lines. And by the 10th time they joke about Plutia going crazy it is not as fun as the first time. I feel like I somehow like the characters though. I just wish they had better dialogue. Fairy fencer is by no means a Person a 4 or any other classic but it seems like a masterpiece in comparison.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2015, 10:31:39 PM »

I haven't played Victory, but the script was completely re-written for Re:Birth and it seemed a lot more charming than obnoxious compared to the original. There's still a lot of fluff, but most of it made me smile more often than cringe. I like that the localization team made some effort to rework the Japanese gaming references into stuff folks outside of Japan would get. The further breaking of the fourth wall (all the characters are aware they're going through a plot they've already gone through) makes it more enjoyable as well.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

Unlimited Insomniac Works

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »

Neptunia Rebirth releases on stream today.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: