Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 10:53:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341010 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  AURION : Legacy of the Kori-Odan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: AURION : Legacy of the Kori-Odan  (Read 2308 times)
fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »

Updated on the 15th November 2014

Official Cover Page of the Game Aurion.  The royal lance OF Enzo Kori-Odan "Urithi" (Center)

Enzo Kori-Odan, main hero of the game

NEW : there is the gameplay trailer
AURION FIGHTING GAMEPLAY TRAILER.

PS : sorry for english mistakes, I usually speak french.
Hi,
I want to present you an Action-RPG in development in Africa. The gameplay is like a Tales-of destiny during battles. We presented it there a while ago for our indiegogo campaign (anubis wanted to kill us), The campaign is over, we get funded (by our own equity crowdfunding process) but now we just want to share the evolution of the dev with core gamers and get your feedback and ideas about what we are making.

Let start by a little new presentation of the game

____________________Story  Pitch:

Enzo Kori-Odan, prince of Zama suffers a coup d'etat from his brother in-law on the day of his coronation. He decides to go round the world in order to acquire his warring legacy to retrieve his throne. He is exiled with his wife, Erine.

Erine Kori-Odan, Enzo's young spouse and heroine of the game  

In their quest, they will realize the existential and geopolitical dilemmas behind the putsch they have faced. Beyond the fact to reclaim their place as King and Queen, they must find the rights answers to ensure the destiny of Zama against the ideological conflicts of their world.

____________________What is The Aurion ?:
The Aurion is both a mystery and evidence on the planet Auriona. This energy appeared long ago, and it manifests itself in many ways in daily life (combat, crafts, etc.).

Example of an object using the energy of Aurion.  

Those who use it in combat can increase their strength and have access to unprecedented fighting techniques for a brief moment.
However, these techniques seem to "come from somewhere else." The Warriors hear voices of their ancestors in combat, so the fighting art of the Aurion is called Legacy.

The Aurion can be seen as a living form of energy which exists on another astral plan.

An Aurion comes from the sum of emotions and thoughts of one or more individuals, and can be completed in, progressively generations by generations of the same family. That is the concept of Legacy.

__________________________Gameplay (Gamer spirit Design !!) :

Our goal is to create an Action RPG in high definition  2D graphics. We are inspired by “tales of destiny” in the form but we will provide plenty of innovation and dynamism :

- Horizontal Exploration in beautiful scenery with possible vertical movement (as in the classic beat them all of Snes)

Walk, run
    Jump, wall jump, climb
    swim
    Feed your characters while respecting their culinary tastes to make them evolve faster.
    etc.

Some city sprites in the game  

We are inspired by “tales of destiny” in the form but we will provide plenty of innovation and dynamism :

Example of Enzo's movement in combat, much dynamism expected  
Epic and strategic Real-Time Fighting!!

Facing enemies with Enzo and the support of Erine
    Visual evolutive Combos !!
    Several allies to recruit during  your journey
    Gather your Legacy ,merge the Aurions,  to create new (22 aurionical transformations can be done !)
    Touching duels with immersive fighting dialogs.
    A new generation of events that will surpass the classic QTE: The Cognitives Battles Event

Discover many fighters  

Various combat styles  

-  Many great secondary activities !!
We are trying to create a new fantasy world based on the Kiro'o Tales, just check these

__________________________First screenshots and video ? :

There you can have a look of the 1st video released, it is a very early footage but you will have your fisrt walk on a Kiro'o World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euiuwW8UXBI

And there is some screenshots

If you like it, we will update the thread as a little devblog often. Thanks.

__________________________Business Gamers there ? :
If one of you has always wanted to be a shareholder of a studio, now you can just follow this link and get the basic infos http://kiroogames.com/en/kiro-o-business/become-shareholders.html.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:38:35 PM by fenryo » Logged

Gamer without fronteer.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 12:30:56 PM »

Thank you, I will make sure to never buy this game.
fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 12:37:41 PM »

My pleasure loool !
But I think it's because my half wolf head is more beautifull than your complete anubis head, I understand hahaha
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:08:23 PM by fenryo » Logged

Gamer without fronteer.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 04:20:40 PM »

The hell's wrong with you?
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »

I think it's lame when people make an account in here just to post their WE MADE A GAME - BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »

^Also that.

To be fair, it does look a lot like a flash game made for Newgrounds.

I mean it's cute and all, but it looks like a flash game. I think I'll wait for the site review before I'll bite on this one.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 04:53:16 PM »

I've never understood the hate that people trying to promote their game receive. He's not advertising a penis pump or an EA game, just a small RPG made by aspiring game makers from Cameroon (!!!!!!!!). I see no harm in this topic at all and I am actually delighted to know that the game making scene is becoming more and more international.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 05:04:50 PM »

I've never understood the hate that people trying to promote their game receive. He's not advertising a penis pump or an EA game, just a small RPG made by aspiring game makers from Cameroon (!!!!!!!!). I see no harm in this topic at all and I am actually delighted to know that the game making scene is becoming more and more international.

^This.

These kinds of games wouldn't get any exposure without doing stuff like this.  What's wrong with that?  It's not like these forums are being flooded with indie devs promoting their games.  It's still pretty rare, really.  If it was a big publisher doing this that would be another thing (though they don't have to, since somebody will probably make a thread about their game anyway...), but I actually appreciate seeing what smaller teams are working on and I probably never would even heard of this title otherwise.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 05:05:38 PM »

I think the hate stems from this being basically an ad. It's out there to just generate hits or downloads, something that doesnt truly add to this community. What would probably be more productive is to get in touch with the news editor for a gaming website (like our buddy Liz) and maybe see if they're willing to run a story or anything.

I am okay with ads on this website, but I want ads that support RPGFan. If we made posts like this okay, we'd be facing spam left and right.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »

I've never understood the hate that people trying to promote their game receive.

There's a difference between promoting and spamming forums.

This is the later:
http://www.rpgfrance.com/taverne-topic-15584-1-action-rpg-aurion-heritage-des-kori-odan-1er-rpg-african-fantasy-sur-indiegogo
http://www.total-gamer.com/forum/jeux-video-votre-projet-de-jeu/183-a-rpg-epique-aurion-l-heritage-des-kori-odan
http://www.rpg-maker.fr/index.php?page=forum&id=21225
http://www.journaldugeek.com/forum/topic/17320-le-1er-jeu-vid%C3%A9o-africain-sur-indiegogo/
http://www.forum-lepalaisdumaking.com/t2141-demo-dispo-a-rpg-kiro-o-tales-aurion
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-93-204877-1-0-1-0-a-rpg-aurion-l-heritage-des-kori-odan.htm
http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/82187-jeu-ind%C3%A9-A-RPG-%C3%A9pique-d-African-Fantasy-!!-AURION-l-H%C3%A9ritage-des-Kori-Odan
http://www.gamekult.com/forum/topic-a-rpg-epique-aurion-lheritage-des-kori-odan-733732n.html?p=20473520
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:19:41 PM by Annubis » Logged
fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 10:54:41 AM »

Thanks guys for the support.
sorry if I  answer with late I have 7 hours of difference.

The combat system will be like a tales of destiny (no turn by turn) but with a lot of innovations as you see in the pictures (we keep the best secret for now). The strategic parts of the combat will be in real time, and the "timing" you will feel to do counterattack or call allies for exemple.

Anubis I understand you, in fact you are my "karma" there hahaha. But I am not spamming forum. I am a gamer and I want to create a masterpiece of RPG since 10 years. So, sorry but I want to spread word about it where There is people like me.

I don't want people to "buy it" only. I am there to exchanges with gamers of A-RPG, to have their feedback about the game and then to see if what I want to make will be good for them.
So there is a link for you anubis like you are sherlock there you have also to show this "spam" of me since 10 years on jeuxvideo.com (hope your navigators can translate this for you)
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-31-8247500-1-0-1-0-0.htm
You will see how since 10 years I work on this game or if  I "spam" forums.

Gamer without fronteer.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 05:09:50 AM »

Dear god there's like no sense of depth to the backgrounds whatsoever.

fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »

Dear god there's like no sense of depth to the backgrounds whatsoever.

Sorry I have forgot to complete the pitch. Now it must be more clear.

To be fair, it does look a lot like a flash game made for Newgrounds.
In fact the game will be done on XNA and in High definition graphics. The other thing you should know is that we have made these pictures with very old equipment and no graphic tablet, so that's why the quality is at 40% of what we will make if we get funded.

I am a little bit sad that Anubis started the discussion in the wrong way, because now we are not talking really about the potential of the game, but more about spam or not spam, etc.

There is a french Forum of RPG Fan where I am explaining the game, they have others link of others forums but they are not "angry" because of that... http://www.rpgfrance.com/taverne-topic-15584-1-action-rpg-aurion-heritage-des-kori-odan-1er-rpg-african-fantasy-sur-indiegogo

Gamer without fronteer.
fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »

Hum I am really surprised that american players considers it at a flash games.

We haven't predicted that, but we will surely kill that effect in the final graphics.
Our investment has evolved too, so we updated the crowdfunding campaign with a faq you will like to more understand the current state.

Gamer without fronteer.
fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 04:49:37 PM »

One last thing,
I just want to precise that these screenshots were made in  3 weeks of work with a team where everyones gets 3€ (5$) /day and they were working 12h, it was just enough for 2 sandwiches and a cab.
The goal of this post is not to get your pity, we knows that every indie studios works hard in often worst conditions (team meat, nimble studio).
I just want you to understand that we just wanted to demonstrate our potential already. And to clarify why this is at 40% of what we will do, so judge it on this base.
You can also check this video with our story and the logic of our project. You will see previous gaming  version in the background
Hope this will help you to understand us very well and give us a constructive feedback (question about the game we will make, your ideas of what you will expect in such a game, etc).
and also we have updated the indiegogo campaign with a FAQ and a better explanation of the budget now that the investment are evolving faster (you will see a link there to verify). thanks.

Gamer without fronteer.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: