Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 10:33:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331938 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Bring back RPGBoards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Bring back RPGBoards  (Read 4425 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 09:49:34 PM »

tons of drama

God, who can forget the backlash when Kyle Miller turned into an alicorn princess?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 12:25:41 AM »

Everything was better in the 90s. Even message boards where you could only view one post at a time and that post had auto play midis embedded in it.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 12:33:57 AM »

MMO sure were better back then =/
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »

I think a fair few of us oldheads had name changes over the years.  And somehow, a fair number of us actually stuck around.  I first posted at RPGFan back in October 1999, and have been here ever since through multiple boardwipes (even a stint where Parn hosted the boards on his server), tons of drama, tons of staff turnover, lots of name changes, some epic moments, and some genuinely memorable characters.  Best soap opera ever!

I'm glad I got to meet a bunch of RPGFan people, some of whom I consider as close friends. 

It's hard to believe that I've been posting at RPGFan for about 14 years and come November 2014 I'll have been on staff for 10. 

I have been here about as long and refuse to change my name. I miss being an observer and news reporter of the flame wars. Back when Nicole was a big bitch. Hilarious and rightfully so in some circumstances, but you can't deny her bitchiness ;-)

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 12:48:44 AM »

Everything was better in the 90s. Even message boards where you could only view one post at a time and that post had auto play midis embedded in it.

REMEMBER WHEN MORE OF THE BEETLES WEREN'T DEAD AND ALSO MICHEAL JACKSON?????

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 07:07:13 AM »

Dagg- Ahh, Sumire.  She was quite a character.  I don't think there's anyone who escaped her vitriol.  Even I got yelled at by her for something or the other.  

EDIT: And who remembers Seifer^Almasy/ Takumi^Fujiwara?  That dude was a character, too.  Total gearhead.  I think he and Rob/Bahamut (ex-staffer) would have gotten on quite well. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:55:12 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 08:10:49 AM »

I think we need a Keith Macross special!

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »

Parn... ran synbios.net?

Yep, and shut it down months ago for good.  Sega hates free publicity, you see.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 09:22:26 PM »

Parn... ran synbios.net?

Yep, and shut it down months ago for good.  Sega hates free publicity, you see.

Sorry to hear that, and surprised it stayed around so long. I'm fairly sure when I got my copy of SFIII I was searching the internets and found your site, which led me here. Back in the days when Gamefaqs was just being born and my biggest source for most gaming help had been phantasy-star.net.

We're getting old. o_O
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 01:49:43 AM »

I imported all of the SF3s back in May. I should get back to playing them.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 11:48:37 AM »

I'm still techically around! I...just don't post much anymore. Also, I'm not really all that important! I'm just old. :|

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 12:34:12 PM »

We're all old.  It's kinda hard to believe, though.  I remember back when I first started posting in '99, I thought I was one of the "old guys" and I was only 21.  Yeah, those of us old-heads who were fresh-faced teenagers back then are either in our 30s or close to it.  I'm not even the oldest on staff, which is interesting. 

Perhaps a parallel could be drawn to Persona 2: Innocent Sin vs. Eternal Punishment.  In Innocent Sin, Maya was the oldest.  Yet in Eternal Punishment, she was almost the youngest. 

Well, I still think back to what a friend of mine said on my 34th birthday last year: "Neal, you're not 34.  You're 8!" 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 12:49:34 PM »

Haha, I was thinking about Eternal Punishment just now! I used to have a tiny crush on Katsuya back when I played that game as teen...

Yep, I'm old too.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »

I'm still techically around! I...just don't post much anymore. Also, I'm not really all that important! I'm just old. :|

Lucca's alive too!

It will be a strange day when we have to start the RPGfan retirement home... but on the other hand, it will be a badass and fun place. I'm imagining plenty of turn-based goodness, since what twitch reflexes we have will be gone; the biggest TVs we can get to soothe our old eyes; lots of pizza/chinese delivery because fuck old people food; and tons of prescription medication because we're old.

Hell, that sounds great. We should get started on this.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 06:15:27 PM »

Eff prescriptions.  I'll just get stuff from Dice's herbalist (assuming s/he's still alive too.)  What's the worst that's going to happen?  Jail for life?  When I'm that old, life will probably be less than a year and what the hell damage can I do when I'm old, zooted, and just playing vidya games in front of the TV?  

Oh, and there had better be plenty of craft beer in this RPGFan retirement home too.  Life's too short to drink swill.  I request good cognac too.  I know it's an "old people" drink, but that stuff is good!  And when I'm actually old, I can drink it without people saying, "what are you, sixty?"  Alize's good stuff. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:18:42 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: