Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 03:36:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340854 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Bring back RPGBoards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Bring back RPGBoards  (Read 5233 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »

I discovered RPGfan when I was 17 now im 18!!! DAMNNNNNNNNN im so old.
Man, I didn't realize you were so young. Being schooled by a youngster.
Damn kids! Off my lawn!

Hey old geezer, watch your tongue or Ill break your windows with my baseball ball :D

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2014, 01:23:51 PM »

Hey old geezer, watch your tongue or Ill break your windows with my baseball ball :D

Anything but the baseball BALL!
=D
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »

He was trying to appeal to your american ways and you mock him. tut.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »

I was looking at that thinking he meant to write baseball BAT. Baseball ball? Was that on purpose? Funny.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2014, 07:19:30 PM »

I was looking at that thinking he meant to write baseball BAT. Baseball ball? Was that on purpose? Funny.

Yes, of course it was on purpose. Im not a native speaker, Baseball is the sport, so I thought to refer to the ball, you would say baseball ball. I was also touching on that movie trope where kids always break the neighbours windows while playing baseball.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2014, 07:31:41 PM »

Yes, of course it was on purpose. Im not a native speaker, Baseball is the sport, so I thought to refer to the ball, you would say baseball ball. I was also touching on that movie trope where kids always break the neighbours windows while playing baseball.
No, we just refer to it as a base ball.
Neighbor.
;-)

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 12:47:01 PM »

I don't think I ever posted on RPGBoards, but I joined RPGFan around 2002, which is crazy to think about now that I'm married and have a career and all that adult crap.

I was 15 when I first stumbled on RPGFan. I'm 29 now. That's crazy.

Now I feel old, thanks Nallo.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2014, 02:15:02 PM »

Like I said earlier, we're all old. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Phoenix`s Zen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2014, 01:04:40 AM »

Hah.  I had a random itch to browse the forums today, so I decided to register a nick. 

I used to post as Phoenix's Rage from around the 1997 towards 2004 period.  RPGfan was the one website that didn't circle jerk over Final Fantasy, and had great coverage of the niche titles. I also really miss those RPGBoard days.  I was very active in the IRC chat as well.  Heh, I remember someone made a cool fan-art of all the regulars.

Some time around the mid-2000's, the board was wiped and someone took my username and posed as me.  I had been inactive for a few years, so I had no idea. I contacted Hidoshi (?) the board admin, but he gave me a huge attitude. In addition, a) I didn't recognize the user-base anymore; b) I was busy with "real-life"; c) and the internet had evolved to a point where RPGFan wasn't as unique of a place anymore in my heart.  It's great to see some old names are still around!

Dagg- Ahh, Sumire.  She was quite a character.  I don't think there's anyone who escaped her vitriol.  Even I got yelled at by her for something or the other.  

EDIT: And who remembers Seifer^Almasy/ Takumi^Fujiwara?  That dude was a character, too.  Total gearhead.  I think he and Rob/Bahamut (ex-staffer) would have gotten on quite well. 

Hah.  Seifer was a very immature kid. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the guy posing as me.  I remember there was also one guy in the chat that was a complete Falcom fanboy and dealt pirated games.  I remember Titania too.  I think her schitck was that she was a girl and acted cute in chat?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2014, 03:03:13 AM »

I remember there was also one guy in the chat that was a complete Falcom fanboy and dealt pirated games.

That would be Kadamose.  He was the guy who first hacked LunarNet back before it became RPGFan, IIRC.

It's crazy thinking how that was about half my lifetime ago.  I was a weird kid back then.

Titania was... different.  She kind of disappeared entirely after exposing her blatant plagiarism.  Wonder if she still hates my guts to this day.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »

Nallo made the fan art of all of us staffers. I was ForeverZero/Schala/kanariya/I forget what else back then.

Titania was interesting. She met a guy in another IRC and kinda disappeared after that. We had a weird acquaintance-ship. She'd act like my BFF one day and totally aloof the next. The cute girl schtick was definitely much.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2014, 04:48:19 PM »

PR's back!  Family reunion!

Phoenix`s Zen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »

Anyone know if the fanart that Nallo drew is still up somewhere?  Wonder how many old names I can still remember...

PR's back!  Family reunion!

Hah. Not quite. Don't have my old name! Someone delete it so I can have it back! Although I suppose at my "old" age, I'm much more chilled than where I was as a kid. I remember I used to get into random arguments on the boards for no good reason.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2014, 07:37:05 PM »

A lot of us don't have our old names.  Like I said earlier, Kefka is now Raze, I've long since abandoned dezo penguin/dezo/Blademaster Dezo, Dice used to be Terra, GrimReality used to be LordOfShadows, I remember back when kyuusei was FZ or Schala and Mike was Chronologist, John was KeeperX,

We've evolved like pokeymans, man!

And eff it, we ARE old.  I ain't in denial about my age any more.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: