Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2016, 10:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
246775 Posts in 7387 Topics by 2383 Members
Latest Member: xxkinsmanxx
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  General Games
| | |-+  Zelda Musou
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Zelda Musou  (Read 27092 times)
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

^ Idiot

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2016, 08:01:01 PM »

I'm happy the more obscure titles are getting some love.  Sadly little Capcom representing (Oracle/Minnish) but that might be another issue to deal with, or the old man from the first game which would honestly be the biggest wild card they could do just about anything with.

I'm sorta bummed Agitha from Twilight Proncess got in the game since she's an awful fighter.  Would have rather seen the depressed-looking Yeti Hunter or Skyward Harry Potter.

Character wise, meh, whatever, doubt my picks will get picked now.  But I'm definitely curious to see the levels instead now. :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2016, 08:24:10 AM »

I'm still unsure as to what to do with this series, one because I have other games I'm playing right now, two because I already played Dynasty Warriors, and three because I'm not sure whether I'd want the 3DS version or Wii U version, all things considered.

So mostly I just settle for watching this incredible GMV over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xcDGFy9KrM

I think because I legitimately enjoyed Dynasty Warriors I may just get to at some point... still wouldn't solve the system issue, my understanding is that you get the most benefit if you get both the 3DS and Wii U version (and then link them or something)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 08:27:46 AM by Artimicia » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2016, 05:20:39 PM »

I'm still unsure as to what to do with this series, one because I have other games I'm playing right now, two because I already played Dynasty Warriors, and three because I'm not sure whether I'd want the 3DS version or Wii U version, all things considered.

I think because I legitimately enjoyed Dynasty Warriors I may just get to at some point... still wouldn't solve the system issue, my understanding is that you get the most benefit if you get both the 3DS and Wii U version (and then link them or something)

Hyrule Warriors is a very well made Dynasty Warriors game (I'd probably easily put it in the top 3 and I am having a hard time thinking of better ones), so if you enjoy Dynasty Warriors you should enjoy it.

As for version, 3DS is a better value per character as it includes all the characters from the WiiU version including DLC characters plus some new ones. You can get all the new ones in the WiiU version if you buy the 3DS version as it includes a DLC code for the new ones, but I don't think there will be a stand alone version of that DLC (although you will probably be able to ebay the code). Additionally, I do not know if the 3DS version includes everything from the WiiU version.

I think the best way to look at it is probably 3DS=more content per dollar, WiiU=larger screen (and possibly better playing experience as a result).
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »

Hyrule Warriors is a very well made Dynasty Warriors game (I'd probably easily put it in the top 3 and I am having a hard time thinking of better ones), so if you enjoy Dynasty Warriors you should enjoy it.

As for version, 3DS is a better value per character as it includes all the characters from the WiiU version including DLC characters plus some new ones. You can get all the new ones in the WiiU version if you buy the 3DS version as it includes a DLC code for the new ones, but I don't think there will be a stand alone version of that DLC (although you will probably be able to ebay the code). Additionally, I do not know if the 3DS version includes everything from the WiiU version.

I think the best way to look at it is probably 3DS=more content per dollar, WiiU=larger screen (and possibly better playing experience as a result).

Hm, thanks for the response! I think maybe either could be good then ultimately, the fact that it's a really good Dynasty Warriors has me intrigued (as I've seen now elsewhere in this thread). I think actually the biggest barrier is to make sure I can finish the other games first, I started some older ones and have been moving onto newer ones in recent times.
Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2016, 09:41:58 PM »

Link's Awakening DLC Character is Marin. No idea if her weapon was revealed or not. Find it a slightly odd choice, but then who else from LA are you going to use? (You know, besides the list of suggestions Aeolus posted on the previous page... oops.)

Actually, now that I think about Aelous' list a bit more, if Nintendo wanted to do things right then the DLC *weapon* should be Bow Wow.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:56:56 PM by Klutz64 » Logged

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2016, 07:22:54 AM »

Link's Awakening DLC Character is Marin. No idea if her weapon was revealed or not. Find it a slightly odd choice, but then who else from LA are you going to use? (You know, besides the list of suggestions Aeolus posted on the previous page... oops.)

Actually, now that I think about Aelous' list a bit more, if Nintendo wanted to do things right then the DLC *weapon* should be Bow Wow.
But Bow Wow is already a weapon in the game...

Edit: Also really glad that they are going with red head Marin. Her Smash trophies have her a blonde and she really doesn't look as good. *prepares to be disappointed when she ends up not looking like the artwork*
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:36:49 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2016, 08:14:48 AM »

I know this was posted a long time ago... but....

That dress is SO CUTE!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2016, 04:23:52 PM »

But Bow Wow is already a weapon in the game...

Edit: Also really glad that they are going with red head Marin. Her Smash trophies have her a blonde and she really doesn't look as good. *prepares to be disappointed when she ends up not looking like the artwork*

To be fair to Smash Marin. That was modeled in at the last minute since she didn't have a preexisting 3D model by the time SSB:Melee came about (and I don't recall her even having a trophy in either Brawl or For).

HW:Legends is honestly the first time Marin's received a proper 3D render.

I'm still hoping that she'll have some kind of Crazy Game inspired ability, though its not looking likely at this point.

Prediction Edit:

So locking it in, my best guesses are:
LA: Marin (armed with Siren's Instruments) + Boomerang for Linkle
PH/ST: Linebeck (armed with his steamboat/what-his-face's train) + Grappling Hook for Toon Link
LBW: Ravio (armed with a Sack of Rupees and more Zelda series items like the Ice Rod and/or Pegasus Boots) and Yuga (armed with his Rainbow Paintbrush/Final Boss Altmode).

So the rest of the DLC characters got leaked and while LBW's reps will be Ravio and Yuga, PH/ST ended up being Toon Zelda instead (wut?). I'm guessing her weapon's gonna be based upon her Phantom.

Also, the Koholint Island map is looking to be Legends definitive grinding map as most of the map items provide various buffs and last for several battles. Here's the list:
 Full Moon Cello fills the Special Attack gauge
 Conch Horn increases your defense
 Sea Lily Bell fills the magic gauge
 Surf Harp increases EXP gain
 Wind Marimba increases Rupee gain
 Coral Triangle increases the drop rate for food
 Organ of Evening Calm (what) increases the drop rate for materials
 Thunder Drum increases the drop rate for weapons
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 01:09:37 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: