Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:52:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334801 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros. Namdai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Namdai  (Read 14306 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2014, 10:55:33 PM »

Why am I not surprised that there would be more challenges. Just like KI:U.  -_-

Kinda why I said it was inferior (though I agree, Brawl in the scheme of things was just not up to Melee's level, despite all the extra bells and whistles).  Yeah, I'm booted off or experience at least SOME problems for about every one in five matches.  One we were 7 seconds from wrapping up before the server just said 'fuckit'.

And yeah I miss those too.  Kinda sad we got a few other modes, that sticker-status thing?  Eh.  I don't really care much for those giant platformer stages. 

I also miss custom levels, just for a few designs I feel are really missing (one popular one we played a lot was the U-shaped arena).

Who do you main as anyways?

Started with Link, Fox and Captain Falcon back in the N64 days. Then Fox strapped a Landmaster to himself and I ditched him for a bit of Peach, Zelda and Marth, as well as continuing with Link and C. Falcon as well as their clones Young Link and Ganondorf. Then Brawl hit and I basically dropped most of my guys due to tripping issues (either because they were speedy types who had lots of chances to fuck up or slow bruisers who can't afford to miss even a step), but I persisted with Toon Link, Zelda (despite tripping sucking for Shiek), Marth (who became my goto guy for unlocking everything in that game because Counter was sooo good at cheesing those Boss Rush bosses), Yoshi (for his Egg Roll + Toss and aerial game), and while I really really wanted to make Zero Suit Samus a main, something about needing to Final Smash or input a code everytime you wanted to play as her kinda didn't make that happen (not to mention that the whole point of ZSS was that she was Samus' penalty for dropping a Final Smash).

Honestly, I come and go on characters all the time in regards to Smash Bros. From Mario to Brawl era Olimar and from Mewtwo to Pkmn Trainer (I liked his Ivysaur dammit), I've played them all (well excepting the newbies from For I haven't gotten to yet), up to and including Pichu.

But yeah, Link's my original main and thus my first goto guy (although I won't hesitate to change it up if the situation calls for it or just go Random).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »

My girlfriend and I have been going through Subspace Emissary in Brawl this past week. I'm finally getting her to play the game after introducing her to the adventure mode. I'm really crossing my fingers that SOME kind of adventure mode (I don't care about the story, really) makes it into the WiiU version. Someday I hope to get a WiiU and smash, but since moving to a new state and having very few friends (and none who game), I really have no one to play with. Thankfully, Nintendo's been incredibly quiet about what kind of adventure mode will be on the Wii U version... we know it won't be Smash Run (which seems pointless for a console version), so I'm really hoping that it's something like Subspace Emissary, but without the fancy cutscenes and maybe less of a story, which I'm totally fine with.

I just hope they have SOME coop multiplayer, or else I'll not have much incentive to play the game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:00:04 PM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2014, 11:12:08 PM »

I just hope they have SOME coop multiplayer, or else I'll not have much incentive to play the game.

T-team battle?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2014, 06:53:19 PM »

Holy shit, Last Story representing itself (with Fatal Frame twins??)!

Apparent stage builder (yay) and game board mode for Wii U version might have been leaked as well.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2014, 08:32:01 PM »

And yet still no FE 4 or 5 reppage outside of maybe a *nudge* *wink* pallet for Marth (I mean, even FE 2, the black sheep of the series is referenced through a music track).

But getting back to that image, it makes me wonder if they'll have trophies for Fatal Frames 4 and 5 as well (and more for Xenoblade beyond two for Shulk and one for Riki & Dunban)?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2014, 05:48:39 PM »

And yet still no FE 4 or 5 reppage outside of maybe a *nudge* *wink* pallet for Marth (I mean, even FE 2, the black sheep of the series is referenced through a music track).

But getting back to that image, it makes me wonder if they'll have trophies for Fatal Frames 4 and 5 as well (and more for Xenoblade beyond two for Shulk and one for Riki & Dunban)?

I also hope for better trophy zoom in.  The fact each console these games go on only has better graphics, I'm surprised Melee has been the only one that can let you zoom in as far as a full iris on screen.

Anyways, Nintendo Mag's 2012 guesses for who would be in Smash.  Some are "lol no", some were right, and as someone else pointed out, Travis is a near-hit for Shulk.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2014, 12:11:34 AM »

Probably because you could easily zoom in enough in Melee to gaze upon Peach's Mushroom Kingdom or Zelda's Family Treasure. Also because the sheer number of trophies have increased as the series goes on (and other series go on, further increasing the number of games and characters/items/locations/whatever to cover), as well as the possibility for errors (like Daisy's third eye) or stuff they don't want to have to guess at or render in case someone decides to get curious and tries to look (like the buttons down Zelda's shirt of her OoT costume).

Also, that character prediction list is fake. There's no Goku or Ridley, and in a magazine? Really!? Come on!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2014, 01:22:32 PM »

Probably because you could easily zoom in enough in Melee to gaze upon Peach's Mushroom Kingdom or Zelda's Family Treasure. Also because the sheer number of trophies have increased as the series goes on (and other series go on, further increasing the number of games and characters/items/locations/whatever to cover), as well as the possibility for errors (like Daisy's third eye) or stuff they don't want to have to guess at or render in case someone decides to get curious and tries to look (like the buttons down Zelda's shirt of her OoT costume).

Also, that character prediction list is fake. There's no Goku or Ridley, and in a magazine? Really!? Come on!

Ew Goku, really?? haha.  It'd be interesting I guess, but feels to easy and almost overdone by the time of the massive collection of the Dragonball fighting games.  For some reason I suspect he'd be the nosiest player, but ultimately not a bad choice.
For whatever reason, I never thought Ridley *would* be included.  Maybe he's just too big for it, or maybe we'll still get the surprise one day.  If anything, since the game loves its clones, I thought we'd get one of the hacks from Other M before Ridley. :P

The Tales fans really wanted to see a Tales character.  Even despite being one myself, same thing, I never saw it happening (and I think Pac Man is more..."Smash-y").

Zelda's family treasure and Peach's mushroom kingdom had me giggle. x)
I did like that Kid Icarus was pretty smart about pervy leering; you can't look upskirt on (what I remember) Palutena and the Little Girl (which wasn't so bad with the former, but definitely gross if you could do the latter).

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2014, 08:24:05 PM »

So the Nintendo Direct has come and gone with its 50 54? 55? 50-ish things about Smash Bros For. and HOLY FUCK is that a goddamn mess of stuffs.

So roughly speaking you have
- ANNOUNCEMENTS! being made by ANNOUNCER GUY!! ANNOUNCING!!! ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!!, which will be posted once this post has been completed. ANNOUNCERIFFIC!!!!!
- Up to 8-player matches (though you are limited on which stages you can choose for the obvious reason of being too fucking small).
- Kirby Super Star's Great Cave Offensive is now a stage.
- DK's Jungle Hijinx have multiple planes to fight on (i.e. there are platforms in the background that you can launch yourself between using barrels).
- There's a Wrecking Crew stage and a Miiverse stage.
- Palutena's Temple has taken up the "series NPCs comment on current fighters when series representative does a down taunt" mantle from Solid Snake's Brawl Stage.
- Gaur Plain in the Wii U version has more platforms around the bottom edges and Metal Face shows up during the night as a stage hazard.
- Ridley is about as close to a playable character as possible since he's an NPC like the Flying Men in Ness's 3DS stage Magicant that can be recruited to aid a player (only you have to beat him up a bit first). He can also be turned into Meta Ridley or defeated for a KO point (even by the player that recruits him).
- Coin and Stamina Battles are back.
- So is having to collect all those damn Music CDs again (at least stages have multiple tracks per stage again). -_-;
- Challenges are roughly the same as before but there are a couple more than before.
- Classic Mode has you fighting through a stack of characters repeatedly under certain conditions. It's probably very close to what's already in the 3DS version but NPC rivals and events can happen and you can play with a second player to speed up getting Trophies.
- All Star is in reverse order.
- Event Mode is back baby. Hellyeah!
- Smash Run is replaced by Smash Tour, which basically involves playing a board game with your MiiFighters and collecting powerups, items, trophies, loot, and fighters to use in battle.
- Stadium Events finally have multiplayer support. It should make stuff like Cruel Smash easier.
- Special Orders consist of Master Orders and Crazy Orders. Master Orders give you a single chance to clear a challenge for a reward, while Crazy Orders offer increasing rewards for completing a series of challenges ala All Star, but to cash in you have to battle Crazy Hand at the end.
- Master Core has a fifth form called Master Fortress (the others are called Master Shadow, Master Edges, Master Beast and Master Giant).
- Custom Characters can be transfered to the Wii U.
- You can do a lot more with Trophies.
- Masterpieces are back. Earthbound included this time.
- Amiibos can be fed extra equipment for extra stats. Blah blah.
- Tournies are back, local and online. (Or will be once its finished.)
- You can edit photos with the Wii U gamepad. Expect lots of dongs and tits.
- There's a limited chat feature but only pre and post battle.
- Stage Builder is back. Expect lots of stages shaped like dongs and tits.
- Online sharing, blah blah blah.
- Bowser Jr. announced. Also announcement videos for the new characters can be viewed in game. Also also Koopa Kids unofficially announced. Also also first DLC character Mewtwo announced (which you can get for free if you get both games; under construction).

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2014, 08:54:18 PM »

Aeo... we MUST BE SMASH BUDDIES.  MMM'KAY?

Except: Most online shared content will get shut down because of dongs and tits.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: