Author Topic: Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2015, 08:04:23 PM »
Cool, a model from a game from nearly 20 years ago looks terrible, how is that relevant again?

Also the funny thing is that Legend still manages to look better than MN9 in terms of charm because it captures their art style well. MN9's problem isn't that the 3d models are bad, because stuff like Legends and Megaman Powered Up had bad models too but they both captured their art well.

ZeronHitaro

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »
Because apparently it felt relevant at the time to be a snarky dill weed. In hindsight I haven't the foggiest why that was even remotely a good idea.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2015, 11:08:01 AM »
Don't worry too much about it, I take things too seriously when I start writing tl;dr posts

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2015, 04:12:45 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/comcept-studio-4c-teases-red-ash-reveal-coming-july-4

In a similar vein to Mighty No. 9, Re-Dash Red Ash is looking Mega Legendary, man.

Featuring the many adventures of an Earth Mover named Super Guy Walnut, his adopted sister/team mechanic Tumble, and their uncle Fillet Mignonne as they explore the ruins of a world coated by limitless H2O, while competing/battling against a family of Air Privateers and saving the day from the ancient forces of the Slayerdroids and trying to find the fabled Fathercashe.

Hopefully their adventures won't abruptly end when Super Guy Walnut gets stuck on a planetary satellite fort while waiting for Tumble and Air Privateer's Team Mechanic/Resident Girl Genius/Tsundere Love Interest Turkey Mignonne try to work out a way to get their Brother/Love Interest down from the Planetary Satellite so that he can deal with the impending Slayerdroid uprising.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2015, 04:32:53 PM »
Eh. The big reason I was interested in Legends 3 was to see an end to the story. I always thought Lost Planet was a lot like what a modern Megaman Legends would play like.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2015, 06:37:41 PM »
More like Red Ass amirite?!
...I'll show myself the door...

But seriously, I'm kinda interested, and yet like Hathen, I just wanted that cliffhanger resolved, no matter what. Even a not-good game would've been better than being left hanging. The gameplay in the first two Legends games were good, but not great, and I'm not sure if I trust Keiji Inafune and his team to actually refine the elements of those games while still making a game that stands on its own.

That and I think Solatorobo was kind of what I wanted MM Legends to be, anyways, so wake me when news of Solatorobo 2 appears...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2015, 08:10:09 PM »
Tail Concerto and Solatorobo were both really fun games.
You can brag about your 5000+ friends on social media all you want, but riddle me this: how many of them would help you move?

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »
I enjoyed the first MML well enough, but the second was a 'rent and beat in one sitting' type of affair for me and like 99.999999999999% of the world's population, I never got a chance to play Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

To me, MML was effectively what N64's Metroid game would've been like had such a thing ever existed (just with more caves/dungeons and less hospital donations, fishing through trash cans for weapon parts and kicking cans over bakery counters). So this is kind of a just 'whatever' sort of thing for me at this point.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2015, 11:06:57 PM »
I enjoyed the first MML well enough, but the second was a 'rent and beat in one sitting' type of affair for me and like 99.999999999999% of the world's population, I never got a chance to play Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

To me, MML was effectively what N64's Metroid game would've been like had such a thing ever existed (just with more caves/dungeons and less hospital donations, fishing through trash cans for weapon parts and kicking cans over bakery counters). So this is kind of a just 'whatever' sort of thing for me at this point.

I almost feel privledged to have got it... the title drew me in, it was funny.

I love MML for being the weird fucking RPG-meets-megaman I've always wanted since I suck/don't have the patience for real megaman games.  I liked jumping around that stupid town and blowing shit up.  The story made barely any sense (i'm looking at MML2 more here).

Anyways... has no one mentioned how that chick is like..."Old-school Capcom Black" (ie; GREY)?

I'd probably be more in for this than MN9 funny enough...even though the Red Ash cast kinda looks like a knock-off of Megaman Legends...hah.  Good to see Inafune giving us a successor to look forward to.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:11:46 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2015, 11:18:12 PM »
That girl looking really weird was something I noticed. I honestly can't tell if she's supposed to be black, white except covered with dust, or she's grey because she's a robot or something. The blue eyes and blonde hair are what throw me off I guess. Also, whoever did that coloring job got really lazy apparently because it looks like they just used a gradient fill-in for her face.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2015, 11:56:42 PM »
Honestly, I tried not to look at her when I first saw the pictures...but yeah, she is weird looking...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2015, 02:16:40 AM »
All I noticed was that her hair is literally Roll's hair under a different hat.

That and not-Megaman Volnutt's robotic arm being the same arm that all of actual-Megaman Volnutt's subweapons replaced.

Frankly, I'm honestly surprised that not-Megaman Volnutt here doesn't have long blonde hair and something resembling boob lights on top of his red color scheme.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2015, 07:46:42 AM »
Of course she's supposed to be black.  Just look at how big her lips are.

No, seriously, for some reason Japanese people have this stereotype that black people have enormous lips.  I don't really get it but you see it all the time there.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »

...what lips? They're just a thin line like the rest of them...

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2015, 12:57:57 PM »

No, seriously, for some reason Japanese people have this stereotype that black people have enormous lips.  I don't really get it but you see it all the time there.

Black people seem to have amazing and fuller lips; I think more problematic is when they go full Mr. Popo (DBZ) or Jynx (Pkmn.) looking like Little Black Sambo (or whatever can be said about the 'cockroaches' in Terra Formars).

Cultural depictions in Japan...aren't...always the best for their considerate portrayals.

Ah well, at least Pokemon's gotten a lot better with their depictions (certainly by including them more).

Having full lips or not, I can't even say Not-Roll looks black..or white...or tan...I don't know WHAT she is besides a conscious attempt to avoid looking like MML Roll while conjuring it at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:48:25 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!