Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:28:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.  (Read 10325 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2013, 06:08:28 PM »

If it's a question of priority then their priorities are backwards.  Keep in mind that the game isn't supposed to be delivered until April 2015...and that's if it's on time (How many overfunded Kickstarter projects have actually been on time?  All those stretch goals typically require extra time, not just money.).  So why is it that there's a $1.1 million gap between PS3/360 and PS4/XB1?  By the time this game actually comes out the PS3 and 360 are going to be old hat.  And it's certainly not the difficulty of porting, since the next gen uses a PC-like architecture and Sony and MS are bending over backwards trying to get devs onboard.  There is every indication that the PS4, at the very least, is a lot easier to develop for than the PS3.

Also, there's a reason ports to different systems are typically relatively low goals in most Kickstarter campaigns.  More systems means more potential sales when the game comes out.  It's not just about the people who backed the Kickstarter, they can make more money once the game is complete.  Developers usually want to get their games on as many systems as possible, it's just a question of whether or not they have the resources for it.

No, the only logical explanation I can see here for why they placed these stretch goals so high is that they're trying to use them as a carrot to entice people to donate more.  You want the game on PS4?  Then you have to donate more!  And tell all your friends to donate too!  It's marketing, essentially...

And that's BS.

With that UE3 demonstration that really may be the reason it happened: it'd be a lot more work than if it were just in Unity or just a lowscale game visually. But that WAS a demo cooked up quickly, so it may not really be indicative of anything but basic gameplay and what they want the game to roughly look like.

... Still, it makes me go from wanting this on Wii U to wanting it on PS4 or PC instead. Doubly so if PS4 nets me Vita or even PS3.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »

Mighty No. 9 Countdown -- TwitchTV

Welp, is over. The designs for Call that won the contest were H, E and F.

With a bunch of thanks to the fans and a promise that the game will be awesome the Kickstarted ended. A new era has begun boys and girls! (`_)ゞ
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »

I love that comic and am super excited for this game. I'm also very glad they set their stretch goals at realistic levels rather than the more appealing but far too idealistic levels many other KS campaigns do.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2013, 01:13:13 AM »

I'm actually amazed that this kickstarter actually managed to hit and pass every stretch goal laid out.

Right now I can't think of any other campaign that's done so that didn't actually have stretch goals to begin with.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2013, 02:43:09 AM »

I'm surprised they manage to make about $400,000 on the final day like that. Wasn't expecting them to meet the Call stage goal.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2013, 07:02:12 AM »

I'm actually amazed that this kickstarter actually managed to hit and pass every stretch goal laid out.

Right now I can't think of any other campaign that's done so that didn't actually have stretch goals to begin with.
Off the top of my head Project Eternity and Torment both hit all of their stretch goals. Technically I suppose Order of the Stick reprint drive did also, but that one is sort of cheating because the last goal was moved down a little at the end. I want to say none of the three of them had stretch goals on the Kickstarter on day 1(although they may have had them in mind). Hmm just realized that Project Eternity, Torment, and Mighty Number 9 all got around 4 million. I wonder if that is something of the realistic limit for game Kickstarters at the moment.

I'm surprised they manage to make about $400,000 on the final day like that. Wasn't expecting them to meet the Call stage goal.
Last day tends to be the most funding heavy day of Kickstarters. Sometimes by a lot.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2013, 10:47:46 PM »

All of the stretch goals were reached. All of them? Yes, all of them.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 04:14:31 AM »

Off the top of my head Project Eternity and Torment both hit all of their stretch goals. Technically I suppose Order of the Stick reprint drive did also, but that one is sort of cheating because the last goal was moved down a little at the end. I want to say none of the three of them had stretch goals on the Kickstarter on day 1(although they may have had them in mind). Hmm just realized that Project Eternity, Torment, and Mighty Number 9 all got around 4 million. I wonder if that is something of the realistic limit for game Kickstarters at the moment.

Last day tends to be the most funding heavy day of Kickstarters. Sometimes by a lot.

I thought PE's Kickstarter got canned? Unless we're talking about a round two or something. That said, Torment missed its last goal, and I'll take your word on OotS.

All of the stretch goals were reached. All of them? Yes, all of them.

Way to totally not read my previous post or the post above yours. >_>

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2013, 04:31:52 AM »

I thought PE's Kickstarter got canned? Unless we're talking about a round two or something. That said, Torment missed its last goal, and I'll take your word on OotS.

Canned?  Is there some other Project Eternity?  This certainly wasn't canned.

And yeah, they hit all their stretch goals (when you add in Paypal numbers, anyway).

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2013, 06:40:43 AM »

No Torment hit the last goal, when you add in all the Paypal donations. Admittedly it took an extra month, but we are getting the last stretch goal.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »

Canned?  Is there some other Project Eternity?  This certainly wasn't canned.

And yeah, they hit all their stretch goals (when you add in Paypal numbers, anyway).

Whoops. My bad. I was thinking of that attempt at making a follow up to Eternal Darkness. The names kinda blended in my head for a second there.

No Torment hit the last goal, when you add in all the Paypal donations. Admittedly it took an extra month, but we are getting the last stretch goal.

Fine. It hasn't it all of its stretch goals, yet.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »

Way to totally not read my previous post or the post above yours. >_>

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »

Okay, took a min for me to figure out what the heck this sentence said, but now I see it is just missing an h! Ah-ha. I have broken the code! Although I'm not quite sure how you reached the conclusion that you did based on what I said. >.> So to try and clarify, it hit the last stretch goal sometime around May 29th (or at least that is when it was announced on the Kickstarter).  Wait I take that back according to their Tumblr site, they hit it April 29th, and I guess they took a month to post it on Kickstarter.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2013, 03:16:19 PM »

Okay, took a min for me to figure out what the heck this sentence said, but now I see it is just missing an h! Ah-ha. I have broken the code! Although I'm not quite sure how you reached the conclusion that you did based on what I said. >.> So to try and clarify, it hit the last stretch goal sometime around May 29th (or at least that is when it was announced on the Kickstarter).  Wait I take that back according to their Tumblr site, they hit it April 29th, and I guess they took a month to post it on Kickstarter.

That'll learn me to judge progress based on the Kickstarter page instead of following Tumblr.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2013, 08:13:16 AM »

That'll learn me to judge progress based on the Kickstarter page instead of following Tumblr.
My understanding is that Kickstarter pages are locked after the campaign finishes so that you can't do any kind of updates to the main page once the 30 days are up. You have to go to either the updates section or w/e web page is serving as the projects home if you want updates post campaign finishing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: