Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 10:25:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329970 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Inafune's latest project The Mighty No.9 looks Mega Rocking, man.  (Read 9288 times)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »

^ On that note (again).  It didn't hit the news here but the Symphony of the Night creator left Konami -- didnt he?

I hope we get a "Killer Vampire Castle X" series now or something.
Why one would call that theoretical project anything other than CastleMania is baffling to me.  But yes, I'd play the **** out of it. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2014, 08:19:31 PM »

@Dice: Yeah. IGN asked him at GDC if he would like to do something with Metroid. He said he would love to get the chance to do that and later once "the news" were posted a fraction of the Internet went boom (as always).

Loved the gameplay footage. Hard to say from just watching, but it looks like the controls are tight, which is really super duper important in this case. <3

There's a few short videos of Inafune playing the alpha version. The controls seem pretty responsive already for what I can tell.

I sure hope so, since Konami doesn't seem to care about making Castlevania anymore.

I would say that about stuff like Suikoden or Contra. They are still actively using the IP with the Lords of Shadow series.

Sure it might not be something you like or recognize it as Castlevania, but it is what it is.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »

I sure hope so, since Konami doesn't seem to care about making Castlevania anymore.

I would say that about stuff like Suikoden or Contra. They are still actively using the IP with the Lords of Shadow series.

Sure it might not be something you like or recognize it as Castlevania, but it is what it is.
Well I really just meant returning to the two kinds of Castlevania games of the original timeline.  Let's face it though, they're only slapping "Castlevania" on Lords of Shadow for brand recognition (which probably isn't even helping considering the small number of old Castlevania fans that like LoS).
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »

Well I really just meant returning to the two kinds of Castlevania games of the original timeline.  Let's face it though, they're only slapping "Castlevania" on Lords of Shadow for brand recognition (which probably isn't even helping considering the small number of old Castlevania fans that like LoS).
Doesn't help that LoS2 is in fact being slammed left and right as a terrible game...

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2014, 06:41:16 AM »

Surprised nobody here has posted about Azure Striker Gunvolt yet, Inafune/Inti-Create's Not-Megaman-XZ game.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2014, 08:10:14 AM »

Why does Gunvolt have to look like a girl?

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2014, 08:31:30 AM »

Well you'll be pleased to hear that you fall under their research on the American markets and they decided to make him not-girly just for you (and 12 year old boys).

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2014, 10:11:01 AM »

The braid is fine, but I never really got the exposed midriff as a creative/fashionabluh choice.  The one chick I knew who did it was at my local YMCA and she cut it out of her tank top to show off her six pack (she *is* a personal trainer, though).  Meh.

...I wonder why the lightning was changed. x)

Gameplay looks fancy and chaotic.  Curious for reviews first.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2014, 12:54:50 PM »

The braid is fine, but I never really got the exposed midriff as a creative/fashionabluh choice.  The one chick I knew who did it was at my local YMCA and she cut it out of her tank top to show off her six pack (she *is* a personal trainer, though).  Meh.

If it helps any, they've since restored the Braid to the western version.

Anyways, I haven't posted about it since there really wasn't all that much to go on beyond Inti-creates is making Megaman Zero 5/ZX 3.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2014, 12:10:33 AM »

If it helps any, they've since restored the Braid to the western version.

Anyways, I haven't posted about it since there really wasn't all that much to go on beyond Inti-creates is making Megaman Zero 5/ZX 3.

I only found out about this game *because* of the censorship "scandal".

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2014, 12:20:38 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/05/mighty-9-gets-second-crowdfunding-campaign/

Not cool, yo.

TASTY!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2014, 09:42:57 PM »

Looks perfectly cool to me. It's only for bonus features.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »

Looks perfectly cool to me. It's only for bonus features.
But they made HOW MUCH over their initial goal? 400 percent? This is starting to sound like greed.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »

With Kickstarters it's explicitly laid out that "if we make x amount of money, y and z will be in the game", how much they made over their basic goal really isn't relevant since this is for completely different features.

That being said, yes it's greed, of course it is. So is making the game to begin with, honestly.

Obviously a smarter dev would instead just overestimate the required money for everything and then come out later saying "look guys, we made this extra stuff for the fans too" and make it seem like they were being fan-friendly, but oh well.  I'm just not going to bother donating since I don't care for English voices. I just wanted the game to be made, don't really care about all this extra stuff.

Although really, you'd think an English voice cast would fall under the creation of the game, especially if there's already going to be Japanese voice acting. Inafune took the project to Kickstarter and I'm sure he knew he had lots of western fans so the fact that he's asking extra for a full localization is pretty lame.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2014, 12:05:26 AM »

I'm more irritated that they want cash to put extra stuff in the game. Fuck you, if you have time to ask for more money to add shit, release the game and add it in a future dlc or something stupid. As it is, a 2 year development schedule seems extremely long for a simple platformer, but then a 4 million dollar budget and no publisher on your ass to speed it up and get their money back? I mean shit, it's not like the backers get a % of what their game brings in....this whole thing is starting to sound like a giant scheme. And that's hard for me to say because I love megaman, but I've been slighted by his owners before.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: