Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 05:43:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327167 Posts in 13392 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 262060 times)
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2850 on: July 16, 2014, 06:10:48 AM »

I can't tell if this is a joke or if it's actually serious, but I find the fact that it even exists at all to be completely hilarious.  It's a fan-made audiobook version of the Mahouka novels.

The guy's voice is so soothing...

oo nice. Mahouka was easily my favorite series of last season, so i'll check that out.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2851 on: July 16, 2014, 06:52:54 AM »

Whee, rewatching Gundam 00 for like the fourth time. Still love it.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2852 on: July 16, 2014, 06:48:51 PM »

Let's be clear: Mangahere doesn't translate anything.  Legit or otherwise.  All they do is host other people's translations.  On top of that they (as well as Mangafox and many similar sites) are for profit, making money off of ads.  And to be sure, 0% of that money goes to the original creators or even to the fan translators, it's all for the people running the website.

If that wasn't enough then also note that they frequently lower the image quality from what the original scanlators put out to reduce bandwidth costs (and maximize their profits), and they've even cut credit pages so you can't tell who actually did the translation.  Basically, they're total scum.  Believe me, I've actually done scanlation stuff before and everyone in that community absolutely hates Mangafox, Mangahere, and their ilk.

If you're going to go with scanlations (and of course I would always suggest legitimate sources when they're available) then batoto.net is a much better choice.  Or even better just go to the scanlators' sites directly.

Not to mention that mangafox and so on are malware havens. Even with good antivirus software, you're still playing Russian Roulette with your computer.

This is why I stopped reading scanlations. I was reading a manga on Mangafox back in 2012 and got a virus so bad that I had to take it in for a professional to get rid of the virus. Granted I didn't have Adblock back then, but I still don't trust those sites, so I have yet to ever go back to them.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2853 on: July 16, 2014, 06:56:50 PM »

I'm at vol. 9 of Yowamushi Pedal on batoto.  Loving the series and badly want legit English releases of both the manga and anime.  Sports anime and manga are curious, aren't they?  Normally, I'm not into them at all, but I'm into this one because it's about a sport I enjoy and I relate to the main character big time. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2854 on: July 16, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »

I'm at vol. 9 of Yowamushi Pedal on batoto.  Loving the series and badly want legit English releases of both the manga and anime.  Sports anime and manga are curious, aren't they?  Normally, I'm not into them at all, but I'm into this one because it's about a sport I enjoy and I relate to the main character big time. 
If you like bike sports anime, might want to give Overdrive a try. It is one of my favorite sports anime.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2855 on: July 16, 2014, 10:51:02 PM »

I've heard good things about Overdrive.  I'll stick with YP, though, mainly because I see so much of myself in Onoda that it's uncanny.

I approve of this nonsense!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2856 on: July 18, 2014, 02:45:03 AM »

OK, so it seems that the Persona 4 Golden anime is just a big omake or something.  It obviously is not intended for people who aren't already familiar with the story, either from the games or the original anime season.  Episode 2 just jumps around to scenes the producers liked without even paying lip service to the main plot.  Kanji just shows up without even being introduced.  Instead they focus entirely on extra side content from Golden.

In a way this is probably a good thing.  I like P4's story, but we've seen it enough already.  This isn't even trying to tell that story, it's just fan service.  No, not that kind of fan service...though it looks like next week will be a beach episode...

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: