Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:04:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330065 Posts in 13526 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP  (Read 6252 times)
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »

(FYI: I'm really an old poster called badsanta; however, I completely forgot my password, and my email had changed too, so I had to make a new account. With that said...)

I just gotta say, F' yeah! I played the first game a few years back, and loved it. ...And then a year or two later, it started to look like there was no hope of getting the second game over here, especially since there's now 4 games after this one. (After SC, I mean.) But, at the least, we are finally getting SC. I'd still like to see the other games come over here at some point, but even if they don't, so long as we get SC and wrap up the story of the first game, I'll be a happy, happy man. :D

(Also, do we know how it's going to be released on the PSP? Because, if it's digital, well, I've been having troubles getting my PSP to connect the internet for a while. I'd like to just use my old save data, but if there's not going to be a physical release, it might be better to just go with Steam. ...The problem with that is that I think the PSP version of SC has some extras that the PC version doesn't have, and not just voice-acting; mainly, a couple of extra late-game playable characters, both of which did show up in FC. So, I'm kind of not sure just what to do here. Anyone got any info or advice?)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2013, 11:29:09 PM »

There is a 0% chance of a physical PSP release.  Nobody is printing UMDs anymore, not to mention that the special two-UMD cases were never produced outside of Japan in the first place, since no multi-UMD games have ever been released overseas (honestly, Trails in the Sky SC and Final Fantasy Type-O are the only two UMD games I even know of).  Then there are all the usual concerns about getting shelf space at retailers, etc for a PSP game in 2014.  Come on, it's just not going to happen.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2013, 11:36:57 PM »

Yeah, anyone who thinks this is going to get a physical UMD release is pretty deluded.  It's a shame those who are "PHYSICAL ONLY" will miss such a great game.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2013, 11:42:21 PM »

I'm not expecting a PSP release, but a PS3 release?

Yeah, I was counting on that.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2013, 12:42:33 AM »

(Also, do we know how it's going to be released on the PSP? Because, if it's digital, well, I've been having troubles getting my PSP to connect the internet for a while. I'd like to just use my old save data, but if there's not going to be a physical release, it might be better to just go with Steam. ...The problem with that is that I think the PSP version of SC has some extras that the PC version doesn't have, and not just voice-acting; mainly, a couple of extra late-game playable characters, both of which did show up in FC. So, I'm kind of not sure just what to do here. Anyone got any info or advice?)

Good point about the PSP only content. Since I'm getting the STeam versions, here's hoping they... idk add that into te PC version or something.

Voice acting I could take or leave though.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2013, 12:50:25 AM »

I think I saw them say that they will be taking bits and bobs from both versions and releasing them on both systems as one Ultimate version.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2013, 12:54:08 AM »

I think I saw them say that they will be taking bits and bobs from both versions and releasing them on both systems as one Ultimate version.

Yeah, they said they were hoping they could do that in the RPGamer interview.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2013, 02:44:45 PM »

w00t!! 

Very happy to see this!

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2013, 04:17:17 PM »

not to mention that the special two-UMD cases were never produced outside of Japan in the first place

Technically they were?
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/mega-man-dual-pack/92816
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/monster-hunter-freedom-dual-pack/92817

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2013, 01:00:48 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/16/xseed-looking-into-ps3-version-of-trails-in-the-sky-sc/

So does anyone know what the PS3 version of the game has over the other versions? I remember the move including better graphics and whatnot but I don't recall if there's any exclusive content involved.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/16/xseed-looking-into-ps3-version-of-trails-in-the-sky-sc/

So does anyone know what the PS3 version of the game has over the other versions? I remember the move including better graphics and whatnot but I don't recall if there's any exclusive content involved.

It's the PSP additions (which may not be exciting for us, but is a thing to the Japanese audience I guess), and yeah, it's HD.

That is awesome news though.  I want to make sweet love to XSeed.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »

People will leap at any little piece of news and blow it up, won't they?

Not that this is technically wrong, but giving it its own story does seem to imply it's a bigger deal than what was basically a "the option's not closed off" post.

EDIT: And I did see it pointed out they're "looking into" all sorts of things like a limited PSP physical release, so it really is disingenuous to imply this is a bigger deal than it actually is.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:21:30 PM by Eusis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »

Eh, that's pretty much par for the course for Siliconera.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »

Eh, that's pretty much par for the course for Siliconera.

Yeah, I've been paying them less and less mind over time. There's minor nitpicks I have that other outlets are guilty of (please don't assume a translated name, at least not without mentioning the original name too), but they do seem to be one of the sloppiest news sources for Japanese games. And the least focused, they SEEM mainly focused on import coverage only to turn around and cover Criterion for some reason.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »

People will leap at any little piece of news and blow it up, won't they?

Not that this is technically wrong, but giving it its own story does seem to imply it's a bigger deal than what was basically a "the option's not closed off" post.

EDIT: And I did see it pointed out they're "looking into" all sorts of things like a limited PSP physical release, so it really is disingenuous to imply this is a bigger deal than it actually is.

To be fair, at least they're reporting about "looking into" and not as fact.  Other sites do similar for a "rumor mill" (e.g.: X might be the new James Bond!  Y might direct it!!)
And with the amount of waves SC's announcement caused on Siliconera, there shouldn't be any surprise that it's "on their reporting radar".  Every fucking tiny ass tidbit about the Tales series is also "reported" on because it generates them views.

As someone who kinda lost hope on this then to hear a niche-ass title is actually gonna see the light of day and [potentially] other venues definitely gets me excited, but yeah, it's hardly worth looking into as a guaranteeeeee.  Not like I'm an active body on the XSeed facebook page.

I don't get the negativity on this.  News like this doesn't hurt anyone UNLESS you read into it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:00:55 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: