Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 04:23:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327545 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP  (Read 5509 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 10:19:32 AM »

Monsoon: I am pretty sure the "Vita" version is just the PSP version playable on Vita.  You can transfer your save files from your PSP to the Vita if that's the case.
Huh, I thought that transferring save files wasn't an option.  In that case, decision made. 

Nope, it's actually pretty simple.  You have to have the Content Manager for Vita installed on your PC.  It'll give you a folder where all of your PSP game files from the Vita will live and you can just connect your PSP & dump save files to that folder.  Then you use the content manager and transfer them to Vita.  Problem solved.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 10:33:06 AM »

How big a feature is the save thingy in the second game? Anyone know?

I lost the PSP I played TiTs on a few years ago and my save data went with it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 10:57:10 AM »

Semi-Bad News.  Looks like XSeed is "done" after SC.
http://www.rpgamer.com/features/2013/interviews/xseedfall2013int1.html

MAC: But seriously, how does XSEED plan on dealing with the continuous flood of Kiseki games from Falcom? Would there be opposition to another publisher taking on the more recent games or is everyone else afraid to touch those as well?
KB: We ask ourselves that every day. We would love to release all of them if we could, but most of the later Kiseki games are even bigger than Trails SC, so I just don't see how it's physically possible. Other publishers are free to discuss with Falcom directly if they are up to the challenge.

Kinda hurt, but definitely makes sense given the sheer quantity of stuff there is to translate (Ao/Zero, and allegedly Sen is even bigger).

In other words, EVERYONE BUY TWO COPIES.  MAYBE THREE.....OR EIGHT
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:32:00 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 12:03:58 PM »

^Disappointing but understandable. Seriously, they'd need a bigger translation group if it's true that later ones are bigger. I'll live, just so long as there's no cliffhanger at the end of SC.

Monsoon: I am pretty sure the "Vita" version is just the PSP version playable on Vita.  You can transfer your save files from your PSP to the Vita if that's the case.
Huh, I thought that transferring save files wasn't an option.  In that case, decision made. 

Nope, it's actually pretty simple.  You have to have the Content Manager for Vita installed on your PC.  It'll give you a folder where all of your PSP game files from the Vita will live and you can just connect your PSP & dump save files to that folder.  Then you use the content manager and transfer them to Vita.  Problem solved.

If you have it, you can also use a PS3, IIRC. Just connect you PSP to the PS3, transfer over your PSP save file, then connect the Vita and use the Vita's content manager to copy the PSP save data from the PS3 to the Vita.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:17:51 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 12:08:25 PM »

2.5 pages in one morning 'cause of this announcement?

Guess I need to play this first game, huh.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »

Frickin'. Finally.

Only reason I've been buying other XSeed games is to support this.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »

I think they'll have a much bigger market on pc, hopefully the steam dollars change their mind.

I'll live, just so long as there's no cliffhanger at the end of SC.

There shouldn't be. There's a third game, but it was originally a two parter and they just went 'hey, how about we make another?' after they finished.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »

MAC: But seriously, how does XSEED plan on dealing with the continuous flood of Kiseki games from Falcom? Would there be opposition to another publisher taking on the more recent games or is everyone else afraid to touch those as well?
KB: We ask ourselves that every day. We would love to release all of them if we could, but most of the later Kiseki games are even bigger than Trails SC, so I just don't see how it's physically possible. Other publishers are free to discuss with Falcom directly if they are up to the challenge.

Kinda hurt, but definitely makes sense given the sheer quantity of stuff there is to translate (Ao/Zero, and allegedly Sen is even bigger).

In other words, EVERYONE BUY TWO COPIES.  MAYBE THREE.....OR EIGHT

While I'd love for us to get Ao/Zero, if any other of the series makes it way over here after SC, I'm gonna guess it will be Sen.

Anyway, YAY FOR ANNOUNCEMENT! I know what I'm playing next after Radiant Historia.
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 12:59:16 PM »

Thank GOD!! I beat the last one a little over a year ago and I'm STILL itching to play the next one. Which proves it's lasting power. I just worry that we may not see the end of the story. I don't know anything about the 2nd or the 3rd game, but I would think if it's a trilogy, the story doesn't end after the 2nd game. And if they are done after that game, then we may forever go wanting for that complete ending!

Either way, I'm thrilled. :)

pigTails of...
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 01:15:04 PM »

From what I've gathered, Third Chapter is more an extended epilogue than anything. The plot is mostly separate with a couple side-plots resolved and some character development.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 01:20:03 PM »

Bit disappointed that they're outsourcing translation. This'll be a big test for carpe fulgur. They've done good work with stuff like recettear, but the games they've done are silly and really don't have a single serious moment in them. And while there's room for silly in tits, hopefully they can keep up the pace when it's time for more dramatic scenes.

But the outsourcing does free up xseed to not release Rune Factory 4.
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 01:57:45 PM »

I'm glad they are coming to Steam. I will purchase both of them. We need more quality JRPGs on Steam.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 02:46:22 PM »

Split because this is fantastic news that deserves its own thread... and I half expect the thread will keep being used for the game anyway.

I'll probably end up double dipping for each title.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 03:05:33 PM »

Yay! Glad this happened. I was worried it would end up like Blade Dancer or how Golden Sun was for years.

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »

I'm torn between which version to choose, I may end up getting both. I don't especially enjoy playing games on handhelds, but I'd like to import my original clear data, and even though I could use someone elses file to import into the PC version, it wouldn't be quite the same. I could buy the PC version of FC, but I'm not one for replaying games in quick succession, seeing as I only finished it for PSP a few months ago. That said, I really want Xseed to release more PC games, so buying them would send the right message.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: