Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:50:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334793 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP  (Read 7102 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »

From what I've gathered, Third Chapter is more an extended epilogue than anything. The plot is mostly separate with a couple side-plots resolved and some character development.

From what I understand TC is more closely related to Zero and Ao than FC and SC.  It sets up some things that will be important later, but doesn't really continue the story from the first two.  Which makes the naming scheme kind of confusing, I know.  At any rate, SC isn't a terrible place to stop.

Anyway, this is pretty much what I expected.  With the amount of time SC is taking I can't see them doing the rest of the series.  I  plan I tackling the rest of the series in Japanese after SC.  Honestly I would have done it already, but the language in these games is quite a bit more difficult than your average JRPG.  But I'm studying everyday so I hope to be at the point where I'm a bit more comfortable with it soon...

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »

Of all the days to lose access to my main computer.

That said....

FUCK YEAH!!!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »

I'm so excited about this, I could explode. I will absolutely be buying both versions of SC, as well as the Steam version of FC when it releases later this year. Carpe Fulgur and XSEED are makin' those dreams come true.

This is a good opportunity to shamelessly self-promote, so I will: remember that Tom Lipschultz of XSEED will be on the next episode of Rhythm Encounter, which features nothing but Falcom music, including Kiseki stuff. The episode will be up in the coming days, so please keep an eye/ear out! :)

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 04:59:15 PM »

Part of me wishes it were renamed so the first would be TITS and this would be ASS, tits 'nd ass.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2013, 05:01:46 PM »

Trails in the Sky: A Second Story
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 05:24:13 PM »

What? You don't like TitS:First Can & TitS: Second Can?

The original LOH games are not bad. They were just unfortunate to suffer one of the worst translation jobs ever.  Dat Engrish, the horror.

Actually, the PSP ports of the Gaharv (I think that's how its spelled) Trilogy were pretty bad overall, and not just the translation.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:27:54 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2013, 05:47:20 PM »

I'm torn between which version to choose, I may end up getting both. I don't especially enjoy playing games on handhelds, but I'd like to import my original clear data, and even though I could use someone elses file to import into the PC version, it wouldn't be quite the same. I could buy the PC version of FC, but I'm not one for replaying games in quick succession, seeing as I only finished it for PSP a few months ago. That said, I really want Xseed to release more PC games, so buying them would send the right message.

Use the PSP's lovely audio/video out feature and play on the big screen! That is what I'll be doing... I've edged into damn near every topic about a PSP title on this forum to point out/exploit how freakin' awesome the PSP is for having those capabilities.

And on that note...

FUCK YEAH!!!

My sentiment abut the announcement to a tee good sir. Well put.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »

I just pawned my psp off because nothing has come out in 2 years that I have wanted to play besides tactics ogre. Fuck xseed for being so damn slow with an announcement.

TASTY!
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2013, 06:08:53 PM »

Use the PSP's lovely audio/video out feature and play on the big screen! That is what I'll be doing... I've edged into damn near every topic about a PSP title on this forum to point out/exploit how freakin' awesome the PSP is for having those capabilities.

I wish I could use the TV out, but I don't have an HDTV and most SDTVs in Europe don't have component inputs, just SCART (which is great, no PSP cable though) and composite (awful). I've got the composite cable for the PSP but it looks incredibly bad, and the text in RPGs is unreadable.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:11:09 PM by DPB » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2013, 06:20:56 PM »

When I plug my PSP into my HDTV it displays in a tiny window with mostly black around it.  It's just displaying at the PSP's resolution (which is well below the TV's) and leaving the rest of the pixels blank.  I never really figured out what to do about that, but it's a really annoying problem.  You have to sit close to the TV to even make out text sometimes...

PSP games look great on the Vita, though.  The screen is so big and bright I find myself not really missing the lack of TV out.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »

I wish I could use the TV out, but I don't have an HDTV and most SDTVs in Europe don't have component inputs, just SCART (which is great, no PSP cable though) and composite (awful). I've got the composite cable for the PSP but it looks incredibly bad, and the text in RPGs is unreadable.

Golly, I had no idea... I've only used it via the component cables on two different HDTV's with zoom on and it looks gorgeous. So much so, I prefer playing PS1 titles on my TV via this method as opposed to using the PS3 with smoothing on when I have the option.

When I plug my PSP into my HDTV it displays in a tiny window with mostly black around it.  It's just displaying at the PSP's resolution (which is well below the TV's) and leaving the rest of the pixels blank.  I never really figured out what to do about that, but it's a really annoying problem.  You have to sit close to the TV to even make out text sometimes...

PSP games look great on the Vita, though.  The screen is so big and bright I find myself not really missing the lack of TV out.

Zoom my friend! Zoom x 2 if your feeling frisky and your TV's got it!! LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2013, 06:34:41 PM »

I just pawned my psp off because nothing has come out in 2 years that I have wanted to play besides tactics ogre. Fuck xseed for being so damn slow with an announcement.

At least the Vita had a recent price drop!

And that this game won't come out until about the end of 2014 anyway.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »

Zoom my friend! Zoom x 2 if your feeling frisky and your TV's got it!! LoL

Yeah, my TV ain't got it...

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2013, 07:39:51 PM »

Ahem.

MOTHERFUCKING HELL YES.

(On the downside, a Vita's looking much less tempting now. Except I still want Celceta so)

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2013, 08:17:42 PM »

There are many reasons why the announcement took so long, the largest of which being that this localization is one of the biggest in industry history. It wasn't an intentional "let's keep them in the dark" kind of thing. There's a lot of good information at Carpe Fulgur's blog: http://www.carpefulgur.com/drakblog/

Thankfully, you can get both FC & SC on Steam, so as long as you have a low-to-mid range PC, you'll be good to go. :)

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: