Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 10:02:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332708 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP  (Read 6751 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2013, 08:40:15 PM »

We're not getting the HD editions, are we? :(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2013, 08:47:52 PM »

It can be as HD as you want on PC.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2013, 09:02:35 PM »

XSeed sales on Trails 1 weren't impressive enough for them to invest terribly into this; I think we're only getting this because (1) fans really, really wanted it, and (2) XSeed loves its fans.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2013, 09:05:35 PM »

XSeed sales on Trails 1 weren't impressive enough for them to invest terribly into this; I think we're only getting this because (1) fans really, really wanted it, and (2) XSeed loves its fans.

And (3) Carpe Fulgur offered to work with them.

Anyways I think if we see the HD editions it'll be after the PSP/PC versions hit and if they're THAT successful, and if SCEA requirements don't get in the way. Better to stay pessimistic on that front I think.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2013, 10:09:40 PM »

It can be as HD as you want on PC.

Don't game on PC.

Anyways I think if we see the HD editions it'll be after the PSP/PC versions hit and if they're THAT successful, and if SCEA requirements don't get in the way. Better to stay pessimistic on that front I think.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. It's a real drag.
Is it too much to ask to get more than one traditional console JRPG a year?

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2013, 11:30:37 PM »

On the plus side, a Steam release REALLY has the potential to broaden the audience.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »

And (3) Carpe Fulgur offered to work with them.

Yeah, as much as I'd love for us to get the HD PS3 releases, this little factor has always made me rule out it ever happening.
mrchoppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2013, 02:44:51 AM »

Great news! I better get on and finish the first one now.   Its seemed to be going on forever but i must be getting near the end.

Also this looks like a good move putting it on Steam and we will see more stuff getting translated in the future.   Valkyria Chronicles 3 on Vita please!  (i can dream).
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »

On the plus side, a Steam release REALLY has the potential to broaden the audience.

Provided that the collective Steam Community can get over its irrational hate towards JRPGs.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2013, 12:55:22 PM »

Provided that the collective Steam Community can get over its irrational hate towards JRPGs.

What irrational hate? Recettear sold 300000 copies, and that's an obscure indie RPG. The Ys series and Zeboyd's games did really well there too, better than they've done on handhelds and consoles.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »

Maybe he means turn-based JRPGs, but I can't even think of a large enough sample size to draw that conclusion with.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »

I'm genuinely starting to wonder if you are on drugs of some sort. Half of why this is hitting Steam is because of the success Carpet Fulgur and Yes had, otherwise we'd never see this.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »

I'm genuinely starting to wonder if you are on drugs of some sort. Half of why this is hitting Steam is because of the success Carpet Fulgur and Yes had, otherwise we'd never see this.

Less drugs, more like being on a crappy laptop that I can barely post from, let alone do proper research on when a post calls for it.

I think what it was that I was getting at was that aside from the XSeeD/Carpet Fulgore stuffs JRPGs have a difficult time getting onto Steam, especially through Greenlight.

Of course, this does defeat the point of my previous post since CrossSEED/Carp Fullgirl are behind this to begin with. So yes, while I'm not on drugs, there are days when I could use some kind of anti-depressant so I won't have to be so salty all the time (even though I still don't think that its worth the drawbacks and the side effects that those come with).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »

I think what it was that I was getting at was that aside from the XSeeD/Carpet Fulgore stuffs JRPGs have a difficult time getting onto Steam, especially through Greenlight.

Most of the indie JRPGs on Greenlight are deliriously crappy RPG Maker things.

I've played around with VX Ace. It's pretty robust. Those things have NO excuse for being as bad as they are.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2013, 06:08:08 PM »

I don't think he's completely off.

There's a certain amount of PC users who refuse to play any JRPG because they view the genre as a set of stereotypes and nothing more, even though they're not necessarily true for every game.

Yet when one shows up on steam, they'll magically show a willingness to try it.

There's a bit of a double standard.

That said, I really, really, really hope, as a console gamer, that we don't see JRPGs going steam only.

That would suck.

And no, I'm not saying don't put them on steam, just don't make them exclusive.

I just don't like the general trend of everything going digital only.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 06:10:05 PM by Lard » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: