Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332827 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC Announced for Steam/PSP  (Read 6776 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2013, 06:19:44 PM »

Dice, it's because "looking into" doesn't mean anything.  This wasn't even official PR or something.  Somebody asked about the PS3 version and an Xseed rep said they were looking into it, but emphasized that the PC and PSP versions were the priority.  It's kind of silly making a whole news story out of that.  It would be more newsworthy if they weren't at least looking it.  I mean, it's another potential avenue to sell the game and it seems like basic due diligence to at least look into it.  That doesn't mean it will amount to anything, as the barriers are significant (like lack of trophy support for PSP remasters and SCEA's policies...).

The article is click-bait, nothing more.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »

Dice, it's because "looking into" doesn't mean anything.  This wasn't even official PR or something.  Somebody asked about the PS3 version and an Xseed rep said they were looking into it, but emphasized that the PC and PSP versions were the priority.  It's kind of silly making a whole news story out of that.  It would be more newsworthy if they weren't at least looking it.  I mean, it's another potential avenue to sell the game and it seems like basic due diligence to at least look into it.  That doesn't mean it will amount to anything, as the barriers are significant (like lack of trophy support for PSP remasters and SCEA's policies...).

The article is click-bait, nothing more.

As a student in the advertising arts and other lib art shit and occasional online seller, I say "kudos" to their click-bait. :P

Like I said, i don't think it's a big deal, I'm kinda "lighter side of life"-ing this though.  Clearly it's a response to the amount of traffic Siliconera gets posting on XSeed stuff and especially given the reaction to SC.  They even post on teaser sites which, who gives a fuck, teasers are 90% full of crap.  Best way not to care is don't click.  I'm not looking into this, but it's just "fun" to read I guess.

Either way, I'll take Siliconera news any day over whatever the shit Kotaku does anymore
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:03:55 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2013, 07:34:46 PM »

As a student in the advertising arts and other lib art shit and occasional online seller, I say "kudos" to their click-bait. :P

So the fact that something is effective from an advertising standpoint makes it immune to criticism?  I never claimed it didn't work as click-bait, but I'm saying is this sort of thing (and this is far from an isolated incident) is exactly why I'm kind of fed up with Siliconera and I think I might stop visiting the site entirely.  I'm not going to endorse this sort of behavior just because it 'works'.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2013, 07:41:55 PM »

So the fact that something is effective from an advertising standpoint makes it immune to criticism?  I never claimed it didn't work as click-bait, but I'm saying is this sort of thing (and this is far from an isolated incident) is exactly why I'm kind of fed up with Siliconera and I think I might stop visiting the site entirely.  I'm not going to endorse this sort of behavior just because it 'works'.

I just don't care enough to criticize it. 

Between them and other games sites I get my /real/ (i.e., relevant) news.

From what I can tell they still deliver actual updates in a timely fashion, and Japanese news in English before other sites do.  The title of their article on SC summed up more than enough for me to even click the link and doesn't hint things as fact, and that's enough for me since I'm usually skeptical on updates like that anyway..

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »

It seems that the tl;dr is that I need to find a better video game news outlet.

And maybe to exercise a bit more restraint in posting anything that looks kinda vapid. Not everyday can be a busy news day. :C

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2013, 09:13:49 PM »

Wonder if third chapter is in the cards if this does well enough on Steam :T

The news about Recettear sellin' good got the promisings about though. Mad promosings. Be hope dog.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »

It seems that the tl;dr is that I need to find a better video game news outlet.

And maybe to exercise a bit more restraint in posting anything that looks kinda vapid. Not everyday can be a busy news day. :C

How dare you Aeolus.  How. Dare. You.
Honestly though I wouldn't worry about it, Kevadu and Eusis say otherwise though.

Wonder if third chapter is in the cards if this does well enough on Steam :T

The news about Recettear sellin' good got the promisings about though. Mad promosings. Be hope dog.

XSeed seem to be more.... hesitant about that; by that I mean I don't think they wanna do it, because it's just too much for such a little team.  But yeah, I'd like to think large sums of money from SC's release could maybe paint the picture otherwise?

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2013, 09:18:49 PM »

XSeed seem to be more.... hesitant about that; by that I mean I don't think they wanna do it, because it's just too much for such a little team.

BE HOPE DOG.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2013, 09:21:24 PM »

XSeed seem to be more.... hesitant about that; by that I mean I don't think they wanna do it, because it's just too much for such a little team.

BE HOPE DOG.

I typed "hope dog" into google images.  Many good things, here's one of the smaller ones

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »

Definitely glad I held out on getting the PSP version of Trails in the Sky now that it's coming out on Steam.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2013, 12:30:54 AM »

BE HOPE DOG.

I typed "hope dog" into google images.  Many good things, here's one of the smaller ones

Oh my god, that's depressingly awesome.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2013, 02:35:03 AM »

Honestly though I wouldn't worry about it, Kevadu and Eusis say otherwise though.

Well they have had a history of ads infested with malware, so that may be a better reason to not link. It's not like they're VG Chartz though, they just don't have the best translations I hear, seem to lack focus, and semi-frequently write news in ways that I don't like either due to pedantry or because it's potentially misleading (don't mother fucking name a story "Threads of Fate on PSN" when it's out in a different region than most readers are in and it's under a different title in said region.)
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2013, 08:45:59 AM »

Well they have had a history of ads infested with malware, so that may be a better reason to not link. It's not like they're VG Chartz though, they just don't have the best translations I hear, seem to lack focus, and semi-frequently write news in ways that I don't like either due to pedantry or because it's potentially misleading (don't mother fucking name a story "Threads of Fate on PSN" when it's out in a different region than most readers are in and it's under a different title in said region.)

Adding to this, they've also gotten things straight up wrong on occasion like suggesting that a particular character in LoH: Sen no Kiskei was version exclusive due to only one version of the cover prominently featuring said character while the other cover has her set further in the background and not nearly as noticeable.

But yeah, they're one of the reasons why I try not to have Javascript running on my browser.

Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »

I wonder how much the Trails in the Sky Steam Cards will go for!!!! *COUGH*
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »

Adding to this, they've also gotten things straight up wrong on occasion like suggesting that a particular character in LoH: Sen no Kiskei was version exclusive due to only one version of the cover prominently featuring said character while the other cover has her set further in the background and not nearly as noticeable.

But yeah, they're one of the reasons why I try not to have Javascript running on my browser.

If anything I wish they'd stop any posts about browser games. I still like them more than the quasi-blog/news that Kotaku is. Brrr

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: