Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:47:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332937 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Phantasy Star Nova (developed by Tri-Ace)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Phantasy Star Nova (developed by Tri-Ace)  (Read 3755 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »

Phantasy Star was my first RPG.  It is because of that game that I became an ardent fan of the genre to begin with.  It's a shame to see it fade into obscurity in the West.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2014, 07:15:42 PM »

In general it's frustrating how many Sega games like this are being left behind there. Though here it really does seem to be primarily a problem what platforms they're hitting and how demanding localization is, hopefully with PSP/DS more or less left behind we may actually see stuff like this, but Shining's been effectively abandoned for a long time here.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2014, 08:26:24 PM »

In general it's frustrating how many Sega games like this are being left behind there. Though here it really does seem to be primarily a problem what platforms they're hitting and how demanding localization is, hopefully with PSP/DS more or less left behind we may actually see stuff like this, but Shining's been effectively abandoned for a long time here.

To be fair though, not getting the recent Shinings isn't really that big of a loss. I feel like they belong on the same tier of RPGs as the Conception games (if not a teensy bit higher due to somewhat less crappy character designs).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2014, 12:52:10 AM »

Shining Ark was supposed to be pretty good.  I mean, I haven't actually played it so I can't say more than that but I'm not sure why you're totally writing them off.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2014, 02:43:50 PM »

Shining Ark was pretty good. Stupid plot, but the gameplay was actually fun and reminded me a lot of a 3D version of the classic SF strategy games.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »

Shining Ark was supposed to be pretty good.  I mean, I haven't actually played it so I can't say more than that but I'm not sure why you're totally writing them off.

Its quicker and easier for me to write them off than to hold my breath in the longest of shots that this will be the game to actually make it outside of Japan.

Besides, I've yet to find any substantive proof that the gameplay is actually good and not just mediocre (or simply not my cup of tea).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: