Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:04:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335276 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Phantasy Star Nova (developed by Tri-Ace)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Phantasy Star Nova (developed by Tri-Ace)  (Read 4055 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 07:08:27 PM »

At least you'll be able to play as classic Phantasy Star characters.

Once you clear at least 50 floors in the bonus dungeon

You also need to beat the Iseria Queen five times. And each time she gets harder. Also you need to beat the final boss with the Limiter Off.

Um, inapplicable?
No Tri-Ace game requires this and the only time a bonus character was offered was in Radiata Story, in an easy bonus dungeon, and to get Lenneth from VP.
Also, god forbid a game that offers new challenges from the main content and different difficulties. :P
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:15:05 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 07:19:50 PM »

You also need to beat the Iseria Queen five times. And each time she gets harder. Also you need to beat the final boss with the Limiter Off.

Um, inapplicable?
No game Tri-Ace game requires this and the only time a bonus character was offered was in Radiata Story, in an easy bonus dungeon, and to get Lenneth from VP.
Also, god forbid a game that offers new challenges from the main content and different difficulties. :P

Didn't Freya only join in the Gate in VP2?

But either way, yes I did go overboard there for a bit. I forgot that Tri-Ace aren't the ones who get somewhat sadistic with bonus dungeons/content (they're the ones who sadistically offer powerleveling and min/maxing options for spergs that require far more effort to utilize than they're worth).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 07:22:46 PM »

I wasn't trying to phrase my hyperbole as a complaint. I love Tri-Ace (and their crazy stat building and bonus bosses) and was sad to hear about their financial troubles.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 07:27:59 PM »

Um, inapplicable?
No game Tri-Ace game requires this and the only time a bonus character was offered was in Radiata Story, in an easy bonus dungeon, and to get Lenneth from VP.

But either way, yes I did go overboard there for a bit. I forgot that Tri-Ace aren't the ones who get somewhat sadistic with bonus dungeons/content (they're the ones who sadistically offer powerleveling and min/maxing options for spergs that require far more effort to utilize than they're worth).

She did, but so did 2 other characters, and you could do it on your first try, not 5th, and you get a new one in every "section", not every 50 floors. :P

Anyways, two each their own. I personally enjoyed the varied battle systems and customization; and it's at least one of few titles that let you (and encourage you) to forego any grinding to utilize the game systems.  FFX's was a bit more simplified to invading other people's Sphere Grids and getting badass weapons (though that might be too simplified).

I wasn't trying to phrase my hyperbole as a complaint. I love Tri-Ace (and their crazy stat building and bonus bosses) and was sad to hear about their financial troubles.

I'm hoping it's a phase like Squeenix or Capcom is/was in.
But yeah, their early titles are some of my favorites and to think how far they've fallen bums me the fuck out.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »

Um, inapplicable?

freya is obtainable in seraphic gate in all 3 VP games. anyways ive grown to loathe pso2  so im weary of this.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 03:55:26 PM »

I've never in my life played a Phantasy Star because I always assumed they had a lot of online play, which I'm not fond of. I'm wondering if this new one will be a game I should look into. I'm always on the prowl for a new fun RPG. :)

pigTails of...
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 10:53:05 AM »

I'm hoping this won't just become another Monster Hunter clone...honestly, I LOVE Monster Hunter! But seriously, there only so much hunting action a person can take.

With that said, even though it's introduced some elements that would suggest Monster Hunter such as giant creatures and a crafting based system, That doesn't necessarily mean it WILL be. I mean, Star Ocean's always had crafting systems playing a pretty major role in their games. This just seems to me like the new Star Ocean that Square wouldn't let Tri-Ace make.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »

the new Star Ocean that Square wouldn't let Tri-Ace make.

They haven't been able to work in any new projects of their own not because a company won't let them. They just can't.
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 11:38:08 AM »

They haven't been able to work in any new projects of their own not because a company won't let them. They just can't.

Eh? It's not like they've been making any less games than usual in the past few years. Between games like Beyond the Labyrinth, Frontier Gate, their work on Little Battlers W, and now this, they're pretty much just as active as they've always been. All I meant by that is that Square hasn't been dumping as many resources into Tri-ace as they used to. Maybe saying they "wouldn't let them" wasn't a great way of wording that, but Squeenix DOES have ownership over Star Ocean. Whether or not a new Star Ocean would get made would partially fall on them, wouldn't it?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 04:27:42 AM »

Sega has no plans to bring this West.

I know I'm shocked...

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 06:12:45 AM »

sega of america doesnt really exist. its controlled by sega of europe so sega of america has no real power.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »

You know Sega, this would be a fine time to talk to those fellows you just spent a whole shitload of money on to do something about this.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »

This is the point where Atlus steps up, isn't it?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 03:33:30 PM »

Whether or not a new Star Ocean would get made would partially fall on them, wouldn't it?

If Star Ocean is property of them? Yes, that would fall on them I think. Though I don't know the specifics right now if SQEX has the IPs of tri-Ace or not.

I'm actually surprised about this and PSO2 not being released in the West. Is a shame really because they look like great games that I assume would do decently.

This whole deal with big projects having this need of making as much profit as COD or GTA or else the entire thing is considered "a failure" has become a real problem...
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »

I wish Tri-Ace would continue with Valkyrie Profile.  Both Lenneth and Silmeria are masterpieces in storytelling, atmosphere, music, characters and it's battle system. 

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: