Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 08:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327320 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Share Your Burning Crusade Beta Pics!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Share Your Burning Crusade Beta Pics!  (Read 3964 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« on: October 31, 2006, 08:23:39 AM »

Thought i'd share some of the pics I've taken in beta so far for your perusal. I'd like to see if anyone else on beta has some pics of the other zones/instances.

This pic is from the Draenai starter area of Azuremyst Isle, located due SW of Teldrassil.

This is an outdoor shot of the crashed Draenai capitol ship, the Exodar - know known as useless Alliance capitol #2 due to its retarded location.

Here we are inside the Exodar, pretty....

Here I am on the outskirts of Hellfire Penninsula in Outlands looking at the entrance to Zangamarsh.

Through the thicket and the bugs, we approach the serene Mushroom forest of Zangamarsh.

Deeper into the marsh, amazing background artwork for sure.

And here we have a glimpse of Terokkar Forest from the entrance to  Shattrah City.

View of the outer walls of the city from the lower level open-air market.

Here I am on the upper levels of the city, standing on one of the bridges that bisect the inner citadel.

The Outlands sure are host to some strange races. Here we have some kind of living rune or holy A.I.... who knows...

This bad boy is the source of the huge pillar of light coming from the roof of the tower in the picture before last.

Another one of the new NPC races, cribbed from the Dark Crystal no less.

Another interesting looking NPC, but no clue what it is.

This is a shot from the currently broken aerial "bombing" quests. Perhaps this is an idea of what our new mounts will look like. Sadly, they haven't added any animation to the bird, so I literally looked like I was flying a stuffed turkey.

Here we have a glimpse of the map of the first area upon coming through the Dark Portal.

It looks like Draenai shaman totems will keep their sci-fi motif. Very cool!

This fucker is the bane of all players in Hellfire Penninsula - through crafty use of the Ungoro T-Rex stealth unit, you wont know when this bastard is about to crush you into a fine red mist until the ground shakes and you hear his Decepticon breathing right behind you. CURSE YOU FEL REAVER!!!! *Shakes Fist*

Teaser shot from inside one of the new 5 man instances "Blood Furnace." This instance was a joke, with two CC's took us 40 minutes to wipe the floor of mobs.

Total spoiler! Well, not really. Here is the second of the three bosses that lurk in Blood Furnace and his drop. I had to photo chop this from two images so I didnt' have to clutter the shot with my GUI and still show the loot. Looks like MC and some BWL loot just got pwned. And those orcs that are floating in air... well those are the adds who die in mid-air, because their mounts aren't placed in beta yet, and they also have no death animations.... Thank god they pushed release to January.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 09:54:47 AM »

Thanks Tenchi, those screens where great. I didn't sign up for Beta cause I'm busy at work but some of those screenies look great!.

As for the loot, I'm so happy to see Blizzard living up to their word, albiet trying to introduce better equipment to less 'Raid' bent players.

Happy adventures.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 11:24:11 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/userdirs/keeperx/burningcrusade/ss-001.jpg

I think it goes up to 83.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 12:16:39 PM »

Here are a bunch I just batch processed. No captions atm though, i'll fill em in later.

Gearhead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 03:35:35 PM »

Wild visuals, as always.

- Kickin it old school? ... Or something...
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 06:40:24 PM »

There appears to be a massive leap in graphical quality from the current iteration and BC, very very impressive screenies. Looks gorgeous. Keep 'em comin.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »

It looks pretty good, but, uhh, shouldn't this topic be titled 'Tenchi and KeeperX get to show off'? :P
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 01:28:21 PM »

Very nice. I am glad its in Jan also. I have so many great games I need to kick the shit out of. I will pleanty of time to do that, then I can get ready for the BC. Great shots and keep them coming.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 02:28:48 PM »

Quote from: "Starbreaker"
There appears to be a massive leap in graphical quality from the current iteration and BC, very very impressive screenies. Looks gorgeous. Keep 'em comin.

still doesnt look as good as ffxi. i may give wow another shot when the xpac comes out.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 02:34:23 PM »

They have different styles.

Personally I'd take WoW's art style over FFXI's anyday.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 02:49:24 PM »

really thats always been my only real gripe with wow is i didnt like its art direction. outside of that my only problem was that you can't be a human druid or a nightelf mage.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 03:38:41 PM »

You can be a Blood Elf mage in BC if that helps.

As far as druids go, lore wise having a human druid doesn't make any sense.  Really having a tauren druid does not make sense either, but I guess they wanted it to be balanced.

I assume that may be the reason why there are no Night Elf mages as well.  Also before you could shadowmeld yourself and cast Aim Shot and fuck up people before they even know what hit them.  I can only guess another big reason there were no Night Elf mages is that a shadowmelded pyroblast would be quite gamebreaking.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 04:13:03 PM »

Well, the "lore" is what's prohibiting night elf wizardry.

Draenei will be close enough for me. :P

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 11:13:37 PM »

I'm liking the world itself better visually then FFXI's. The characters themselves aren't as good as a whole(Dig gnomes though) and while you've got more customization with the camera zoomed out some of these finer details are lost.

Plus, no catgirls :P
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 01:50:07 AM »

Quote from: "Raze"
Plus, no catgirls :P

Oh, for now.  But too many alliance see that in the female draenei (and by too many I mean anything greater than 0).  Damn furries.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: