Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 05:39:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319266 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Sega buying Atlus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Sega buying Atlus  (Read 2682 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2013, 12:57:44 PM »

Wikipedia says that it was confirmed by the team leader that they lost the source, but it's taking forever for me to read the source to see where they said that...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2013, 08:59:55 AM »

You guys should keep in mind that Atlus is still a relatively small developer that has their hands full with their own IPs.  I wouldn't expect too much out of this...
Shush. Do not rain on my joy of potentially new Sakura Taisen or Valkyria Chronicles games! *curls up in a corner chanting "it will happen" over and over again*

Wikipedia says that it was confirmed by the team leader that they lost the source, but it's taking forever for me to read the source to see where they said that...

Here is the quote on that:

[Futatsugi then told us the politics behind Saga's disappearance, which we can't reveal, but the gist of it has to do with the original code having been lost, making a port -- in case you're wondering -- all but unlikely.]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:04:13 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »

I remember reading somewhere (probably just a rumor) that they lost the original code for PDS.

I thought Panzer Dragoon Saga kind of wasn't as great as its reputation makes it out to be :S The story and atmosphere and visuals are all amazing but the dungeon designs are sort of lacking and the battle system... wastes a lot of time without really being challenging -- stuff like hanging out in the enemy's blindspot forever till it becomes vulnerable.

A full on remake could fix that though.

Honestly I'm reading this more as MAYBE Sega bought Atlus more because they want to use them for localizing Sega things than creating entirely new Shining Force games or whatever.

... Also i feel like a 3D remake of Dragon Force for the 3DS would be... rather appropriate and probably a good use of the 3D effects. Give M2 some more work :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:20:56 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2013, 09:52:57 PM »

... Also i feel like a 3D remake of Dragon Force for the 3DS would be... rather appropriate and probably a good use of the 3D effects. Give M2 some more work :D

That, I would love to see happen.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: