Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 10:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329970 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gust making a spiritual successor to Ar Tonelico: Ar no Surge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Gust making a spiritual successor to Ar Tonelico: Ar no Surge  (Read 11353 times)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 12:40:28 PM »

You mean Akiko Shikata? I ended up importing some of her other cds. The Harmonia album is amazing, and Navigatoria is almost as good.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 02:33:34 PM »

Cool, there's a robot too in the party apparently.

It's been a long time since I've been hyped about a game to this degree =)

That's kinda what I was getting at actuallly.  Ciel seems more affiliated with the robot than the MC.  SO I wonder if it'll be more canon pairings than harem.

I'm kinda psyched too.... I don't know why.

I would be willing to put money down that there will be heroine choice of some kind for the ending at this point. If the battle system had two singers like in Ar Tonelico 2, then I might be willing to believe that they were going to go for a canon pairing route, but since my understanding is that the singer is switched between the two (or three since I would also be willing to put money down that there will be a third singer.....because successor to Ar Tonelico) I feel very confident that they are going to go for the "harem" solution.

I think the bigger question is whether this makes Iona a cheating hussy for palling around with two different videogame protagonists.

/hrumph hrumph

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 07:02:28 AM »

You mean Akiko Shikata? I ended up importing some of her other cds. The Harmonia album is amazing, and Navigatoria is almost as good.
That name sounds right for the one I couldn't remember. I like her music in Ar Tonelico, but I tend to prefer Haruka Shimotsuki in general....for whatever reason. Side note, I imported all 6 of the Harmonics CDs for the Ar Tonelico games.....probably will end up importing the CDs for this one also.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2013, 05:16:42 PM »

Full OP.  I believe this is the same as what was in Gust's 20th anniversary conference, but higher quality.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »

Thanks for that.

That ~:48-59 or so. They intentionally used that familiar melody there and oh man, did it work.  Really, though, I am perfectly okay with half the song being a slight variation on Expressive Hill.
I must have this.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:42:13 PM by Cyril » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 06:54:30 AM »

So CDJapan has an entry for the game which lists four "artists" for it, "MINASE INORI", "KAKUMA AI", "Akiko Shikata", and "Yoshino Nanjo". I think the first two are voice actors and the second two will be the singers. This saddens me slightly as none of them are Haruka Shimotsuki. Oh well I can still hold out some hope that she is the (inevitable) third singer.
raisel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 11:28:38 AM »

Thanks for that.

That ~:48-59 or so. They intentionally used that familiar melody there and oh man, did it work.  Really, though, I am perfectly okay with half the song being a slight variation on Expressive Hill.
I must have this.

It's "Singing Hill", and it always been that. Expressive Hill is a mistranslation that steems from having interpreted the verb  謳う as "to express", while in Ar tonelico and Ciel Nosurge's context that same verb is always interpreted as "to sing". Likewise, the opening to Ciel Nosurge (of which this song is a new version), is called 詩無き丘へ, which translates to "To the Song-less Hill".

So CDJapan has an entry for the game which lists four "artists" for it, "MINASE INORI", "KAKUMA AI", "Akiko Shikata", and "Yoshino Nanjo". I think the first two are voice actors and the second two will be the singers. This saddens me slightly as none of them are Haruka Shimotsuki. Oh well I can still hold out some hope that she is the (inevitable) third singer.

Haruka Shimotsuki and Noriko Mitose have been already confirmed since last week when the newest characters and game systems were revealed in the most recent issue of Dengeki PlayStation. 4gamer's latest article for the game also echoes this. This was already a given, as since they were in Ciel Nosurge, it would make no sense to not bring them back for this game, especially considering that the character for who Mitose sang in Ciel Nosurge is also making a reappearance in this game.

Ma ki ga exec aulla ganna dand oz ee ciel. mAtyAy aje lyuma/.
N waw W an-pu kiu-wa-fen-ne miriu-du ahih=yeta-a;
QuelI-> { EXwI[cez]->{ic-p ciel}->{ic-b ciol};}->ExeC->{DW};
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 02:16:55 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/ar-no-surge-purification-ceremonies-more-detailed

A bunch of details and screenshots about the game.

Looks like you can only talk to your girls while they're in their bathing suits and then you have to pick specific parts of the body to talk to.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »

you have to pick specific parts of the body to talk to.

lol

(note that this is not just a 'lol'. This is me posting my actual physical reaction to this, while avoiding to spam the letters "H" and "A" ad nauseum, for your viewing pleasure)

This just looks so wrong in my head.

Prim! I need to speak to your butt! QUICKLY!!! THE FATE OF THE WORLD DEPENDS ON MY DISCUSSION WITH YOUR REAR END!!!!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:59:16 PM by Annubis » Logged
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2013, 03:16:49 PM »

Alternatively:

(Yes, that's Total Recall)
raisel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »

lol

(note that this is not just a 'lol'. This is me posting my actual physical reaction to this, while avoiding to spam the letters "H" and "A" ad nauseum, for your viewing pleasure)

Prim! I need to speak to your butt! QUICKLY!!! THE FATE OF THE WORLD DEPENDS ON MY DISCUSSION WITH YOUR REAR END!!!!

And as funny as it is, it's indeed wrong. The original article in 4gamer and Dengeki states that the player can insert crystals in five specific points (head, torso, arms, abdomen and legs) on the heroine, but the heroine won't allow the player to do so until they had enough conversations and grew close enough to each other, similarly to how the Dive system worked in Ar tonelico. To put it simply, that translation in Gematsu is filled with errors.

Ma ki ga exec aulla ganna dand oz ee ciel. mAtyAy aje lyuma/.
N waw W an-pu kiu-wa-fen-ne miriu-du ahih=yeta-a;
QuelI-> { EXwI[cez]->{ic-p ciel}->{ic-b ciol};}->ExeC->{DW};
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 05:04:19 PM »

lol

Well knock my hype meter down a bit...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2013, 05:08:48 PM »

Read Raisel's post Dice.

I know mine is awesome and funny, but his is more useful ;)
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 06:40:15 PM »

lol

And as funny as it is, it's indeed wrong. The original article in 4gamer and Dengeki states that the player can insert crystals in five specific points (head, torso, arms, abdomen and legs) on the heroine, but the heroine won't allow the player to do so until they had enough conversations and grew close enough to each other, similarly to how the Dive system worked in Ar tonelico. To put it simply, that translation in Gematsu is filled with errors.

Son of a bitch! Why can't I find a news source that isn't fraught with errors and mistranslations? :(

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 06:56:31 PM »

Son of a bitch! Why can't I find a news source that isn't fraught with errors and mistranslations? :(

Because translating all these news articles quickly and efficiently is actually a lot of work...I tried doing it for a little while like a year ago and ultimately gave up.  I was putting in like 2 or 3 hours a night, every night...and it's not like my site even had much traffic.  Maybe it could have grown if I kept at it, but I decided I had more important things to be working on...

Makes me really miss Andriasang even more.  That was a really good site.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: