Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 02:03:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331590 Posts in 13576 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gust making a spiritual successor to Ar Tonelico: Ar no Surge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Gust making a spiritual successor to Ar Tonelico: Ar no Surge  (Read 12191 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2014, 12:30:10 PM »

Erm... 4th wall breaking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQXVxlBJls&feature=player_detailpage#t=188

Also, those 3D models are the most moe I've ever seen. Usually 3D kills anime style, but the hybrid style they use is awesome.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:33:59 PM by Annubis » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2014, 04:56:20 PM »

It's because there's active contact with our world and dimension in both Ciel nosurge and here: the people of that world call their own world "Ciel", while they call ours "Earthes", as it can be seen in the BIOS-startup screen at the beginning of the opening video. And it happens to be that the robot is called "EARTHES" too, so the most commonly believed theory is that EARTHES is actually an avatar for the player due to being the terminal the player used to communicate with Ion in Ciel nosurge being remodeled by her into the robot we see here.

I figured as much given how Ciel no Surge was basically a dating sim, and how much the non-robotized main character seems to be hanging with the other female lead a lot more than Ion.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 05:59:09 PM »

So considering quite a few Gust titles get localized, what do you guys feel are chances are of seeing Ar Nosurge in the west?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2014, 06:04:16 PM »

So considering quite a few Gust titles get localized, what do you guys feel are chances are of seeing Ar Nosurge in the west?

99.99%
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2014, 06:21:08 PM »

Yeah, actually. Ciel no Surge is a...non-standard game with an episodic structure that functions kind of like an odd visual novel, for a rather badly performing console. I would like it to come out, but I understand why it probably won't.

Ar no Surge, on the other hand, is a PS3 RPG that apparently has some direct connections to Ar Tonelico. It sounds pretty likely to me.
raisel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2014, 08:18:33 PM »

Yeah, actually. Ciel no Surge is a...non-standard game with an episodic structure that functions kind of like an odd visual novel, for a rather badly performing console. I would like it to come out, but I understand why it probably won't.

Ar no Surge, on the other hand, is a PS3 RPG that apparently has some direct connections to Ar Tonelico. It sounds pretty likely to me.

Unfortunately, I have to agree here. The episodic structure coupled with the social and online elements that factor so heavily in Ciel nosurge make it extremely improbable for it to ever get released outside Japan.

However, I have to also say that there's no "apparent" here with the connections between both series: Gust themselves have confirmed in Dengeki and Famitsu that both Ciel nosurge and Ar nosurge are directly connected to Ar tonelico with Shurelia's appearance in the game as well as the First Tower and the never-seen before region of Syestine, and they even have gone as far as saying that the story of Ar nosurge reveals important details on the memories Ion shows to the player in Ciel nosurge, and both become the entire basis upon which the story of the three Ar tonelico games is built. In fact, the Famitsu article explaining this stated that the story order goes: Ciel nosurge -> Ar nosurge -> Ar tonelico

Ma ki ga exec aulla ganna dand oz ee ciel. mAtyAy aje lyuma/.
N waw W an-pu kiu-wa-fen-ne miriu-du ahih=yeta-a;
QuelI-> { EXwI[cez]->{ic-p ciel}->{ic-b ciol};}->ExeC->{DW};
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »

Doesn't that order make no sense if Shurelia is in the game though?

Unless you hang around Ar Tonelico (the tower) you wouldn't encounter Shurelia who after her early childhood spent all her time as the tower's administrator (and going away from the tower is simply lethal for her)

With that said, the only period she would be free would be when she was less than ~12 years of age (and that's being generous).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:47:54 PM by Annubis » Logged
raisel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2014, 08:51:06 PM »

Doesn't that order make no sense if Shurelia is in the game though?

Unless you hang around Ar Tonelico (the tower) you wouldn't encounter Shurelia who after her early childhood spent all her time as the tower's administrator (and going away from the tower is simply lethal for her)

The detail is that Cas and Delta get involved in an accident with a teleporter and end up in the Sol Ciel far in Ar tonelico's past. These are all the details Gust has given so far. However, there are other things that can be extrapolated if you have knowledge of the series' timeline and some of its backstory: Eolia (Shurelia) was born in 3031 AD, she was made administrator in 3035 AD, and she developed her love for bunnies in 3037 AD after she met Tilia. Considering her description in Famitsu, Dengeki and the official site states that she is both the administrator and a lover of bunnies, the possible timeframe for the period in which Cas and Delta appear is between 3037 and 3040 AD, the latter being the year in which the tower was sabotaged and the world pretty much destroyed (the Grathnode Inferia). And it also has to be before the catastrophe, as the room shown in the FMV where they meet Shurelia is where the Orgel of Origins (the power source for the Tower) is installed, and that place became inaccessible after that year because of the Sea of Death.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:54:21 PM by raisel » Logged

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2014, 08:53:41 PM »

Ok, that makes more sense. I didn't know that time travel was involved (or teleporter).

I had trouble making sense of Shurelia not being at the tower, but it's the other way around. It's the other characters not being in their place.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 09:01:35 PM by Annubis » Logged
raisel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 10:35:53 AM »

And on other news, inserting the crystals during the Purification ceremonies is also possible on the guys:

http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/data/ciel/img/ac_zoom_050.jpg

Or at least in Delta, as there's nothing said yet if it'll be possible on EARTHES.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 11:35:54 AM »

Given that women will obviously be sexualized in this game, I don't have any problem with them doing the same with the guy.
Fair's fair.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 01:43:31 PM »

And in Ar Tonelico 3 the guys did have to strip too for their special attacks. Not much attention was drawn to it admittedly, but it did happen.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 01:54:19 PM »

Given that women will obviously be sexualized in this game, I don't have any problem with them doing the same with the guy.
Fair's fair.

:D

Shirtless men indeed make me happy.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »

I'm actually surprised it took them this long; a good half of GUST's fanbase has been female.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2014, 02:12:54 PM »

I'm actually surprised it took them this long; a good half of GUST's fanbase has been female.

I wish this sentiment went into more games.  The attitude of "games are for boys" really bothers me and reifies certain game-decisions and ideas about keeping things "for the guys".

The whole thing with SMT not using a female-player AVATAR really bugged me as well; especially seeing how much the MC's "gender" affects gameplay (ie; barely at all).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: