Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 09:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341247 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gust making a spiritual successor to Ar Tonelico: Ar no Surge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Gust making a spiritual successor to Ar Tonelico: Ar no Surge  (Read 18911 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »

There's actually surprisingly little fan service considering the legacy here.  The biggest exception being the purification ceremony where you can install crystals in both the heroines and the forwards in this ritual bath thing.  During this process the heroines wear...I guess they're swimsuits, but they're kind of strange swimsuits.  On the other hand Delta enters the bath basically fully clothed (and nobody thinks that's strange...) and Earthes is, well, a robot so it does seem a little one-sided.  But there isn't actually much to the whole thing.  It honestly feels kind of tacked on, like it could have just been a submenu in the equipment screen but then somebody at Gust said, "wait there isn't any fanservice in this game!"  There are conversations during this too but they're the same kind you used to have at save points or inns in the Ar Tonelico games.

Also while the main characters are relatively normally dressed some of the secondary characters (like Nei and Prim...) are just like...WTF.  Nobody ever says anything about it in-game but Jesus Christ those are not the kind of outfits a normal person would walk around in public wearing.  It seems to be mostly loli characters who get this treatment too so take that for what you will...

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »

It seems to be mostly loli characters who get this treatment too so take that for what you will...

GOTY !!!

Errrr... wait. This is the forum where I pretend I'm not creepy right?

---

Up to now it all sounds within expectations. I will probably love the crap out of this game.
That and the OSTs. Gotta get those.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »

It seems to be mostly loli characters who get this treatment too so take that for what you will...

GOTY !!!

Errrr... wait. This is the forum where I pretend I'm not creepy right?

Well, I have mental issues (your words not mine) and you are creppy. Nobody cares and life goes on brah~ :3
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2014, 07:08:21 AM »

Whee got the Concert Sides earlier this week and finished going through them last night. I think I liked all the music on them. Adding quite a few of them to my regular playlists.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2014, 02:03:47 AM »

Code:
This game is getting all meta on me...

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2014, 02:20:22 AM »

Code:
This game is getting all meta on me...

Using a spoiler tag, you coulda been more specific

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2014, 02:29:14 AM »

OK, fine.

Code:
So Delta is having an identity crisis because he's found out that he's being controlled by somebody from another dimension...in other words, the player.  And every now and then Nero likes to look straight into the camera and talk to the player (how does she know where the camera is...)

raisel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2014, 02:33:26 AM »

OK, fine.

Code:
So Delta is having an identity crisis because he's found out that he's being controlled by somebody from another dimension...in other words, the player.  And every now and then Nero likes to look straight into the camera and talk to the player (how does she know where the camera is...)

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Just wait until you get to the end of the game.

Ma ki ga exec aulla ganna dand oz ee ciel. mAtyAy aje lyuma/.
N waw W an-pu kiu-wa-fen-ne miriu-du ahih=yeta-a;
QuelI-> { EXwI[cez]->{ic-p ciel}->{ic-b ciol};}->ExeC->{DW};
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2014, 03:30:26 AM »

Why did I read the spoiler tags?  Why, oh, why am I such an idiot?

Gah!  Well, mine should be arriving in a week or so, so I guess I don't have that long to wait.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2014, 06:56:03 AM »

So quick spoilery question for people who have gotten through the Ar Tonelico cameo portion of the game...

Code:
Do you witness the Grathnode Inferia at the end of that portion of the game? I ask because listening to the Concert CDs there is one song which sounds to me like hell is being unleashed with occasional bits of softer music. At least one of those softer pieces of music, I am fairly certain one of the softer pieces is straight from the Ar Tonelico.....and that portion of music sounds like it gets stabbed. So the music sounds to me like hell being unleashed as the world of Ar Tonelico is killed aka Grathnode Inferia. So I'm curious if my interpretation of that song is right or not.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2014, 12:34:07 PM »

OK, fine.

Code:

Code:
Bah... I'm not too keen on that kinda stuff; the only time I thought it was pretty cool was in Eternal Darkness that tried to fuck with the player's character and the player itself.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
raisel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2014, 12:42:46 PM »

So quick spoilery question for people who have gotten through the Ar Tonelico cameo portion of the game...

Code:
Do you witness the Grathnode Inferia at the end of that portion of the game? I ask because listening to the Concert CDs there is one song which sounds to me like hell is being unleashed with occasional bits of softer music. At least one of those softer pieces of music, I am fairly certain one of the softer pieces is straight from the Ar Tonelico.....and that portion of music sounds like it gets stabbed. So the music sounds to me like hell being unleashed as the world of Ar Tonelico is killed aka Grathnode Inferia. So I'm curious if my interpretation of that song is right or not.

It isn't. Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE; has nothing to do with Ar Ciel, and its melody has nothing in common with any of Ar tonelico's songs. The reason for it sounding so chaotic and bipolar at times is due to a certain event that is related to the main antagonist (check the lyrics: it starts with a "I'll kill everything!" and then changes to "I'll protect everything!"), which also segues with the meta commentary that Kevadu told about before.

Code:
Besides, at the point in which the Ra Ciela party comes to Ar Ciel, not even the Seven Bloodstains Incident has taken place, so the Grathnode Inferia won't happen for at least other ten years.

However, one of the songs does indeed have to do with Ar tonelico, though its melody was never heard before: the music box part at the end of Class::DISTLLISTA; is an arranged version of the melody played by the Orgel of Origins, which is the single most important piece of music in all of Ar Ciel. The original version of that melody can be heard in track 25 of the soundtrack's first disc (titled  "Burial Chamber").
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:45:19 PM by raisel » Logged

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2014, 07:08:02 AM »

It isn't. Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE; has nothing to do with Ar Ciel, and its melody has nothing in common with any of Ar tonelico's songs. The reason for it sounding so chaotic and bipolar at times is due to a certain event that is related to the main antagonist (check the lyrics: it starts with a "I'll kill everything!" and then changes to "I'll protect everything!"), which also segues with the meta commentary that Kevadu told about before.

Code:
Besides, at the point in which the Ra Ciela party comes to Ar Ciel, not even the Seven Bloodstains Incident has taken place, so the Grathnode Inferia won't happen for at least other ten years.

However, one of the songs does indeed have to do with Ar tonelico, though its melody was never heard before: the music box part at the end of Class::DISTLLISTA; is an arranged version of the melody played by the Orgel of Origins, which is the single most important piece of music in all of Ar Ciel. The original version of that melody can be heard in track 25 of the soundtrack's first disc (titled  "Burial Chamber").
Weird, I still think that the tune that plays at approximately 4:50 of Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE; sounds like a snippet of the tune from one of the Singing Hill songs (my gut is saying the end of Tylia) to me. If it doesn't play during the Ar Tonelico cameo portion though then I guess there would be no real significance to that even if I had been right.

Don't have the sound track though, so I'll just have to wait for the game to come out in the USA to listen to the full version of Burial Chamber.
raisel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2014, 03:36:26 PM »

Code:

Weird, I still think that the tune that plays at approximately 4:50 of Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE; sounds like a snippet of the tune from one of the Singing Hill songs (my gut is saying the end of Tylia) to me. If it doesn't play during the Ar Tonelico cameo portion though then I guess there would be no real significance to that even if I had been right.

Don't have the sound track though, so I'll just have to wait for the game to come out in the USA to listen to the full version of Burial Chamber.

Well, that music box part is just a reprise of the main melody of the song. Compare it to when Mitose sings "Taisetsuna Hito no Taisetsuna Sekai ni Tsumugareshi Omoi Mamoru Hikari wo" at the 1:45 mark

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2014, 06:53:52 AM »

Given the mountains of text in this game plus the connections to Ciel no Surge I'm really questioning whether we'll ever see it localized.  Seriously, the amount of text in this game is not normal, even for an RPG...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: