Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334787 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Valve announces SteamOS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Valve announces SteamOS  (Read 1284 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »

Rear buttons would probably be not too different from shoulder buttons in practice. Would it take some getting used to? Probably. But it's all muscle memory after awhile.

Why do my thumbs have to do all the world while most of my fingers are doing literally nothing?

(That's what she said).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 08:12:27 PM »

As long as it doesn't end up in an N64 situation where most of the buttons either get ignored or the game requires you to have a third arm jutting out from the lower middle region of your torso then I can learn.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 07:25:18 AM »

Me and some of my friends from work were heading back from lunch when someone pulled this up on their phone. General consensus was that it looked stupid and based on the description it has too many freaking buttons for its own good. I believe that at least two of us laughed out loud upon seeing it and its "speaker" control pads.

As long as it doesn't end up in an N64 situation where most of the buttons either get ignored or the game requires you to have a third arm jutting out from the lower middle region of your torso then I can learn.
Bah, N64 was fine as long as you had large hands. Middle prong was king of pointless in that situation though. >.>
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:26:58 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 02:31:48 PM »

Team Meat's Tommy Refenes tried the Steam controller with some 2D platformers and...didn't hate it.

Didn't sound like he was really in love with it either, but considering that this was a very early prototype with room for improvements (the 'nubs' sound like a great idea) and a lot of people thought twitchy 2D platformers would be a worst-case scenario for this controller, it's actually kind of promising.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: