Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 12:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319083 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  compulsive need to finish games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: compulsive need to finish games  (Read 1089 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 06:25:32 AM »

Hey Pal! Want to see the ending to my game?! THEN REPLAY MY 25 HOUR RPG 2 OR 3 TIMES IN A ROW!!
No thanks,  Im gonna do the following, Im going to play the game at my own leisure and Im going to watch the ending on youtube goddamnit!

http://backloggery.com/holykael1 - For all my playing shenanigans
"It takes nothing but a single pint of milk to ruin the pure, black magic of the coffee."
"Darker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself...that is coffee."
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 04:21:05 PM »

I have this idiotic compulsive idea that I wont be able to fully experience the story if I dont play the game every day or every 2nd day, even if I dont make relevant progress on the main storyline.

Similar. If I don't get to play a certain game for a while, I'll feel like I won't know where the hell to go, what to do, or what's happening in the plot. So then I'm even less motivated to play it, which of course then seals the deal. To be re-started later, or completely forgotten.

I'll get a game, promise myself not to play it until I finish what I'm playing..and then play it anyway and never get back to the first game.

This is a thing for me, too. I have several unfinished games for this very reason. New games keep coming out so often, someone with my extremely limited playing time is left far behind... So Now I'm trying to remedy the unfinished game dilemma by doing the opposite:
I bought GTAV the week it came out, but have not played it for more than the initial 10 minute check-it-out play. It's because I'm committing to finishing Saints 3rd, even though I want to play GTAV much more. So now I feel I'm playing Saints out of obligation, even though I really do enjoy the game. So that gets it in my head that I'm not enjoying it as much as I could while I'm playing it, blah blah blah... Stupid brain.

If a game is a real turd, I'll drop it. That usually doesn't happen to me though, cuz I'm a cheap ass and wait to buy games used, when their prices are low. By then, there are enough professional and player reviews out there for me to get a good consensus.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:23:09 PM by natros » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: