Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 10:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329878 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy VI enhanced remake coming to IOS/Android this Winter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI enhanced remake coming to IOS/Android this Winter  (Read 1881 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »

I agree with what people are already saying. I am hyped I will get to play this on by Android, but would have much preferred it on 3DS or PSP or Vita.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »

Posting for good measure.  I hope Squeenix just hates FFV and will do better with VI.

I'll admit it. This was the first thing I thought when I saw this.

This was the second.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 10:43:22 PM »

I'm feeling kind of lazy so go ahead and find an "I never asked for this" meme and imagine it in this post.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »

Posting for good measure.  I hope Squeenix just hates FFV and will do better with VI.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 02:25:02 PM »

A) If it does well, there's nothing to stop SE from releasing it on Vita/3DS/Console Networks... all the assets will be there. Keep in mind, FFVI is the most popular FF game pre-FF7, once they have assets in place, they can port it around and print money!

B) Why should we assume it's going to be anything like the FFV remake? And would the graphic technology of the FFV remake be fine for FFVI? Sure it was a little more cartoony looking, but it didn't have to be. FFV is a pretty cartoony game itself, so I'm not convinced it didn't fit. FFVI is definitely not, so the sprite smoothing and detail increase could be used for more... sinister... means.

Come on people, we have been asking for an FFVI update for years, we finally get one, and even before we see screens we're complaining. Not cool.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 02:39:39 PM »

A) If it does well, there's nothing to stop SE from releasing it on Vita/3DS/Console Networks... all the assets will be there. Keep in mind, FFVI is the most popular FF game pre-FF7, once they have assets in place, they can port it around and print money!

B) Why should we assume it's going to be anything like the FFV remake? And would the graphic technology of the FFV remake be fine for FFVI? Sure it was a little more cartoony looking, but it didn't have to be. FFV is a pretty cartoony game itself, so I'm not convinced it didn't fit. FFVI is definitely not, so the sprite smoothing and detail increase could be used for more... sinister... means.

Come on people, we have been asking for an FFVI update for years, we finally get one, and even before we see screens we're complaining. Not cool.

Because it's not going to be anything like this remake.

And if you actually had taken a look at the FFV screenshot, you would've seen that the only real difference between the original SuperFamicom look and the iOS look was those fugly character sprites and an incredibly lazy retexturing. None of the maps or layout have been touched at all to compensate for the character sprites being double in size compared to the original. And then there's the combat where you still have the exact same fugly sprites, except now there's a whole mess of lazy bits like the vast amount of unused battle space, the blurry backgrounds, the dumpy battle menu, and so on. The FFV port was exactly as lazy as it looked and the FFVI one is not shaping up to be much better than it (if at all).

Though you are right that once they shit this out they're probably going to port it to every system under the sun that they don't have to spend effort rebuilding it on.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:41:14 PM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »

B) Why should we assume it's going to be anything like the FFV remake?

Erm...because they said it would be?

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »

What are they going to do for Sabin's blitz input??
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 03:19:01 PM »

What are they going to do for Sabin's blitz input??

Honestly if they just made it that you pick the move you want to use and Sabin does it, I would not miss anything.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 03:44:14 PM »

http://www.rpgamer.com/editor/2013/101013mc.html

It's not often that I link to something from RPGLamer but in this case I feel that this is a pretty apt description of where Squeenix is today.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 03:54:31 PM »

It's not often that I link to something from RPGLamer but in this case I feel that this is a pretty apt description of where Squeenix is today.

This kind of joke is really old by now.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »

That's more like an apt description of the whole industry today.  I don't feel like S-E is even the worst offender in that regard.  For pre-order day-one DLC nonsense look at what Bioware has become...

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 04:36:32 PM »

What a proper remake looks like:

I didn't play or pay attention much to FF remakes past Dawn of Souls (Though I guess I played a bit of the FF4 DS remake and got really frustrated with how slow the game was), mostly just heard they were finally doing FF6 so peeked in for once, so seeing those FF4 sprites all of a sudden...

Wow, that's just beautiful. Was that on PSP?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:02:51 PM by Hathen » Logged
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 04:37:23 PM »

Yes and it's a fantastic remake!

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »

I'm an idiot and I totally believed that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:46:55 PM by Annubis » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: