Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327627 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  So does anyone think the Vita will get better?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: So does anyone think the Vita will get better?  (Read 2174 times)
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »

The PlayStation plus part is stale, imo, as I'm not much of a fighting game fan. Or a racing game fan. Or a 3rd Person Shooter fan. Gravity Rush was great, but I think they're hell bent on making sure everyone knows that. It's been free for months! Megaman is sweet though. At least I have no reason not try Virtue's Last Reward one of these days. So really, the pickings are grand if you want to amass the great mountain that is the backlog.

Gravity Rush has been there for months because they always have a set of free games that stay the same for a full year (so they can use those games in major advertisements). For the Vita, it's Gravity Rush, Uncharted, and Wipeout. The 12-months expires next month though so it should be interesting to see what they replace them with (and if you haven't already downloaded them to activate them in your PS+ account be sure to do that now so you keep them after the switch).

As far as the Vita's prospects, I'll admit that there's not a lot in the way of big name games coming up soon but I'm excited for Ys Celceta, FFX HD, and Tearaway, and I've gotten plenty of use out of my Vita (mostly Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush, and DJ Max Technika Tune) so far.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:11:54 PM by Robert Boyd » Logged

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »

The Vita line-up actually has me furious with the fact that I can't stand handhelds. If I could manage to enjoy playing em, I would be pleased as punch with the vita.

So for this Klyde it all comes down to the Vita TV/ ability to somehow play vita games on the big screen.

The new Y's upscaled without adding insult to my already putrid-headache-inducing-posture (thanks to doing tattoos for a living) would utterly rock!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 06:48:44 PM »

Man.. I dont want to sound like a dick but it's Ys not Y's, there's no apostrophe!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: