Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 01:45:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335184 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  HELP ME! 3DS OR PSVITA OR PS3!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: HELP ME! 3DS OR PSVITA OR PS3!  (Read 2409 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 08:38:30 PM »

Well,, I was considering getting my son a 3DS for Christmas, and the 2DS comes out making me wonder if I should just go that route. I have a feeling the answer is no. I don't like the look of it at all. Weird design.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »

I'm kinda surprised/happy to see all the PSV love.  It's been slow to warm up if I saw it any way, but good to see the warm reception here (I'm still waiting for that "one title" to make me fork over the cash).  All this reminds me too: I gotta get into indie games more

It helps that most of us are expecting the thing to turn into an RPG device the same way the PSP did. Digital distribution and the lack of region locking go a long way of making it an actual investment rather than the "No export for you" nature of the PSP's library.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »

Grim, maybe you should buy your son the flute of the noodle vendor.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 12:03:06 AM »

It helps that most of us are expecting the thing to turn into an RPG device the same way the PSP did. Digital distribution and the lack of region locking go a long way of making it an actual investment rather than the "No export for you" nature of the PSP's library.

Erm, PSP was also region-free.  Maybe you meant to say 3DS?

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 12:20:24 AM »

Erm, PSP was also region-free.  Maybe you meant to say 3DS?

I worded that poorly. I meant that the bulk of the PSP's library more or less got stranded in Japan without importing it yourself. With digital distribution, even if something gets a NG on the localization front, chances are that you can still get the game without having to pay a small ransom in shipping fees for it (if you don't mind playing it in Japanese).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 06:57:49 AM »

I'm kinda surprised/happy to see all the PSV love.  It's been slow to warm up if I saw it any way, but good to see the warm reception here (I'm still waiting for that "one title" to make me fork over the cash).  All this reminds me too: I gotta get into indie games more

It shouldn't be that much of a surprise. The hardware is amazing, it's the first PSP that did (almost) everything right. I love my PSP, but UMD's were a terrible idea. And then there's the Vita. Awesome hardware, sensible gamecards, a game library that's slowly starting to look like something and a digital store with a good chunk of the original PSP library in it. Throw in Plus and some great sales that could rival Steam's and there's a whole lot to love.

The Vita not a bad handheld, it's just not the right system for 95% of the gaming population.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

So I went for the vita, I couldnt afford the 3ds.
The 3ds xl with no games is 200 euros while the Ps Vita with Killzone Merc+8gb card was 185 euros. Already beat Killzone Merc and im now waiting for virtue's last reward to arrive in the mail. Hopefully the 3ds will be bought by february before ace attorney vs professor layton.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: