Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:36:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332865 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mugen Souls Z coming stateside 2014.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mugen Souls Z coming stateside 2014.  (Read 678 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2013, 02:20:17 AM »

http://nisamerica.com/pressreleases/MugenSoulsZ_announce_20131022pb.pdf

Not a whole lotta info aside from that really. Not even a specific month yet. Personally the news is met with a resounding 'meh'. Unless they screw it up Qoga-style and throw in a ton of pointless can't-avoid fanservice crap probably will pick it up. MS was a decent enough time burner which got a good laugh or two. Looks like they're keeping the same systems from MS so if they've refined it any then it'll be solid enough.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:11:56 AM »

Ugh, can't say I was a fan of the original at all. Honestly might be time for me to reconsider my unwavering support of everything NISA does since their last few titles have not been very meh to me.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:16:08 AM »

I thought I was a NIS die hard until Mugen Souls... That game was the epitome of disappointment for me, as I did have very high hopes for it initially.

Personal opinion aside, I am astonished they are localizing this for a number of obvious reasons.

Heres hoping there is some sort of Neptunia-quality of improvement. I'll be a sucker and give it one more shot...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »

Notice:
Due to the sensitive nature of some content, NIS America has decided to edit certain aspects of this title for its North American and European releases.

truth -> lolies
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 06:25:02 PM »

Remove 50-60% of the needless gimmicks and pointless stats from the battle system to make it more streamlined, and allow a menu option to view previously seen tutorials at any point, and Mugen Souls could have been a relatively good RPG.  I loved the music.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 07:03:12 PM »

Honestly I'd rather the number of tutorials were cut (running into them even into mid-Chapter 2 was annoying) and Moe Kill made more intuitive. I pretty much had to play the game with a spreadsheet open on the computer. Crystal Breaking always felt broken to me. Could never break the crystals outside of 'Transformation'; which turned that one near-end-game boss fight where you had to into a small patch of hell.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: