Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2016, 10:20:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
239028 Posts in 7105 Topics by 2358 Members
Latest Member: BeardyMcBeardface
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Romancing SaGa 2 in English
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Romancing SaGa 2 in English  (Read 278 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:02:24 PM »

It's happening, people.

It's really, really happening.

YES I'd rather have it on Vita.

But I'll take what I can get. Now, if S-E would just do with RS3 what they did with RS1, but for PS4 ... give me the most ridiculous cel-shaded goodness, full-scale remake. My body and mind are both ready. I want to own the full SaGa collection.

(oh wait ... Imperial SaGa. and SaGa Scarlet Grace.)

But still, this is like, a 25 y/o game that we're finally getting. And I've been listening to its music for forever and a day, and I want to SEE and PLAY the game associated with that music.

Anyone else pumped about this?

Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:08:02 PM »

What platform will it be on?  iOS?  Like you, I want Vita too.

EDIT: Saw the news story yesterday (4/12) on the front of the site.  Mobile.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 06:17:26 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Games I've given Editor's Choice to:
Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 09:45:21 PM »

I liked the WonderSwan remake of the first SaGa and the DS one of the second, not to mention imitator The Legend of Legacy, so this I might play in the future.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 10:17:30 PM »

I guess I really should've made that thread instead of posting this in the General Game News thread.

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/romancing-saga-2-coming-west-smartphones

Here's a link, btw.

As for my opinion, read my posts in the 'PS4 or Vita?' thread on the General Discussion board.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 08:19:50 PM »

I got a copy of the SNES version back in last summer but I'm not even sure if it works because I think my couch out my SNES AC adapter :<
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:23:16 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 03:14:36 PM »

I got a copy of the SNES version back in last summer but I'm not even sure if it works because I think my couch out my SNES AC adapter :<

You can get 3rd party AC Adapters for SNES for like $10 on Amazon. I just got one for a friend recently. Well ... assuming it's the same adapter for a Japanese SNES as American (9 volts is 9 volts, right?)

Do you speak the Nihongo?

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 08:48:35 PM »

You can get 3rd party AC Adapters for SNES for like $10 on Amazon. I just got one for a friend recently. Well ... assuming it's the same adapter for a Japanese SNES as American (9 volts is 9 volts, right?)

Do you speak the Nihongo?

I was gonna get a third-party adapter but I heard they tended to have issues? Like they die fast, or... give strange pictures? Also I have an American SNES -- it's not like there's any real lockout on them.

Also I don't speak Japanese but I'm... interested in learning to read it and the added challenge of having to deal with games in a language I don't really know is... rewarding, and also makes me feel like I'm getting more than just entertainment out of my gaming sessions? And it also makes you look at language differently when you don't have fluent, reflexive understanding of it to rely on?

(Although I mostly got RS2 cause I had RS1 and 3 from when I was in highschool and it was one of those WELP MIGHT AS WELL COMPLETE THE FAMILY deals.)

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: