Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 10:14:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341051 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Favorite Game Genre BESIDES RPGs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Favorite Game Genre BESIDES RPGs  (Read 3508 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 03:05:25 PM »

Thanks Ninja, for killing my favorite series.

For the little I know Nintendo is more to blame with how Other M was more than Team Ninja. Either way I don't want to start any discussion here because I know people get all emotional when someone bring up Other Mon forums.

...I already had enough of that crap with FF fans years ago. ._.'

Yeah, your probably right, it was overseen by Nintendo (unlike the Retro games). However, this is different than the FF games. No single FF game as basically gone back and re-written the rest of the series into dust. Sure, some dippy fans will "wahhaaa!" this and that about some game killing the series, but then the next game goes a different direction and proves that while maybe not the greatest thing in the world, the series didn't get killed off by the specifics of one game. But now no developer will touch Metroid with a ten foot pole. There is a real tangible problem here. Metroid has always had a dubious life, being a japanese series unpopular in japan.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »

I'm with CluelessWonder on story based games; I love adventure games and I love love love Visual Novels. I'm honestly looking at my game collection and those are the two biggest stand outs after RPGs.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 02:21:21 AM »

Visual novels, platformers, and hack'n'slash tend to come to mind as other favorites, but I play pretty much all genres other than survival horror.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: