Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 02:18:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329965 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  If you could invent/discover one thing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: If you could invent/discover one thing  (Read 1352 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »

A Roomba that was capable of feeling love and would never die.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 10:33:53 AM »

I would like to think I would create something for the greater good but if I was able to do one thing it would probably be a way to make myself immortal and also stop aging. I can tell right now that it would be terrible.

One way has me being the only human capable of it meaning I have to watch my loved ones all die before me and avoid being "examined" to see if others can duplicate it. Avoiding all that, I would eventually become the equivalent of a Homo Habilis in the modern world due to evolution. If everyone becomes immortal, overpopulation leads to shortage of supplies and space which leads to war and death.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 10:35:24 AM »

What you gonna do when the sun implodes and you end up floating in space forever? ;p

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »

I would like to think I would create something for the greater good but if I was able to do one thing it would probably be a way to make myself immortal and also stop aging. I can tell right now that it would be terrible.

One way has me being the only human capable of it meaning I have to watch my loved ones all die before me and avoid being "examined" to see if others can duplicate it. Avoiding all that, I would eventually become the equivalent of a Homo Habilis in the modern world due to evolution. If everyone becomes immortal, overpopulation leads to shortage of supplies and space which leads to war and death.

You should read this book

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Aeolus
The Powerbomb of the Monado!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 09:47:41 PM »

Fortunately, dealing with immortality isn't as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be. If you're sick of living and you've got DBZ's Cell's level of regeneration, just make like the T-1000 in Terminator 2 and find a vat of molten steel to chuck yourself into and you should be fine (and dead, mostly dead). Alternatively, freeze yourself. And if you thaw out, then its time to find another habitable planet.

And remember, if life gives you immortal lemons, then you'll have infinite lemonade.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 08:33:13 AM »

-you can create an army of yous or a harem of your favorite person

Horrible ethical issues be damned?
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 11:56:42 AM »

I'd create a program that endlessly posts videogame news links in appropriate threads on RPGfan and name it after something from Norse mythology
Aeolus
The Powerbomb of the Monado!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »

You mean an RSS feed? We have those already.

-you can create an army of yous or a harem of your favorite person

Horrible ethical issues be damned?

Ha! Joke's on you. I'd make a harem of anime waifus and those are already personality-less, wish-fulling, mono-trait, doormats who are all secretly dirty whores and sluts inside (they just need you to show them).

Creepiness aside, an addendum to my previous post on immorality is that if you're going to make people immortal, for the love of god, make sure you either include eternal youth or the ability to pick and choose your appearance because like hell would anyone want to be immortal and constantly aging (imagine being stuck in one of those hospital beds tied down by life support forever).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 06:50:55 PM »

I'd make a harem of anime waffles.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 08:22:32 PM »

I'd create a program that endlessly posts videogame news links in appropriate threads on RPGfan and name it after something from Norse mythology

I see what you did there.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »

Ha! Joke's on you. I'd make a harem of anime waifus and those are already personality-less, wish-fulling, mono-trait, doormats who are all secretly dirty whores and sluts inside (they just need you to show them).
Well good luck in making enough money to support your harem while still having enough time in the day to do anything with them. :p

Edit: Also be careful on your selections otherwise you might end up with a School Days ending.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:05:27 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: