Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2015, 08:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
362790 Posts in 14697 Topics by 2300 Members
Latest Member: SegaDreamCat
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 301143 times)
Kater

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2055 on: July 24, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »

I'm still playing through the original content. Very excited to get onto Heavensward though. I am really loving a lot of what they did with this game. The music is absolutely amazing too. I just bought both of the soundtracks (and had to buy a blu-ray drive for my computer to go with it). I also really enjoy the world. It's very fluid and fantastical. My biggest gripe is how the game nickel and dimes you for transportation (I just got a Chocobo though which is very exciting). When I get further in (only level 26 right now) it would be great to play with some of you!
Anain

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2056 on: August 07, 2015, 07:36:01 PM »

I loved this game in arr. However I'm starting to feel like some of you. This regearing every patch makes me feel overwhelmed. Sadly, I don't even feel the desire to try and keep up. I haven't cancelled yet, but I'm on the verge.
Taelus
Some music guy
Administrator

I GOT THROUGH THAT PRETTY GOOD!

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2057 on: August 07, 2015, 08:43:51 PM »

I loved this game in arr. However I'm starting to feel like some of you. This regearing every patch makes me feel overwhelmed. Sadly, I don't even feel the desire to try and keep up. I haven't cancelled yet, but I'm on the verge.

Yeah, I hate the gear treadmill in the game. I love all the content and the storyline, but just mindlessly grinding with no chance of something exciting happening during the grind to get slightly higher stats that don't change my play style in any way is usually why I don't get into the endgame. It feels like work "I gotta sign on today to do dailies and run a roulette and earn my salary so in a week I can invest."

Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2058 on: August 11, 2015, 11:29:14 AM »

I don't think the treadmills the problem, not directly anyway. Nothing to do is the problem. You aren't going to mind the carrot on a stick if you're enjoying the ride. But this would be the time to cancel until 3.x if it weren't for esoterics.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2059 on: August 19, 2015, 04:21:48 PM »

I've been playing this for the past couple of months and I have yet to put the game down.  After a couple of false starts, I've finally gotten a character up to the end of the 2.0 storyline.  It can be quite a grind, but this is one of those occasions when I don't mind the grind at all.  Haven't felt that in years! 

I'm loving the story!  I agree that the story and the world in general feels more like "Final Fantasy" than most have felt in ages.  It's like, all the themes, the music, everything that got me into the series is there.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: