Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 12:59:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331343 Posts in 13570 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden VI
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suikoden VI  (Read 2268 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2006, 03:33:06 PM »

Well, apprently it's in development. According to Magic Box

- Konami's Suikoden producer Takahiro Saikymama mentioned that the development of Suikoden VI has already began, the game may have references to a previous Suikoden game.

Dunno how reliable that site is, never heard of personally, but if this is the case, can we have a Suikoden title set after the events of Suikoden III, please, Konami?

Also, can we have a meeting between Zerase and Edge? That'd be quite cool.

Maybe Pesmerga and Yuber making appearances, too!

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 03:59:23 PM »

Exciting news, as Suikoden is one of my favorites.  Definitely agree, it's time for a sequel-Suiko, or atleast one that isn't set in earlier times then the original 2.

Pesmerga and Yuber would be great, indeed.

Lovely

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 04:25:48 PM »

Now I've heard RUMORS that Sui6 was going to be handled by the Sui4 staff. I pray this isn't true.

But as I said, it's just rumors.  I too hope for a Suikoden that takes place after 3, and maybe takes place in the Outlands (or at least on the 1-3 continent.)  
But, Sui5 did leave room for lots of interesting things to happen in the southern continent. Heck, maybe one day we'll have a Suikoden where we can finally visit Kanakan. (though it's apparently a small place.)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 04:47:42 PM »

Magic Box is not exactly known for its reliability.  It often prints rumors as fact.  So I would take anything Magic Box writes with a boulder-sized grain of salt.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »

Whether it takes after III or even way before IV (don't really want that), it is still Suikoden. I'm a big fan so of course, anticipation is already high regardless.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 05:06:15 PM »

I think Suiko VI is inevitable. Let's hope the rumour proves true.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 05:35:19 PM »

Gotta love the MagicBox. I thought by now everybody knew that the MagicBox is as unreliable as it gets. For your information, Takahiro Sakiyama (that's the guy's correct name, in case you were wondering) was Suikoden V's director. Suikoden IV's senior producer and Suikoden V's producer is Noritada Matsukawa, who is apparently the man in charge of the series following the departure of Yoshitaka Maruyama's departure at the end of Suikoden III's development.

As for the actual news story, this seems rather old to me. At one point, shortly after the Japanese release of Suikoden V, one of the developers talked about Suikoden VI and how it would most likely appear on PlayStation 3.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 08:20:41 PM »

If they announce this for PlayStation 3 I'm going to be getting one.

It's not gonna be MGS4, or White Knight Story, or FFXIII that makes me get a PS3, it's gonna be this game.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 08:22:36 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
If they announce this for PlayStation 3 I'm going to be getting one.

It's not gonna be MGS4, or White Knight Story, or FFXIII that makes me get a PS3, it's gonna be this game.

Agreed.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 10:19:23 PM »

/signed

Suikoden 6 will own. They proved to me with gusto that they still have their shit together with 5. I think a post-Suikoden 3 story would be cool. I would like to see what happens with Harmoina and such.

Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 11:15:26 PM »

The full story of Hikusaak and his plans involving... Luc and Sasarai would be interesting, but I don't think we'll ever see it happen now.

If he does intend to cotrol the 27 True Runes, then surely Tir McDohl, Jowy Blight, Riou Genkaku, Hugo, Geddoe & Chris Lightfellow will all be involved!

Barnacle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 07:52:21 PM »

Given that I also seem to remember an implied announcement made by Kawano, I think, regarding the next Suikoden around the time S5 was released, that a new Suikoden is in development should be true.   Though I don't need any information to confirm whether or not there is a new Suikoden, it's more of a question of when, since it is highly unlikely Konami will stop the series as it is one of their established brands, the only one in the RPG area for that matter, with a rather a loyal following.

I don't mind whoever develops the next Suikoden.  The staff of S4 is more than welcome to it.  S4, which I consider a fitting piece of a big puzzle/tapestry that is Suikoden, was fine with me notwithstanding the negative things some people say about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: